Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Free tag from Humane Society of Canada (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52097)

dragon_queen May 6th, 2008 08:12 AM

Free tag from Humane Society of Canada

Found this on another site, hope you never need it, but better safe that sorry.
[url]http://www.humanesociety.com/pets/pet-recovery-team.html[/url]

Pet Recovery Team
When your pet goes missing, a valued member of your family is lost. The Humane Society of Canada's Pet Recovery Team helps reunite lost pets with their families through a special network which includes giving each one of your pets an id tag bearing your pet's name and your contact telephone numbers. On the other side of the tag, is a unique serial number keyed to each one of your pets' information, complete with The Humane Society of Canada's toll free number, which works from anywhere in North America.

If your animal is lost outside of Canada or the United States we will accept collect calls from anywhere in the world.

Registering Your Pets
If you have an e-mail address you can register online or login using the form on the lower right of this page to start the process. Once you have a user account, just fill out the online Pet Recovery registration form or print the form and send it by mail or by fax to the Humane Society of Canada.
If you do not have an e-mail address or you do not wish to register online, you can print out this PDF version of the Pet Recovery Form and send it by mail or fax to the Humane Society of Canada.

For details on mailing or faxing your form to the Humane Society of Canada, visit our contact page.

You can register as many pets as you like and there is no charge for your pet's lifetime registration in our Pet Recovery Team.

When we receive the forms, the tag is created in our office and mailed out to you as soon as possible.

DQ

mastifflover May 6th, 2008 01:10 PM

Thanks I just registered Clark this is great

dragon_queen May 6th, 2008 03:58 PM

You're welcome, unfortunately my Dragons don't wear collars. :laughing: so I won't be getting any.

chico2 May 6th, 2008 04:11 PM

I got those tags for my cats a couple of years ago and when I accidentally threw all of them out(don't ask me why:laughing:)the HS relaced them with no problem.
I think I have a pic here somewhere..

chico2 May 6th, 2008 04:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
oops forgot the pic..

dragon_queen May 7th, 2008 03:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok, I registered my fur sister for my Mom. She's an indoor cat but loves to go to the trailer in the summer.

STRAYKEEPER May 23rd, 2008 04:20 PM

Thanks

I just registered my fur babies:thumbs up

the gang May 25th, 2008 08:48 PM

has any one got the tags yet????? i did the pins more than 2 weeks ago brenda

dragon_queen May 26th, 2008 07:35 AM

not yet, I registered my mom's cat on the 7th of May. I'll post when I get it.

BusterBoo May 26th, 2008 08:43 AM

I just registered Buster today, but it wouldn't allow me to upload a photo?

dragon_queen May 26th, 2008 09:08 AM

It wouldn't let me upload either, but I gave up and just registered Bu. it says you can e-mail them a photo. I guess you don't really need the photo unless the pet is missing.

phoozles May 28th, 2008 11:55 AM

Mine came yesterday! I was very excited!

I put one on Jake which didn't faze him - he had his rabies tag on there originally..

Alley has never had a tag before, so she's extra jingle-y now (it keeps hitting her little bell), and we put it on in the nick of time - about a half hour later she ran outside! :eek:

Of course, she only got about 5 feet, but at least I feel better that if she does get away from us, people will know where she came from - especially since there are so many strays around here! :thumbs up

erykah1310 May 28th, 2008 05:06 PM

See...
I ordered them too when Chico was talking about them what almost 2 years ago now... Never got anything:shrug:

katherine93 May 28th, 2008 06:47 PM

The link wont work for me :( I really wanted some for all the animals) Is there a limit to how many you can get? With 20 collar wearing animals in the house, will it be a problem?

the gang May 28th, 2008 07:14 PM

my daughter got hers yesterday!!! but im still waiting brenda.

CearaQC May 28th, 2008 09:12 PM

I ordered one for each fuzzbutt the day the original post was made and haven't received them yet.

chico2 May 29th, 2008 06:34 AM

Erykah,I am surprised,I had mine within 2 weeks and when I lost them,got 3 new ones in no time at all.
I would give it another try.
Katherine,I am sure it does not matter how many animals you have!

Kashi May 29th, 2008 11:25 AM

I just got Pugsley's tag today.

Hubby is having a bit of a laugh at the number of tags on the poor dog now (rabies, personalized one, Humane society, 24petwatch one)

phoozles May 29th, 2008 03:37 PM

I had the hardest time actually signing them up - it kept resetting things and telling me I wasn't registered or logged in when I was - it was very frustrating.. :frustrated:

At least I finally got them - but instead of putting my cell # on them as an additonal number, it has my general work number instead :headslap:

BusterBoo June 4th, 2008 12:57 PM

:thumbs up I got Buster's tag and all the info is right. The only problem is
Buster doesn't like the noise of his rabies tag and the HS tag together. :laughing:

dragon_queen June 4th, 2008 03:47 PM

I went to re-register my Mom's cat. It didn't have Bu's info on the site, so maybe I did something wrong and it didn't work. Oh well. If at first you don't succeed try try again.

dragon_queen July 7th, 2008 01:01 PM

Woo Hoo , my Mom finally received the tag today. I'll put it on the cat's harness later. She wears the harness most of the summer while she's at the trailer.

Diamondsmum October 31st, 2008 04:13 PM

Thought Id add to this..

I got Diamond, Sid & Dustys tags today :thumbs up. Sent about 2wks ago

Sid they have 1 number wrong for my cell :shrug: Not sure if that was a me or them?

[IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg109/ATVchicky/001-1.jpg[/IMG]

rainbow November 1st, 2008 02:58 AM

Cute pic of Diamond :lovestruck: ......but where are the pics of Sid and Dusty? :yell:

And we also want pics of Dusty and Sid. :D

Diamondsmum November 1st, 2008 09:15 AM

I haveta get new collars for them :) I will get collars & post pics

MommaKat November 1st, 2008 03:26 PM

Ooh this free identity tag thread should be stickied, I did not know about this. I just ordered one for Maggie. They look a little heavy though? I will order 2 for the cats I think and see how they like it.

chico2 November 1st, 2008 05:39 PM

My 3 cats all wear them,without the rabies-tags,one tag is enough for the cats and they are not heavy at all.

mollywog November 3rd, 2008 07:44 PM

I ordered mine in May or June and just got it last week, its great! Thanks for the link dragon queen!

Spatx November 3rd, 2008 08:19 PM

I just ordered, may be a while before I get them, but I don't mind waiting :)

dragon_queen November 4th, 2008 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=mollywog;687412]I ordered mine in May or June and just got it last week, its great! Thanks for the link dragon queen![/QUOTE]

Your welcome, I hope you never need to use it. :)