Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Riley at Whistler (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=69128)

TeriM March 22nd, 2010 09:26 PM

Riley at Whistler

3 Attachment(s)
DH and I spent last week in whistler as volunteers for the paralympics - cross country events. We rented our own condo so we could take the monster with us and he had lots of fun on some hikes, cross country skiing and snowshoe.

Working on recall
[ATTACH]63578[/ATTACH]

Heh, what's with this frozen lake :confused:
[ATTACH]63579[/ATTACH]

Wheeee!!!
[ATTACH]63580[/ATTACH]

TeriM March 22nd, 2010 09:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and these were taken on a snowshoe day ..

Huh? Stay out of what ski track :rolleyes:.
[ATTACH]63581[/ATTACH]

I think I heard a squirrel :eek:.
[ATTACH]63582[/ATTACH]

Found a play buddy :D
[ATTACH]63583[/ATTACH]

TeriM March 22nd, 2010 09:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Jeez mom, can't you go any faster :rolleyes:
[ATTACH]63584[/ATTACH]

I love playing in snow :lovestruck:
[ATTACH]63585[/ATTACH]

A view across the valley with Whistler ski area in the background
[ATTACH]63586[/ATTACH]

TeriM March 22nd, 2010 09:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
One of our last days .. there was very little snow remaining in the valley (still lots higher on ski hill) which was unusual for this time of year. Normally we are still able to x-country ski in the valley at this time.
[attach]63590[/attach]

Lucy was supposed to spend the week at home with my mom but on monday had a vestibular attack so I went home and snuck her back up to stay with us. This was taken on friday and she had recovered significantly and insisted on taking a walk. Only had one minor crash on our walk when she tried to walk up a bank and lost balance.
[attach]63591[/attach]

and this is a video of Riley recall on the ski trail :angel:.
[URL=http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/tmartinmacdonald/?action=view&current=MVI_3401.flv][IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r110/tmartinmacdonald/th_MVI_3401.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

luckypenny March 22nd, 2010 09:55 PM

I love the way Riley was way ahead of you on your "sit" cue :laughing:. Those must have been some awesome treats he was anticipating :D.

Your photos are all gorgeous. My favorite ones are the first of Riley's goofy smile :lovestruck: and the one of Lucy of course...she always looks like a puppy to me :cloud9:.

Dog Dancer March 22nd, 2010 09:57 PM

What lovely pics. I could look at your pups all day!

hazelrunpack March 22nd, 2010 10:06 PM

My fave is Riley looking regal standing on the bench with the Whistler ski area behind him! :flirt: He's such a handsome boy!

And great recall!!! :D

Lucy looks so happy to be on the trail. :cloud9:

TeriM March 22nd, 2010 10:33 PM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;899615]I love the way Riley was way ahead of you on your "sit" cue :laughing:. Those must have been some awesome treats he was anticipating :D. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;899624]And great recall!!! :D [/QUOTE]

What you didn't see was a few of the earlier attempts when he was so exhuberant on a downhill that he slid and just missed taking me out by inches :laughing:.

and then did the same thing two minutes later :rolleyes:.

hazelrunpack March 22nd, 2010 10:37 PM

Oy! The Pack usually isn't kind enough to miss hazel :frustrated: My knees will never be the same :o :laughing:

He was obviously enjoying himself immensely, though! :D Definitely looks like a fun day!

TeriM March 22nd, 2010 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;899644]Oy! The Pack usually isn't kind enough to miss hazel :frustrated: My knees will never be the same :o :laughing:

He was obviously enjoying himself immensely, though! :D Definitely looks like a fun day![/QUOTE]

He definately enjoys it. One of the days when I was skiing I was zooming downhill in the tracks and he decided to cross right in front of me so that was a bit of a spectacular crash that day :eek:. He is usually good when I yell move but he wasn't going fast enough so I zigged and then he zagged and rather then run him down I crashed.

I'm such a good mom :rolleyes: :laughing:.

hazelrunpack March 22nd, 2010 10:43 PM

Oh, jeeeeez! :eek: :laughing: Oh...whoops...:sorry:...I mean ':grouphug: :(' :o

You [I]are[/I] a good Mom! :angel:

So who was Riley's play pal?

growler~GateKeeper March 23rd, 2010 12:26 AM

Love the Wheeeee!!! shot :laughing: what a goof :lovestruck:

Lucy looks so happy to be out for a walk :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen March 23rd, 2010 01:11 AM

Those are great pics!! Your pups looked that they were having a nice time. How old is Riley? He looks like such a sweetie and having so much fun!

TeriM March 23rd, 2010 01:17 AM

Riley will be four in May and Lucy just turned 14. He certainly can be very sweet but mostly indoors, once we head out he is just a big ol high energy goof :lovestruck:.

mummummum March 23rd, 2010 05:11 AM

WHAT a hoot that must have been for all of you! Too bad we people don't give ourselves "permission" to be as happy-silly-goofy as do our dogs.

MyBirdIsEvil March 23rd, 2010 05:18 AM

That's a good recall. :)
And Riley is a very pretty boy :cloud9:

Wish I could get Walnut to do recall like that. She hears you but she's like "Yeah, just a sec, ma, I'm sniffing something important, hold on..." She comes but she's not fast at it :laughing:. Food has no interest to her and people can wait I guess.

Bheka's learning it well, but she loves to please people. Just a pat on the head will make her your friend forever.

Roscoe's a minpin and they don't generally do recall outside of a fence. If he gets away you are gonna have to get in the car and go after him, cuz it's the only way you'll catch him.:evil: He loves car rides though so he'll get right in.

Love4himies March 23rd, 2010 06:44 AM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:What great pics and video. Looks like they had a wonderful time in Whistler. [SIZE="1"]That's quite a tongue on Riley :laughing:[/SIZE]

14+kitties March 23rd, 2010 08:20 AM

Riley!! What a hoot!!! And Lucy :cloud9:. I am so glad the VD didn't last long. :thumbs up

ancientgirl March 23rd, 2010 08:26 AM

My favorite photo is the one of him standing on the table with the mountains in the background. That's beautiful.

Frenchy March 23rd, 2010 10:33 AM

The pictures are awesome :lovestruck: nice scenery , nice doggie :cloud9:

sorry about Lucy having another episode :(

breeze March 23rd, 2010 11:16 AM

Handsome Riley :lovestruck::lovestruck:

and there is sweet pretty Lucy :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Beautiful pictures Teri..makes me want to come there and enjoy the fun.:cloud9:

otter March 23rd, 2010 05:08 PM

Awwww, Riley and Lucy look GREAT :thumbs up:thumbs up

That photo of Riley standing in front of Whistler is just beautiful, definitely frame worthy :lovestruck:

Watching doggies have fun always makes me :D Thanks so much for sharing his joy :goodvibes::dog::dog: