Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hello, My name is WildHair and I...... am an animal lover! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=37462)

wildhair March 7th, 2007 01:38 AM

Hello, My name is WildHair and I...... am an animal lover!

Hello everyone,
I was surfing the net and happened upon your group here. It looked very informative and friendly so I thought I would join in.
I am WildHair. I get my name from 2 places. one.... well.... I do have wild hair. and 2.... as a child I collected stuffed rabbits.
I have a 6 yr old cock-a-pooh named Toby. Mom was a miniature poodle and dad was a cockapooh. we think he is a cock-a poodle-pooh :crazy:
Our other dog is a shih tzu. (is that spelled right? never sure where to put that extra "H" :frustrated: ) His name is Chip. We think he is full of.... well.... you get the idea...
Chip adopted us last year when i found him running down my street. I scooped him up (who can resist a shih-tzu anyhow?) and took him home. I called the number on his tag and met the owners. a week later there he was..... back at my door. this happened 3 times. finally the owners said we could keep him :love: .
I also raise Betta fish and adore those little African frogs. There is also a fish tank at school for the kiddos, but the numbers and species vary from week to week :o
My favorite dog I ever owned was Dakota, an Australian Shepherd. He passed away recently when I left him with family while we went on an extended vacation. He was poisoned by rat poison and never pulled out of it. I love the breed and temperment of Aussies and would highly recommend them if you have the space and time for them. they are extremely smart dogs.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

mummummum March 7th, 2007 02:02 AM

Welcome to the board ~ that's quite the little zoo you have (sorry about your Aussie :sad: ). But no fair ~ you haven't posted any pix of your brood ! Specially the frogs ~ I LUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvv frogs. :lovestruck:

Prin March 7th, 2007 02:42 AM

Welcome to the board! Quite the furfamily you have! I'm sorry for your loss too. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack March 7th, 2007 10:48 AM

Welcome to the forum, Wildhair!

Sorry for the loss of your Aussie :grouphug: So sad. :sad:

But it sounds like you have a grand little gathering at your house. [SIZE="1"]Yep...I'm gonna make the same request:[/SIZE] [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Plum"]Pictures, please![/COLOR][/SIZE] :D Surely you don't intend to just tease us with a description of your varied family and then not post pics! :eek: That would be cruel beyond words! :D [SIZE="1"]We'd have to pout :sad: :p [/SIZE]

And I'd love to see a picture of your Aussie that just passed if you're up to it. I'm sure you have many happy memories of him to share. :grouphug: