Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Amphibians - rabbits - reptiles - rodents - exotics (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   i have had enough!! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72396)

the gang September 4th, 2010 10:05 PM

i have had enough!!

did my best this f grampa toad big guy has come many times i put in a bucket and tossed him, im now getting pissed he was up on dakotas ramp tonight its time for him to go hello i have walked him 2 blocks away god what do i do he looks at me and says hello lol but always sprays its 7 times in the last 3 weeks next time im putting him in the garbage bin dont know what else to do

14+kitties September 4th, 2010 10:49 PM

Is there a damp place about a mile away that you can take him to and he would be safe? A park or something? :shrug:

Dog Dancer September 4th, 2010 10:54 PM

Geez, all this talk about putting him in a garbage bin, or maybe a damp (river) kinda place, sounds like some of the news stories we've heard about lately. Watch out for the animal police! I do agree with 14+ though, obviously two blocks isn't far enough away. But you want to make sure you don't put him anywhere that he's gonna "croak"!!! :laughing: Sorry, couldn't resist....

14+kitties September 4th, 2010 11:01 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Good one DD!!! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack September 4th, 2010 11:12 PM

It may not even be the same toad, Brenda. If there's one that's gotten that big, chances are there are more. :shrug:

We just put them outside the fence if the dogs are bothering them. After a few frothing-at-the-mouth episodes the dogs pretty much learn to leave them be, anyway. Won't be long now before all the toads hibernate and you'll be free of the cheeky lil guy(s). :D

the gang September 5th, 2010 08:46 PM

its the same one !:yuck: i have picked him up many times, next time wont be pleasant, i drove him down the street last night, stupid toad:mad:

mastifflover September 9th, 2010 09:33 AM

Well someone has your number. Maybe a little crush on the human that is so nice to him

BenMax September 9th, 2010 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=the gang;949677]its the same one !:yuck: i have picked him up many times, next time wont be pleasant, i drove him down the street last night, stupid toad:mad:[/QUOTE]

It's a toad.. Poor little guy is just trying to co-exist in our world. I kinda feel badly for him.

Frenchy September 9th, 2010 11:35 AM

I have them here , they always hang out near the doors , where there's pavement. The dogs know not to mess with them , a quick sniff and they get the message LOL I have no problem with the toads here , as long as they don't try to come inside. :D you'll get use to him Brenda !

BenMax September 9th, 2010 11:39 AM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;950576]I have them here , they always hang out near the doors , where there's pavement. The dogs know not to mess with them , a quick sniff and they get the message LOL I have no problem with the toads here , as long as they don't try to come inside. :D you'll get use to him Brenda ![/QUOTE]

Funny thing, I meet them while walking all the dogs. I always pick them off the road and put them on the grass....Gee - I may be contributing to someone else's misery..:shrug:. Poor little guys....just their existance at birth is a struggle.

14+kitties September 9th, 2010 11:42 AM

Do you have a spot where you could make a toad home for him? Maybe close by the spot he seems to love so much? Toads are normally drawn to a spot where there are lots of bugs and mosquitoes - their favourite foods. They also like an area to burrow into the earth to stay cool. He isn't intentionally coming around to tick you off. He just wants to eat and be near a cool, damp, dark spot.
Personally I love having them here. They eat their weight in bugs and moquitoes daily.

Here's a googled site that show many different styles of toad homes. I'm sure you could think of something to make this guy more comfy and less a danger to your dogs.

[url]http://www.google.ca/images?rlz=1C1GPCK_enCA348CA349&q=Toad+home&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=cA2JTNK5F8GnnQf6jtyBDA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQsAQwAw&biw=1152&bih=771[/url]

Frenchy September 9th, 2010 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=BenMax;950577]Funny thing, I meet them while walking all the dogs. I always pick them off the road and put them on the grass....Gee - I may be contributing to someone else's misery..:shrug:. Poor little guys....just their existance at birth is a struggle.[/QUOTE]

They seem to like the pavement better , pavement , ciment , don't know why :confused: when I see one in the grass here , it's usually little babies. I have to be careful when I walk to or from my car when it's dark , there's always one or 2 on the front steps. :p

the gang September 9th, 2010 04:32 PM

ill look at the site, little bugger was back again,:wall:

luckypenny September 9th, 2010 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=14+kitties;950579]
Here's a googled site that show many different styles of toad homes. I'm sure you could think of something to make this guy more comfy and less a danger to your dogs.

[url]http://www.google.ca/images?rlz=1C1GPCK_enCA348CA349&q=Toad+home&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=cA2JTNK5F8GnnQf6jtyBDA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CDMQsAQwAw&biw=1152&bih=771[/url][/QUOTE]

Are some of those ever adorable :cloud9:! Our resident toads seem to like the areas around the outdoor hoses, in taller grass, and under the giant leaves of the squash plants.

Brenda, Lucky wants me to tell you to tell the Pins to "look, don't lick" :p.

14+kitties September 9th, 2010 06:31 PM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;950645]Are some of those ever adorable :cloud9:! Our resident toads seem to like the areas around the outdoor hoses, in taller grass, and under the giant leaves of the squash plants.

Brenda, Lucky wants me to tell you to tell the Pins to "look, don't lick" :p.[/QUOTE]

Cute pic LP!! :cloud9:
The kitties have been sharing their catuary with many toads this year. I have gone to feed them (the cats, not the toads) and quite often find them chilling in the cats' water bowls. :D They move when I get too close. One guy in particular likes to share KMK's bowl with him. He doesn't seem to mind too much. Free entertainment. :thumbs up

the gang September 9th, 2010 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
diesel is a brat lol and gets to close, and guess what happens, foams [ATTACH]69060[/ATTACH] grrrrrr brenda and the pins, everyone is making a joke in my family and says it just has to be my PRINCE kiss him :yuck: lol brenda and the pins, last night was 15 times i have put him out of the yard:frustrated:

hazelrunpack September 9th, 2010 10:10 PM

I'm tellin' ya, Brenda...there's more than one! :p

the gang September 10th, 2010 07:39 PM

must be he is back tonight, little shi-----t:evil:

14+kitties September 10th, 2010 09:41 PM

Have you or your neighbours got a pond? Is there a bog near by? Anything with water that will attract them to the area. They are normally not as big of fans of water as frogs are but they still like to be around it. Maybe there's a whole big family living nearby. :shrug:
Is there area where they always come to particularly dark/damp? Maybe you could put down some fresh soil under the ramp or near it to attract the toads to that spot rather than the ramp. Even a low pot filled with soil will help. They like to hunker down into dirt a lot of times and you don't know they are there until you disturb the soil. I know a couple of weeks ago I was doing some much needed weeding in one of my gardens. Suddenly the mulch started to move and a toad popped out. I quickly moved from that area and he settled back in.

the gang September 12th, 2010 09:21 PM

i got a pic of the little guy tonight :evil: on the ramp again lol