Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a dog - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Nina needs a home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=1280)

marko April 22nd, 2003 10:15 AM

Nina needs a home

1 Attachment(s)
Nina is a 3 year old female Pit Bull who is in excellent health except for the fact that she is BLIND. She sees some shadows however and navigates quite well once she learns her surroundings. She is very protective of her people and is okay with some male dogs but does not get along with other females. Nina likes truck rides and is generally well-behaved. Nina is up to date on shots, spayed, and there is a discount in her adoption fee because of her special needs status. Help show Nina how wonderful a forever home can be!

Please direct inquiries and suggestions to [email]info@itsapitty.com[/email]

Cactus Flower May 15th, 2005 02:57 AM

I just saw this in the archives. Nobody responded to this post?

Whatever happened to this poor baby, Marko? :sad:

PITCREW RESCUE May 15th, 2005 07:35 AM

Nina is STILL here at PITCREW. :sad:

Toonces May 15th, 2005 08:40 AM

I hope this girl gets a home soon she is beautiful

Cactus Flower May 15th, 2005 01:35 PM

How sad. Wish I was closer.

Copper'sMom May 16th, 2005 11:59 AM

Poor girl! :sad: She's absolutely beautiful!! I so wish I could have my own Pittie rescue/shelter/kennel, but I wouldn't adopt them out...................I'd keep them all!

PITCREW RESCUE May 20th, 2005 11:10 PM

"I wouldn't adopt them out...................I'd keep them all!"

You'd pretty much have to keep them all since good homes are so scarce anymore - especially for special needs dogs. Everyone says how beautiful she is but no one is willing or able to give her a home. :(

BMDLuver May 21st, 2005 05:30 PM

Oddly enough, I recently met an 11 year old pitt who is almost totally blind except for some minimal shadows. Her owner adopted her at 10 years of age from THS. She is fantastic, gets along very well and when she bumped into my daughter, sat down, sniffed her and then proceeded to give her big licks. My daughter was in the middle of the floor so not a spot that something normally is. So, you never know, even senior with disabilities can be adopted. Someone will come along for Nina!

Lucky Rescue July 12th, 2005 03:02 PM

Nina has gone to the Bridge, where I'm sure she's happy, healthy and whole!

R.I.P. pretty girl. You will not be forgotten.

Cactus Flower July 12th, 2005 03:17 PM

Oh no! What happened?

RIP, poor Nina :sad: .

Kariia July 14th, 2005 05:47 PM

:sad: :grouphug: Poor dog... :sorry:

Rest in peace, Nina. :angel:

pags July 14th, 2005 06:01 PM

Awwwwww!! That was so hard -- reading through the whole post and then finding out she's gone. Poor thing. RIP Nina.

Lucky Rescue July 14th, 2005 06:12 PM

Sorry, I don't know the details, but at least Nina had all the love and caring possible, which she never would have had if PITCREW had not taken her in.

pags July 14th, 2005 07:18 PM

[QUOTE=LuckyRescue] but at least Nina had all the love and caring possible, which she never would have had if PITCREW had not taken her in.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes - agreed. I'm sorry to have seemed to have overlooked this in my previous post. Thank God for PITCREW. :grouphug: