Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   help me (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41076)

darwag June 1st, 2007 07:45 AM

help me

I would like to know how to deal with a vocal dog - breed german spitz 21 lbs nearly 3 yrs old I've been bitten 3 times now this last one the worst ever , now please be kind with your comments he's all I know . however he listens to basic commands but has something to say about every command there is , he's loving on his terms not yours and only one hand on the body if too many theres snarling teeth showing and what ever may come next , my other 2 dogs well lets just say PASSIVE and their 70 and 80 lbs each , also I should state my first small dog and last it has been ruined sorry ,

Hunter's_owner June 1st, 2007 07:49 AM

Have you mentioned this to a vet?

mona_b June 1st, 2007 08:50 AM

Please call your your vet.

This "could" be some side effect of the Meds.

breeze June 1st, 2007 10:45 AM

darwag, IMO any kind of noticable changes in a pet who is on medications should be told to the vet, she would be the best person to advise you on what to do or what might be wrong. Please call your vet and see what she or he has to say.

Hunter's_owner June 1st, 2007 12:11 PM

Ok when I first replied, it was because he was drinking more and peeing and now the topic changed completely:confused:

and this one...I can hardly pick out what you are stating...is there a question or concern???
Has your dog been in obedience???

hazelrunpack June 1st, 2007 12:20 PM

You might want to repost this second problem in the training forum. You'll be likely to get more responses.

Aggression can be a real problem and you'll likely need the help of a behaviorist to work through this. But post your question on the training forum and see what some of the members think. There are some pretty knowledgeable people here... :thumbs up

darwag June 1st, 2007 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=Hunter's_owner;434049]Ok when I first replied, it was because he was drinking more and peeing and now the topic changed completely:confused:

and this one...I can hardly pick out what you are stating...is there a question or concern???
Has your dog been in obedience???[/QUOTE]

hunter it is a new topic I have 3 dogs were on to another problem

Hunter's_owner June 1st, 2007 12:27 PM

Ok, well the best thing is to start a brand new thread as Hazel has mentioned. Otherwise, people will come in and the replies have nothing to so with your statement;)

LavenderRott June 1st, 2007 12:29 PM

It would help if you would start a seperate thread for each issue. That way, you can get more help with your problem/issue and other people who might be looking for help with a similar issue can see what advice you were given.

If you look back at this thread now, the first couple of posts don't make any sense compared to your problem.

Also - I am not understanding. Is your dog BARKING or BITING? These are two very different issues with very different methods of correction.

darwag June 2nd, 2007 02:07 PM

thanks you guys sorry for the confusing threads, however I feel that not even the best of the best can't help my little boy. I'll search it out