Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Kipper Is HOME! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43656)

Lynda41 August 15th, 2007 03:19 AM

Kipper Is HOME!

I went out to feed my other 2 kitties at 3 am....almost didn't cause they ate earlier and I wanted to go to bed.......a very thin kitty ran from the door and it was Kipper......
He ran under the car but came right to me
I am in shock as I write this
He is VERY thin ...has a graze on his side and his tail is gone
(looks like a bob tail??)
My vet doesn't open til 8 am but I will have him there on the dot
Miracles DO happen!!!!

shirley1011 August 15th, 2007 05:34 AM

I am so happy to hear your kitty made it back home....Miracles do happen and I am pleased for you...Hope everything goes well at the vet's.

Love4himies August 15th, 2007 06:44 AM

I am so happy for you. If only these kitties could talk, what stories they could tell about their adventures.

Winston August 15th, 2007 06:48 AM

Lynda that is such great news! Wow I dont know if Kipper would want to talk about his adventure by the sounds of it! Yes you are right Miracles do happen! Hope all goes well at the vets office...keep us posted..How did Kipper do overnight?

Cindy

badger August 15th, 2007 07:36 AM

[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="5"]WONDERFUL NEWS!![/SIZE][/COLOR]

No tail? Sounds like he's been through a harrowing time and fought to get back to you. You must be feeling high as a kite.

chico2 August 15th, 2007 07:52 AM

Lynda,that's great news:thumbs up
You got me a little confused when you said you went OUT to feed your cats,are they outside???
Or maybe you have a kitty-pen outdoors??
Poor Kipper,whatever made him lose his tail,must have been a horrible thing...good luck at the vets,please keep us posted:pray:

SIL August 15th, 2007 08:38 AM

Lynda....that's terrific!!!! MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!
Love the happy endings...I hope everything goes allright at the vets.
Now it's time for the rest of the lost pets to find their way home :thumbs up

cpietra16 August 15th, 2007 10:49 AM

Great news. Sounds like he may have got hit by a car. I new a cat whose tail was ripped out when a car ran over it. Cats will go into hiding when injured as not to bring attention to themselves and become easy prey. Let us know how he doing. great news.

Lynda41 August 15th, 2007 11:49 AM

Kipper is home from the Vet and will be fine
The Vet felt his tail was removed awhile ago because it is
"clean" if that makes sense. No scab or anything and feels the cut on his side happened within the week like he was hit by a car.
I became very upset when she told me her feelings on his tail but I can't dwell on it. We are starting NEW today
His cut was infected so he has pills for that and I will take him in once a day for a week or so cause it will need to be cleaned and it is too upsetting for me to do.
She feels along his journey someone had him because other then his weightloss and cut he is fairly healthy....no jaundice fever etc.
We are so blessed to have him back
We have 2 rescues (they adopted us)both who prefer to stay outside in this heat and don't stray from the front of the house
If I hadn't checked on them I would not have startled Kipper
and he may not be with me right now
I have no reason why I checked on them as it was 3.am and I was still awake for some reason.
I hope I have made sense as I am thrilled and exhausted at the same time
Thanks to everyone on the site for your care and concern
Prayers for the other lost pets for their safe return home

Lynda

Winston August 15th, 2007 11:55 AM

Lynda41!! I am so glad to hear Kipper will be okay! You will never know why you went out at 3am but I beleive there is a reason for everything! Obviously this time it was for Kipper! I cannot imagine how he ended up in this state but boy if he could talk about it certainly would be something to hear about I am sure! The good news is he is home where he belongs and I hope he doesnt venture out again!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and Kipper!!!!

Cindy

mummummum August 15th, 2007 12:51 PM

It's always heart-warming to hear stories like these ~ thanks Linda !

chico2 August 15th, 2007 03:45 PM

Lynda,I am sooo glad Kipper is ok,I too believe there is a reason for everything,something kept you awake so you would find Kipper..

growler~GateKeeper August 15th, 2007 03:52 PM

Lynda41 so glad Kipper is home & safe :grouphug: :highfive:

PM the mods to close the lost thread, I added an update link to this one

NoahGrey August 16th, 2007 05:24 PM

Happy to hear Kipper is back. Love happy endings

ACO22

rainbow August 16th, 2007 06:44 PM

Glad to hear you now have Kipper back safe at home. :thumbs up

Love4himies August 17th, 2007 10:39 AM

How is Kipper making out?

Lynda41 September 28th, 2007 10:48 PM

This response is LONG overdue
Kipper is fine!
I think I had the harder time with his tail loss them him
but he has healed!
He sticks to me like glue but I am NOT complaining
Kasper (my fatty liver rescue is annoyed)
He is also very cautious in his yard at night (he can't get out) ..but I don't mind
just extra cuddling for me
I think about the site everyday....was just helping Kipper re-adjust
HE HAS!

I will check in more often now as all the missing babies are in my prayers

rainbow September 28th, 2007 11:50 PM

Thanks for the update and glad to hear Kipper is doing well. :highfive: We sure would like to see pics of Kipper and Kasper when you have time. :o

Love4himies October 1st, 2007 06:35 AM

I am glad that Kipper is doing well and is not being so adventurous anymore. Can you share any pictures of your kitties?