Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Bulletin board tips (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Should Marko retire the king and queen? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=35157)

erykah1310 January 11th, 2007 01:59 AM

Should Marko retire the king and queen?

Next time Marko blesses us with new smilies do you think he should retire the :king: and:queen: guys????
Lets do a poll!!! :D

Prin January 11th, 2007 02:04 AM

LOL are both the options the same?

Yes, they should be retired
No, they shouldn't be kept around
:D

erykah1310 January 11th, 2007 02:06 AM

LOL :laughing: WOW! Im tired!

No means " I like them" K?

TeriM January 11th, 2007 02:13 AM

I voted yes but I am ok with keeping :king: as our "generic" royalty.

meb999 January 11th, 2007 07:06 AM

the queen gives me the willies :queen: THE HEAD! THE HEAD!

technodoll January 11th, 2007 08:01 AM

royalty is so "passé"!! long live democracy!! :goodvibes:

marko January 11th, 2007 08:17 AM

This poll cracks me up. :clown:

Which choice is for people who LIKE the king and Queen?
NO!!! ( cant think of a good reason to keep them around sorry)

Don't you think the No answer should just say NO or No, I love the king and queen....Ok I'm taking the liberty to edit this poll after rereading previous posts in this thread. I'm also taking the liberty to make this poll private as ALL polls, elections and surveys should be IMHO.
(hope that's okay Erykah310)

and just when I thought that the new smilies were makin' people happy...:shrug:

In general - the queen and king icons relate to people's pets who are the kings and queens of the household. I know Ziglet and Zak are the kings of my household. Long live the Kings :king: :king:

Golden Girls January 11th, 2007 09:24 AM

I don't think I've used them but seeing them won't keep me up at night either :p

happycats January 11th, 2007 09:41 AM

:king: it doesn't really matter to me:queen: !(although someone should loosen up that crown on the poor queens head)
It was the clown I found disturbing, the new one is slightly better.
I kinda miss the troll dude though.:sad:

technodoll January 11th, 2007 10:03 AM

marko i agree on your point of view that our pets are kings and queens of our hearts and our homes, HOWEVER, it seems we rarely have contexts in which to use these emoticons, you know? but we are often looking for others to help express what we are trying to say... the purple "upset" guy (not as sad as :sad: yet not as happy as :o ) was used alot, why did you take him away? :confused: many of us would LOVE a "drooly" guy, to show interest in a certain pet for adoption, a food, somebody's new toy or furkid, etc... or a "poke fun" emoticon, we have :D and :laughing: which IMO repeat themselves... just a few suggestions on my part :p

meb999 January 11th, 2007 10:16 AM

I like this guy --> [img]http://foolstown.com/sm/crazy.gif[/img]

Frenchy January 11th, 2007 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=marko;350655]
In general - the queen and king icons relate to people's pets who are the kings and queens of the household. [/QUOTE]

That's why I used them, to describe to way my house is run. :shrug: by :king: :queen:

Shamrock January 11th, 2007 03:36 PM

Never used 'em myself, but find the royal couple ok.:)

Love the new smiley's!:highfive:
For future considerations - how about one or two "happy birthday" emoticons? Or congratulations?

Mahealani770 January 12th, 2007 11:55 AM

KILL THE MONARCHY!!! KILL THE MONARCHY!!!

Ok..ok..I really don't care THAT much, but I have never seen anybody use them! I still want the smiley that bangs his head against a brick wall. Also, I totally agree with TD, I miss the purple guy who was sad, but not as sad as :sad: <-- this guy. I used these 2 guys the most. But, just my :2cents: :D
P.S. Does anybody use this guy? -->:crazy:

[QUOTE]Originaly Posted by: [B]Happycats[/B]
:queen: it doesn't really matter to me !(although someone should loosen up that crown on the poor queens head)[/QUOTE]
LMAO!!! I was thinking the same thing!

happycats January 12th, 2007 12:45 PM

I use this guy:crazy: the crazy dude !! This guy:footinmouth: is a little scary though, maybe it would look better without the shoe (foot in mouth not shoe:shrug: ) Then again it might look xrated, now that I think about it:o

Mahealani770 January 12th, 2007 01:25 PM

HAHAHAHA...you're right..it may look a little x-rated. It took me awhile to even figure what the heck that picture was showing!

Prin January 12th, 2007 01:49 PM

Well, if we can't get rid of them, can we rename them?

:king: = spoiled rotten
:queen: = migraine/ tension headache

:D

Mahealani770 January 12th, 2007 02:31 PM

Perfect...because I have a terrible -->:queen: right now! :sad:

technodoll January 12th, 2007 03:12 PM

OK according to canadian democracy, 11 votes win over 5 and 2 :D

Prin January 12th, 2007 04:34 PM

[QUOTE=Mahealani770;351243]Perfect...because I have a terrible -->:queen: right now! :sad:[/QUOTE]

Aww, it sucks that you have a :queen:. :( Better :king: yourself to make up for it.;) :grouphug: :goodvibes: