Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pure Inspiration - Happy tails (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Teddy Bear gets a new home - pics (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52675)

marko May 27th, 2008 09:35 AM

Teddy Bear gets a new home - pics

2 Attachment(s)
I always love posting these happy stories. Teddy Bear was at the Montreal SPCA for many months. He is a great dog and I walked him many times and he has just found his forever home.

The following is by Marie-Claude, dog-walking program coordinator. Enjoy - Marko
----------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Team!!!!!

After 7 months of waiting, hoping and wishing, our beloved Teddy Bear found his forever home yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teddy now lives in Kingston , Ontario with Lisa, her boyfriend, their 2 cats and their 2 dogs: a Jack Russel and an "SPCA mix"!!! Teddy and his family have a house and a fenced back yard!

Lisa and her boyfriend are in their late twenties. Both of them are personal trainers and they work totally different schedules so Teddy will never be alone!!!!! Teddy´s light seperation anxiety does not scare them: they once had a dog that was terrified of people and they succeeded in solving the problem. Should they need any help, they will give us a call and our student dog trainer Karine will be there for them! Thank you, Karine!!!!

How Lisa came to adopt Teddy is a very long story! In a nutshell, Lysanne, a journalist and huge animal lover whom the Board has been working with on a few projects, found her back when Teddy was in his 1st foster home with Mélodie. A series of events made a couple of meetings fall through and another one was scheduled for yesterday. Alanna, Jayne and I were all waiting for them. We waited for 2 hours and left when they did not show. What we did not know is that the couple had gotten lost and that they would arrive a few minutes after we left! Shucks!!!! But Alanna was there and spent 2 hours with them: she interviewed them and helped them introduce their 2 dogs to Teddy. They got along right away!!!! The Jack Russel showed Teddy who the boss would be by humping him and Teddy let him!!!

Lisa and her boyfriend promised to keep in touch and to send us pictures! They have even offered to bring Teddy to see us again!!!!

Boy, did I ever miss sharing good news like that with you guys!!! ..."

want4rain May 27th, 2008 10:58 AM

YAY FOR TEDDY BEAR!!!

what a nice story Marko, thanks for sharing!!

-ashley

Frenchy May 27th, 2008 11:47 AM

woohoo for Teddy and his new family :thumbs up :cloud9:

Rottielover May 27th, 2008 12:08 PM

OMG I was so routing for this poor guy, congrats

diandpat May 27th, 2008 12:15 PM

What a beautiful boy and does it even sound like a perfect match. So happy they had enough time to find just the right family for him :goodvibes:

ancientgirl May 27th, 2008 02:05 PM

How wonderful to hear some great happy stories instead of the sad ones. Yay for Teddy!

chico2 May 27th, 2008 04:05 PM

Thank's Marko,a great feel-good story,I am sure Teddy will now have a wonderful life:thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper May 27th, 2008 11:46 PM

YAY!! for Teddy Bear :goodvibes: what a cutie :lovestruck: I'm surprised he was there so long

marko June 2nd, 2008 04:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just got another picture of Teddy bear that I thought I'd share. Here's a pic with his new dad!
LOVE happy endings,

Best!
Marko

katherine93 June 2nd, 2008 04:46 AM

AWWWWW :lovestruck: He looks so content:cloud9: LOVE happy endings!!!