Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Recipes for humans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Picnic Dessert? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42146)

jesse's mommy July 2nd, 2007 07:06 PM

Picnic Dessert?

So, I have a company picnic to go to in August and need a dessert to bring. I don't know which braniac came up with this idea. Now, here are the stipulations:

1. We live in Florida and will be extremely hot in August so it has to be something that isn't going to spoil.
2. It has to be something that can travel well because it will take us about an hour and a half to get to the location.

I'm really good at making any kind of dessert so it doesn't matter if it's easy or hard. I just need something that will travel well and hold up to the heat.

Oh and prizes can be won for the best desserts. :D

Frenchy July 2nd, 2007 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=jesse's mommy;446725]I'm really good at making any kind of dessert so it doesn't matter if it's easy or hard. I just need something that will travel well and hold up to the heat.

Oh and prizes can be won for the best desserts. :D[/QUOTE]

So I guess anything with icing is out. Fruit salad ? :shrug:

hazelrunpack July 2nd, 2007 07:49 PM

I have a recipe for Banana Fudge-Walnut Brownies. They're yummy [SIZE="1"](hazel can't stop eatin' 'em so she doesn't make 'em often any more :o)[/SIZE], are easy to make, don't need refrigeration for the amount of time you'll need, can be eaten with the fingers with minimal mess, and did I say they're yummy? :D

The only hitch is one batch makes only 16 small (2in x 2in) brownies, so if you're feeding a lot of people, you'll need more than one batch. :shrug:

BANANA FUDGE-WALNUT BROWNIES

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom only of 8-inch square pan.

Combine in a small bowl or measuring cup:
3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Melt in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly:
1/4 c (1/2 stick) margarine or butter
1 6-oz package (1 c) semisweet chocolate chips

Beat in thoroughly with spoon:
1/2 c sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/3 - 3/4 c mashed banana (1 to 3 small bananas--the more you add, the moister they'll be)
the flour mix from above
1/3 - 1/2 c walnut pieces (or chopped walnuts)

Spread batter evenly in pan.

Bake about 30 minutes or until center is set; cool completely. Cut into 2-inch squares. Dust with powdered sugar. :cloud9:

[SIZE="1"]Whew! had to type that in twice cuz hazel's connection quit mid submission the first time! :rolleyes: [/SIZE]

jesse's mommy July 2nd, 2007 07:57 PM

Mmmmmmm Hazel, those look delicious. I think I'm going to make them for myself and not share. :evil:

hazelrunpack July 2nd, 2007 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=jesse's mommy;446743]Mmmmmmm Hazel, those look delicious. I think I'm going to make them for myself and not share. :evil:[/QUOTE]

:o hazel does that all the time... hubby gets miffed when she eats them all before he gets home...so sometimes I have to hide the evidence that there's been baking so she doesn't get into trouble :laughing:

Lukka'sma July 2nd, 2007 08:12 PM

Good thing the pack is tight-lipped or you could be in a whack of trouble for all sorts of things by the sounds of it

Lukka'sma July 2nd, 2007 08:12 PM

I think the fruit salad idea was a good one

hazelrunpack July 2nd, 2007 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=Lukka'sma;446752]Good thing the pack is tight-lipped or you could be in a whack of trouble for all sorts of things by the sounds of it[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]he he[/SIZE] :o Ya got [I]that[/I] right! :p They're good kids... :laughing: