Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed characteristics and traits (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   herblady - trouble mating yorkies (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=31828)

herblady October 17th, 2006 06:10 PM

sorry I'm ignorant

newbee I am and not the brightest bulb in the pack sometimes. Sorry

mafiaprincess October 17th, 2006 06:19 PM

We are a pro spay and neuter board as was in your welcome email and intro to the rules of the board..

Unless the dogs are being titled, and have had all breed specific health test done, no one here will want to give you tips on mating dogs. They are enough back yard breeders doing it badly for us to want to encourage any more.

Rottielover October 17th, 2006 06:20 PM

yes do not breed. I am being nice about it, but let me tell you this forum is very anti breeding, so this kind of question is going to stir up some very true emotion.
As I said, I was being polite:frustrated:

wdawson October 17th, 2006 06:25 PM

you may want to edit your post(delete) to put it nice.......this thread will only be closed . you will not find any answers about breeding here....trust me

LavenderRott October 17th, 2006 06:29 PM

That male yorkie sounds like one smart pup.

Frenchy October 17th, 2006 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=LavenderRott]That male yorkie sounds like one smart pup.[/QUOTE]
:D :thumbs up

Sariss October 17th, 2006 06:49 PM

Maybe it's a sign.

Prin October 17th, 2006 06:57 PM

Definitely.

the gang October 17th, 2006 07:05 PM

get that little one fixed, too many little and big ones in rescue do your pup a big favour.:frustrated:

rainbow October 17th, 2006 07:08 PM

Hmmm....you did say in your intro that you had no idea what you are doing here.

erykah1310 October 17th, 2006 07:17 PM

I hope your friend changes her mind about breeding her yorkie!
There will be no advice given here as said before, but I hope maybe you can hang around and get some good arguments as to why she shouldnt breed!:fingerscr and show her the real world, where there are thousands upon thousands of homeless pets in your local area alone!

meb999 October 17th, 2006 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=herblady]My friend is having problems getting her yorkie interested in mating with another yorkie he is not interested he's 2 years old anyone have [B]any sugestions[/B][/QUOTE]

neuter him...that's MY suggestion :D

meb999 October 17th, 2006 07:40 PM

there are curently 494 homeless yorkies on petfinder :sad: ....

coppperbelle October 17th, 2006 08:08 PM

trouble mating

I vote for neutering. Your "friends" Yorkie is telling you something.

SnowDancer October 18th, 2006 11:16 AM

I definitely agree - do not breed - have dog neutered. But I have to also agree that this is one smart pup. Or - as in the case with my male Eskie, he had great times with his boyfriends - showing little interest in the ladies - until a female Australian Terrier jumped into our car and had her way with him. Took him a while to catch on. Very happy he had been neutered - she wasn't.

~michelle~ October 18th, 2006 11:25 AM

please have the dog fixed. pets are for pleasure not profit

Frenchy October 18th, 2006 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=SnowDancer] until a female Australian Terrier jumped into our car and had her way with him. [/QUOTE]
So your boy was violated :eek:

SnowDancer October 18th, 2006 04:30 PM

Frenchy - yep, my guy was violated! She jumped in and out of the car 5 times - time #4 was when he realized what to do!