Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Gardening (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Some of my roses.. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41583)

chico2 June 16th, 2007 04:06 PM

Some of my roses..

3 Attachment(s)
I am a little concerned that everything is blooming so early but,here are a few of my roses,I have a ton:laughing:

chico2 June 16th, 2007 04:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
One more rose more,plus my Stella lily..and my HUGE Hosta..

Smiley14 June 16th, 2007 04:51 PM

Oh, those are GORGEOUS roses!!!!!! WOW! And yep, that is one monster hosta alright! :laughing: Very pretty!!!!!

hazelrunpack June 16th, 2007 08:34 PM

Your roses are stunning, chico! :cloud9: I could never grow roses--not even the little ones on the bushes that supposedly take no work and need no attention :frustrated:

You must have a special rapport with the prickly beasts! :D

clm June 16th, 2007 10:24 PM

Beautiful Chico2. I love roses. My favorite flower.

Cindy

chico2 June 17th, 2007 07:35 AM

It's kind of old-fashioned to grow roses:laughing: but not difficult...the pink one is about 30yrs old,we brought it with us when we moved here..

hazelrunpack June 17th, 2007 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;440395]It's kind of old-fashioned to grow roses:laughing: but not difficult...the pink one is about 30yrs old,we brought it with us when we moved here..[/QUOTE]

NOT DIFFICULT!!!! :confused: You must be a rose genius, Chico! Cuz the only other explanation for hazel's failure with them is that she is a rose ignoramus! [SIZE="1"]:laughing: :eek: :o oh, wait...she is sort of a general, all-purpose gardening ignoramus, isn't she? :o never mind...[/SIZE]

They're still [I]beautiful[/I] roses, Chico. You should be proud! :D

jesse's mommy June 17th, 2007 04:04 PM

Chico I love your garden. I have a few rose bushes in my yard too. I don't care how "old" they are, they are so beautiful. I love roses. I love the way they smell and love the way they look.

chico2 June 17th, 2007 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I too have noticed how everything is growin tall,just look at ths plant,I have no idea what it is,but hubby is 5'9 and that's how tall the plant is:eek:
Hubby did not want me to post the pic,it is not a good pic,he really is good-looking:lovestruck:
The other pic is of the flower...what's it called???

clm June 17th, 2007 06:24 PM

I think the plant is a maltese cross. It's beautiful.....tell your hubby he's beautiful too :laughing:

Cindy

hazelrunpack June 17th, 2007 07:06 PM

I've never heard of a maltese cross plant. It shore is purdy, though! :thumbs up

JanM June 17th, 2007 07:25 PM

Beautiful roses, Chico - I love the yellow rose! I don't have yellow roses and they are my favourites! Only two of my roses are scented - the Peace Rose which was just moved so probably won't bloom this year and a light pink rose - I have no idea what it is - it came with the house... Yours are truly beautiful!

chico2 June 18th, 2007 06:47 AM

Thank's,Maltese Cross,eh,I have to look it up..
As for my roses,I have all colours,don't know the name of any of them,they are all just roses to me:laughing:

Hunter's_owner June 18th, 2007 06:55 AM

Omg, I almost missed this thread:eek:
Chico I llove roses! I don't care how "old" they are either, I love the way they look and I love their smell:cloud9:
Tulips are my absolute fave, but many roses are very close behind:cloud9:

chico2 June 18th, 2007 07:01 AM

HO,I have one deep,darkred rose growing right under a window and it has a very strong smell,makes the room smell really nice with the window open,love it:lovestruck:
The secret,I think,of growing healthy roses is to deadhead them and trim out any gangly shoots.
My only problem is blackspots late in the summer,still trying to find a cure for it.
I do all the right things,water in the morning,water only the roots,but it's hard with the humidity we get in the summer,just perfect for blackspots:yell:

Lukka'sma July 5th, 2007 01:13 PM

One of my roses. This one should have a beautiful fragrance to go with it's good looks, but nary a smell to be found
[IMG]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/clwhal/P1000911.jpg[/IMG]

chico2 July 5th, 2007 03:47 PM

I have ONE older red rose that smell really strong,it's under my hallway window and I can smell it in the house.
The others are just pretty to look at,not much smell.
Yours is really pretty:thumbs up
I just bought a white rose,called the John F Kennedy rose,it smell pretty nice too.

Lukka'sma July 5th, 2007 03:52 PM

I love the JFK roses. Have seen them before. I also have seen a picture of a garden that had only white flowers in it. Don't remember where it was but just beautiful!

chico2 July 5th, 2007 04:00 PM

I loved JFK and still remember my mom and I crying the day he was killed and we were in Sweden.
I too love the rose named after him,so far only 2 blooms,but it has lots of buds.

TeriM July 13th, 2007 01:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I can do rose pics :D (safely behind the dog fence ;) ) .

growler~GateKeeper July 13th, 2007 01:49 AM

WOW all of your flowers are gorgeous!:)

Here in my small apt I have a couple of small planters w/mini Daffodils & mini African Violets - last year after blooming my AV's disappeared (i think they got eaten by the Daffs:confused: ) then my daffodils started sprouting leaves in december & had them through til june then they all died & I never got any flowers:yell: :sad:

I saw the other pics of your yard [B]Chico2[/B] [U]it is stunning[/U]!!:cloud9:

chico2 July 13th, 2007 06:07 AM

Thank's Growler!!It's always a work in progress:laughing:
Teri,very nice,unusual colour,never seen those colours before..

chico2 July 22nd, 2007 04:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My new JF Kennedy rose just showed me it's first bloom,lots of buds though,so more to come,love it...

clm July 22nd, 2007 09:33 PM

Nice JFK rose. If I remember correctly they have a good scent too. I haven't had hybrid teas for a long time now. Always loved white roses.

Cindy

rainbow July 23rd, 2007 01:28 AM

Well, I'm a little late coming here but ALL your roses are gorgeous. :cloud9: I am sooo jaloose. :sick: <---- sick with envy smiley :D

chico2 July 24th, 2007 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some of my greenish backyard....Chico is there too,somewhere:laughing:

Lukka'sma July 24th, 2007 12:12 PM

What a gorgeous yard. Fantastic place to sit with that first cup of coffee in the morning just as the sun comes up:cloud9:

happycats July 24th, 2007 01:16 PM

OMG Chico your gardens are BEAUTIFUL!!! I just love the roses!!
I have some Maltese cross as well, and mine grew so high this year.
(do I cut them back when they have finished blooming?)

Terim, I have one of those roses, it's called "Oh Canada" My Hubby got it for me from Home Deopt on Canada day last year.

:sick: I'm sick with envy too. Although I love gardens and flowers, I just can't keep up with those pesky weeds:o

chico2 July 24th, 2007 03:47 PM

Happycats,just dead-head the Maltese Cross(cut off the dead flowers)and it will continue blooming all summer..
I usually sit on the deck having my morningcoffee,but that little spot down there is great for watching the birds at the feeders.

Love4himies July 27th, 2007 07:31 PM

Oh your roses are beautiful. They are my favourite flower!

Your gardens remind me of an oasis! It must be so relaxing to sit in your backyard with your morning coffee.