Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   May 2012 - Pets.ca photo challenge - Brushing (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80928)

marko May 1st, 2012 09:25 AM

May 2012 - Pets.ca photo challenge - Brushing

Hi members!

The photo theme this month is Brushing!

Ok then who will post first? :D

marko May 4th, 2012 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll start even though my cats are bald :D

hazelrunpack May 4th, 2012 05:24 PM

omd, that's funny, Marko!!! :laughing: Does Baci like that? :D He sure is a good sport about it!

marko May 6th, 2012 02:49 PM

he's not crazy about it but it's part of his weekly ritual :eek:

hazelrunpack May 6th, 2012 07:20 PM

You have to do all of him like that, or just the sweet, wise, wrinkly forehead? :o :D

CsqU4r3d May 6th, 2012 07:33 PM

That is priceless...haha.....I bet it feels good! :laughing::D:crazy:

marko May 7th, 2012 07:44 AM

Nah, the brush is mostly for a stubborn spot on his tail. But he does like it anywhere though - this was just for the picture :D

breeze May 7th, 2012 08:10 AM

I love this picture Marko

marko May 7th, 2012 09:14 AM

Thanks for the comments everyone, but where are your pix people - ya gots ta feed mah addiction :D

Plus isn't this an easy one and don't your furkids love a good brushing? :shrug:

breeze May 7th, 2012 10:09 AM

and where is Twiggy's picture??? hmmmmm
you can't let Bacci have all the spotlight :p

hazelrunpack May 7th, 2012 02:12 PM

The problem is, when I'm brushing the Pack, I'd need an extra two hands for the camera! :laughing: Hmmmm... Maybe I can bribe the hubby into manning the shutter for a change.... I nice apple pie might do the trick!

breeze May 7th, 2012 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1039442]The problem is, when I'm brushing the Pack, I'd need an extra two hands for the camera! :laughing: Hmmmm... Maybe I can bribe the hubby into manning the shutter for a change.... I nice apple pie might do the trick![/QUOTE]

I'll do it for an apple pie :D:D

hazelrunpack May 7th, 2012 02:24 PM

You'll have to hurry--they don't last very long around here! :laugh:

breeze May 7th, 2012 02:30 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1039445]You'll have to hurry--they don't last very long around here! :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing: I'll try :D

FionaBeth May 7th, 2012 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was determined to get a picture of Zeus for this month's photo contest. After realizing that there was no way I could take pictures of myself brushing him, I was hoping that he might give me some response if I put the brush on the floor (he really does not like being brushed). After many tries, this is what I ended up with... I think that this was his way of telling me to stop taking pictures.. sorry for the lack of brushing in this photo... :crazy:

breeze May 7th, 2012 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
it doesn't say that [B][I]"you actually"[/I][/B] have to be brushing :p
maybe just proof that you did or in the process ?? [SIZE="1"]it's just a tad hard when one doesn't have a second pair of hands :laughing::laughing:[/SIZE]
:p
:D

He isn't being shaved just brushed and combed

[ATTACH]77553[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack May 8th, 2012 12:19 AM

:laughing: FionaBeth, Zeus's expression is just too funny! I take it he's not a big fan of photo shoots? :D

breeze, I love the comb stuck in Archer's fur!! :laughing: Nice touch!! :thumbs up :laugh:

marko May 8th, 2012 08:17 AM

the photo rules are pretty slack round here! very cute pic FionaBeth!
Breeze - wow that's a lot of fur - maybe the next month's theme should be vacuuming ;) :D

marko May 21st, 2012 04:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one of our twiggy getting brushed/massaged :)

hazelrunpack May 21st, 2012 06:12 PM

Wow, Twiggy, you have such a fashionable brush collection!! :cloud9: So many brushes, so little hair!! :D Too cute, Marko!

Goldfields May 22nd, 2012 04:28 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1040301] So many brushes, so little hair!! :D [/QUOTE]
:D:laughing::laughing: That is sooo funny, Marko, but the cat looks happy. I called in to a friend's place today just as she was drying her Shih Tzu after bathing her, so I got the job of blow drying her while Di looked for a brush. I ended up doing the lot with my fingers seeing the brushes had been put in a safe place(sigh, we all have them). That, plus this thread, has inspired me, I shall groom a sheltie for a photo session.

marko May 22nd, 2012 07:01 AM

Thanks for the comments!

[QUOTE]That, plus this thread, has inspired me, I shall groom a sheltie for a photo session.[/QUOTE]

Looking forward to it GF!

Dog Dancer May 22nd, 2012 12:25 PM

So Marko, do you know anybody with a spinning wheel and loom? We could save our dog hair (Breeze would be a BIG contributor) and send it to you so you could make coats for your kitties! :D Actually a dog hair coat may give a cat a real complex huh!! :eek: I used to mail my cat's hair (persian cross) out to a friend in Montreal who would spin it and used a loom to make fabric and clothes.

marko May 22nd, 2012 12:27 PM

might also be good for a wig for me :laughing: especially in the winter. :D

Barkingdog May 22nd, 2012 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=breeze;1039459]it doesn't say that [B][I]"you actually"[/I][/B] have to be brushing :p
maybe just proof that you did or in the process ?? [SIZE="1"]it's just a tad hard when one doesn't have a second pair of hands :laughing::laughing:[/SIZE]
:p
:D

He isn't being shaved just brushed and combed

[ATTACH]77553[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

The birds would love to uses some of that fur for their nests.

Goldfields May 23rd, 2012 01:07 AM

I usually have one of those orange net bags oranges are sold in, hanging from our fig tree, full of sheltie hair for the birds. Was fun to watch the crows come and stand on my old pony mare's back in spring too, plucking beakfuls of her winter coat for their nests. Still haven't got around to grooming that sheltie yet, Marko. Too busy revelling in my first days of having super fast Satellite instead of dead slow dial up. :)

hazelrunpack May 23rd, 2012 09:13 AM

I'm still working on bribing hubby into taking pics.... No luck yet :( Not even for an apple pie. He's scared he'll drop my camera and I'll never speak to him again! :o :laughing: (Seriously, that's the excuse he gave :o)

Goldfields May 24th, 2012 03:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
That sounds exactly the same as my husband. :D So, it's just Toby, who looks like a little kid saying "Are we finished YET?" :) They're not happy until we are, so they can have their titbit. Marko, can we do multiple entries? That might encourage me to groom more of them. :laughing: Getting the grooming table set up is the hard part, it's really heavy.

hazelrunpack May 24th, 2012 10:17 AM

I think you can submit multiple pics for each dog if you want to, GF! :D Please do! :laughing: Toby is a cutie!! And very handsome all brushed out, I might add! :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer May 24th, 2012 10:24 AM

Awww, sweet Toby. I vote that you can submit as many pics as you want! But I'm just greedy for more pics.