Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Meet Patriot (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=82821)

Sylvie November 17th, 2012 03:54 PM

Meet Patriot

1 Attachment(s)
This is our new foster. What do you think he is?

He is 10 months old, and is about 30 lbs.

We have never fostered a dog this small, so it should be fun.

He came from a high kill shelter in the U.S. He had been adopted and returned because he got too big :eek: He has been in foster for a week and the lady said that he was too active and nasty with other dogs :frustrated:

He is an active little guy, but not nasty at all.

For those of you who do not know, Keesha is the GSD

Dog Dancer November 17th, 2012 04:01 PM

Sylvie, Patriot is so cute! Don't you love folks who guy a terrier and don't know they're active or how big they'll get. I know you guys will do great with him. Keesha looks finne about it.

Dee-O-Gee November 17th, 2012 04:02 PM

What is his name Sylvie?

He sure is a handsome looking fella and his fur looks beautiful. I'm not one for identifying breeds but his floppy ears are too adorable. :lovestruck:

Sylvie November 17th, 2012 04:03 PM

Yeah, Keesha is doing much better than we anticipated. Can't wait for Sophie to meet him.

Dee-O-Gee November 17th, 2012 04:04 PM

[QUOTE=Dee-O-Gee;1049500]What is his name Sylvie?

He sure is a handsome looking fella and his fur looks beautiful. I'm not one for identifying breeds but his floppy ears are too adorable. :lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

I'm such a loser!!! :loser:

Just saw that is name is Patriot. :headslap:

Sylvie November 17th, 2012 04:05 PM

His name is Patriot, but we have been calling him Buddy, the name Patriot just doesn't roll off the tongue.

He is the colour of our Briar (Golden) Don't have a clue what he is,I think a mixture of a few breeds.

angeldogs November 17th, 2012 04:50 PM

He is a good looking boy.

Barkingdog November 17th, 2012 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=Dee-O-Gee;1049500]What is his name Sylvie?

He sure is a handsome looking fella and his fur looks beautiful. I'm not one for identifying breeds but his floppy ears are too adorable. :lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

His tail look very fluffy , I wonder if he has any husky in him. He is very cute.

Sylvie November 17th, 2012 05:15 PM

His tail is very fluffy. The tail and the feathering on his back legs reminds me of a Golden, his ears remind me of collie, as I said I think we have quite a mixed bag going on in there.:lovestruck: But he is so smalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

angeldogs November 17th, 2012 05:25 PM

he doesnt look that small in size height wise.

Sylvie November 17th, 2012 08:35 PM

Angeldogs he is so small to me because I am used to 80 lb GSD's but he only weighs 30 lbs. and his head is small. Cyrus's head is at least 3 times bigger :laughing:

hazelrunpack November 17th, 2012 08:39 PM

He's a cutie for sure!! :lovestruck:

Sylvie November 18th, 2012 05:34 PM

He really is a cutie. We are falling for him already.

Winston got to meet him today and I think she liked him. I don't think we will have him long, as someone will snap him up. :D

angeldogs November 18th, 2012 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=Sylvie;1049534]Angeldogs he is so small to me because I am used to 80 lb GSD's but he only weighs 30 lbs. and his head is small. Cyrus's head is at least 3 times bigger :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Having Ginger to Jag im used to it.Has he looks about the same height as ginger but more slender. she is about 50 lbs needs to lose some weight

Winston November 18th, 2012 08:05 PM

Yes I met sweet patriot today! Wow he is such a super good boy! I still cant tell what he really is. I can see how they say Collie but he certainly is a mix.

He was so well behaved. As Sylvie said he will go fast, because he is so good. He loved Sophie and she seemed smitten with him as well. Its a toss up though wether she is attracted to Cyrus more than Patriot! :thumbs up

Anyone looking for a pup would find a good pup in this one!!

I hope he is around long enough for him and Sophie to have a play date!

hazelrunpack November 18th, 2012 11:49 PM

Well, you guys will have to arrange that play date quickly, then! :thumbs up (And don't forget to charge the cameras! :D )

marko November 19th, 2012 10:06 AM

Just wanted to say Congrats!
What a cutie :highfive: