Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Site Redesign on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72501)

marko September 9th, 2010 02:19 PM

Site Redesign on Pets.ca

(This was also posted as an announcement)

Hi Members,

We have been redesigning the other sections of Pets.ca for the past bunch of months and we are finally really to roll out the new design. This redesign will not affect this forum directly, but it will affect all the other sections (articles, tips, etc.) on the site.

The new redesign should go live within the next 8-24 hours and then we'll open up this thread where issues can be reported.

We just wanted to give people a quick heads up that the redesign is coming shortly and we'll be tweaking things for the first couple of days .

Thanks everyone,

Marko
Admin

marko September 10th, 2010 02:28 AM

Hi members,

The new site redesign [URL="http://www.pets.ca"]www.pets.ca[/URL] is live and we'll be tweaking it over the coming days.

If you have a moment feel free to take a look please fell free to comment in this thread.

Many Thanks!
Marko

mastifflover September 10th, 2010 09:35 AM

new design

Wow I thought I was on the wrong site. Looks great I will let you know when I check it out further but it looks so much better. Good work I think you need to keep consistency so you will need to change the other pages to match the look of main page. Just in case you don't have enough work.:thumbs up:pawprint:

marko September 10th, 2010 09:44 AM

[QUOTE]Wow I thought I was on the wrong site. Looks great I will let you know when I check it out further but it looks so much better. Good work I think you need to keep consistency so you will need to change the other pages to match the look of main page. Just in case you don't have enough work[/QUOTE]

thx for the comment! Yes indeed we will try to match this forum's look to the rest of the site shortly.

Any other comments?

thx!

marko

breeze September 10th, 2010 09:47 AM

the new look, looks great!!:thumbs up
just a question though when you go to the front page and then click on the forum it opens another page is this normal?? or is it just me :o

mastifflover September 10th, 2010 09:48 AM

No me too get two pages now

marko September 10th, 2010 09:51 AM

Thanks Breeze! I noticed that too just now.....and it's on the list of tweaks to fix.

many thanks!

BTW - If anyone doesn't like the new design for any reason, or is having problems with anything, we really want to know that as well. :goodvibes:

Thx!

Marko

cassiek September 10th, 2010 10:24 AM

Love the new look!

I initially had some issues trying to log in on the new home page, but I seem to be able to log into using the forum page no problem.

Really like the new layout! Great work! :thumbs up

ownedbycats September 10th, 2010 10:25 AM

I, too thought I was at the wrong site, checked my book marks, right adress. Wow! it really does look nice. Is there any way you can stick a tiny version of the old cat,dog,bird logo somewhere for a while, just until we adjust to the new look?

breeze September 10th, 2010 10:28 AM

the board is really lagging, and lagging when you want to post a reply it is taking forever it seems :(

is it cause of the tweaking marko??:fingerscr

breeze September 10th, 2010 10:33 AM

on the front page where it has the pets.ca forum activity, if you click on it the first time it does nothing, but if you click on it the second time it will bring you to the forum, even when your signed in.
same thing with the pet blog.

marko September 10th, 2010 10:52 AM

Thanks for these observations! Please continue :)
I am not the one coding this but i will pass all this on to them.

many thx!

breeze September 10th, 2010 10:55 AM

you can watch the featured video, but on the bottom botton of the video "watch more videos
I don't have access I get a notice..

not sure if it applies to anyone else.

marko September 10th, 2010 10:59 AM

Copied this merged posts from closed thread [url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72519[/url] so that all issues are in 1 place.

[QUOTE]At 9:38 this morning I got that "server too busy" message again. Anyone else?

yup here too...trying to post to Brenda not to give up on what she does so well but................

I got it too.

yup me too so far I got it about 5 times..

but I think it's cause Marko is "twiking the site for the new look[/QUOTE]

marko September 10th, 2010 11:08 AM

Just as an FYI, many elements were technically impossible to test in design phase, the site actually needed to be live. So we appreciate all your help testing this.

thx! Marko

marko September 10th, 2010 12:27 PM

Hi everyone,

We are aware of slowness issues and will be be keeping a close eye on things.

Feel free to report any problems right here in this thread.

Many Thx - marko

dmc123 September 10th, 2010 03:05 PM

I like it! Looks great.

I found if you scroll down to the section titled Pets.ca Forum Activity and click the link there, it doesn't open in a new window :)

Diane

hazelrunpack September 10th, 2010 03:10 PM

I just tried to set up a page in the dog photos section of pets.ca and couldn't get logged in. Is that disabled right now till things get tweaked?

If not--it seems to want my forum logon, but when I go to home from the BB and try to start a page for the Pack, it logs be out of the BB and won't take my logon/passwd on the picture site. :shrug:

But I like the new look :thumbs up Very easy on the eyes! :D

cassiek September 10th, 2010 04:50 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;950826]I just tried to set up a page in the dog photos section of pets.ca and couldn't get logged in. Is that disabled right now till things get tweaked?

If not--it seems to want my forum logon, but when I go to home from the BB and try to start a page for the Pack, it logs be out of the BB and won't take my logon/passwd on the picture site. :shrug:

But I like the new look :thumbs up Very easy on the eyes! :D[/QUOTE]

I had a similiar problem hazel. I could not log in on the main home page, but I am able to log in if I click on "Forum"... hmmm. I'm sure some things just need tweaking. Looks great though!! :thumbs up

marko September 10th, 2010 05:12 PM

Yup still tweaking that section - Thanks for letting us know though! :)

marko September 11th, 2010 12:27 PM

Hi everyone!

We are aware that the site is going through some issues and is somewhat wonky speedwise.

We are doing optimization tests this weekend and we should be able to solve these issues and get the site stable over the next couple of days.

Thanks for your patience everyone! :goodvibes:

Marko

marko September 12th, 2010 12:34 AM

Hi members!

Some optimizations were made today to the site and for the last few hours the site and forum seem faster. Can other members chime in on whether this is true for you?

Thx!
marko

breeze September 12th, 2010 07:18 AM

the site is much faster this morning Marko for me. :thumbs up
I'm using firefox.

breeze September 12th, 2010 02:19 PM

hey marko

since this morning, the site seems to "freeze" on the home page.
:(

Dee-O-Gee September 12th, 2010 03:27 PM

When I logged in last night, I too thought I was another site. It was a little laggy last evening but appears to be fine today.

Personally, I like it opening in another tab cause you can go back to the first tab an read up on the home page. :shrug:

All in all, it looks great Marko. :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee September 12th, 2010 03:31 PM

On another note, when you log into the home page on the top left side (My Pets), it displays My Pets profile along with the last time you logged in.

Currently it is displaying "You last logged in Sunday, September 12th 2010 at 8:27pm" The time now is 4:30 p.m. Are we in a different time zone and is there a log off feature from the home page My Pets profile? :shrug:

marko September 15th, 2010 08:49 AM

Just wanted to report, that we are still optimizing stuff and are making good progress.

Thx - Marko

aslan September 15th, 2010 08:52 AM

thanks Marko,,,it was lagging really bad lastnight but it's all zippy canoe again today.:thumbs up

pbpatti September 15th, 2010 10:14 AM

Marko, just wanted to let you know that I think the new "look" is really great. Thanks for all the hard work involved in making this a wonderful forum for us pet lovers. patti

Frenchy September 15th, 2010 10:51 AM

It lags for me once in a while but no biggie :) the new front page looks great btw , I think it will be easier for newbies to look for infos. :thumbs up