Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Thank you - Heros big and small (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Roxy 1 year gotcha day (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=61339)

Rottielover March 9th, 2009 07:29 PM

Roxy 1 year gotcha day

2 Attachment(s)
I just want to thank 4 people so very much. Without them this day never would have happened.
On March 9th 2008 a good friend of mine named Amanda came across roxy's profile on petfinder, and she sent it to me. I took a look, at first I was very hesitant because it showed not sure with children. Well I called Boubou, spoke to her for awhile, then 1 day later in a middle of a huge snow storm she met up with me at the shelter.
After about 5 mins, I was in love, she was so sweet, and docile, a perfect match for my crazy pup. AKA Harley.
On the way out I got stuck in a snow bank, ha ha, once again Thank you Boubou who helped me out.
A couple days later I was massaging her, I found some lumps, once again Called Boubou, With her and Suzieqt help we had that biopsy done. Thank you Frenchy for picking her up for me when I was unable to get there before closing.
A couple weeks later it was diagnosed as mammary cancer. Right then and there she was mine, not going anywhere.
It has been 1 full year on the 10th that she has cancer, and is not showing any signs of slowing down.

Thank you all for allowing this wonderful dog to enter my home and never leave. You guys are my heros
Boubou, Frenchy, Suzieqt and last but not least my friend amanda.

Here is the gotcha girlie.
Love ya roxy :)

onster March 9th, 2009 08:06 PM

Awww...happy gotcha day Roxy!!!

Do we get new pics on this joyous occassion :D

Rottielover March 9th, 2009 08:09 PM

I would love to but my comp died, and I am on a small laptop with no resizing program :(

Jim Hall March 9th, 2009 08:14 PM

congrats roxy

Winston March 9th, 2009 08:15 PM

Happy Gotcha Day Roxie!

She is a keeper for sure! So glad all is well! How is that big boy of yours?

Rottielover March 10th, 2009 05:35 AM

This morning she was flooded with lots of love and tears, who knew she would have made it this far and still have lots of butt kicking to do.
Both my guys will be spoiled today, although harley in a much smaller degree because of the IBD :(

Harley is at a healthy weight at 110 lbs, alot better than his sickly weight of 89 lbs . They are both very healthy. You will see them in the st patty's parade this year :) walking for the SPCA montreal :)

diandpat March 10th, 2009 05:43 AM

Happy Gotach Day Roxie!!!! :highfive:

I have met this girl and I have to agree...she sure does not seem to know she has cancer :laughing::laughing: Full of piss and vinegar!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!:thumbs up

Love4himies March 10th, 2009 07:07 AM

[color="magenta"][size="6"]happy gotcha day, roxy![/size][/color]

cpietra16 March 10th, 2009 11:08 AM

WOW...already a year..
[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="7"]Happy Gotcha Day[/SIZE][/COLOR]

hazelrunpack March 10th, 2009 02:55 PM

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Purple"]happy [COLOR="Magenta"]gotcha day, [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Roxy!!![/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

With many, many more to come!! :goodvibes:

chico2 March 10th, 2009 04:30 PM

[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="5"]WOW,it's already been 1 whole year,hope you all have many more wonderful years together:grouphug:
[COLOR="Green"][SIZE="6"]Happy Gotchaday sweet Roxy![/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]

angeldogs March 10th, 2009 05:13 PM

Happy Gotcha Day you gorgeous girl Roxy.

rainbow March 10th, 2009 06:08 PM

[B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Happy Gotcha Day Beautiful Roxy !!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

MommaKat March 10th, 2009 06:34 PM

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]HAPPY GOTCHA DAY ROXY!!!![/COLOR]

This made me tear up a little (Happy good tears though) . I think your story is quite touching and it's great that you have her in your life :grouphug: I hope you and her have a great gotcha day. It never ceases (sp?) to amaze me the people on this board coming together to help an animal in need.

Rottielover March 10th, 2009 06:46 PM

wow was she a spoiled girlie. Someone at work brought her in chicken liver and neck, needless to say she devoured that fast.
She says thank you all for helping her come home to stay. She is refusing to leave, and that is fine with me, more than I could have hoped for :)

Frenchy March 10th, 2009 07:56 PM

Holy crap didn't know Roxy looked like a min pin now :laughing: well what ? the pictures are tiny :frustrated:

:p

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Magenta"]happy gotcha day Roxy !!! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

and many more :thumbs up

diandpat March 10th, 2009 07:58 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;755527]Holy crap didn't know Roxy looked like a min pin now :laughing: well what ? the pictures are tiny :frustrated:

:p

[SIZE="6"][COLOR="Magenta"]happy gotcha day Roxy !!! [/COLOR][/SIZE]

and many more :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

LMAO...that's French for "your pictures are too small!!!"