Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   New kitten COHO (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84664)

Scuba October 11th, 2013 06:57 PM

New kitten COHO

2 Attachment(s)
I got a new kitten, his name is [B]Coho[/B]. Only 3 months old right now, so he is your typical crazy hyper baby cat.

My [B]Angel[/B] is still not sure what to make of him.

[ATTACH]79927[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]79928[/ATTACH]

I currently have them in separate parts of my apartment. Coho is trying to kill the floor towel in my bathroom.

Barkingdog October 11th, 2013 07:07 PM

I would love to see your kitten face.

Scuba October 11th, 2013 11:53 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1062062]I would love to see your kitten face.[/QUOTE]

He is just so wiggly though, typical little boy, does not want to sit still for even one second. Him and his brothers are polydactyls. Coho has SIX toes on each back paw!

ownedbycats October 12th, 2013 07:33 AM

He sounds like he's nice and healthy and willing to destroy your house to satisfy his curiosity, so entirely normal.
Can you wait until he is sleeping and get a face shot then?

hazelrunpack October 12th, 2013 09:53 AM

coho is adorable! congrats!

Scuba October 13th, 2013 12:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=ownedbycats;1062069]He sounds like he's nice and healthy and willing to destroy your house to satisfy his curiosity, so entirely normal.
Can you wait until he is [B]sleeping [/B]and get a face shot then?[/QUOTE]

Kittens actually sleep?

[ATTACH]79932[/ATTACH]
The best picture of his face so far, he was at the vet getting his post adoption checkup. All the girls at the clinic loved him, their exact words were "You almost did not get him back". Even when he is super relaxed, he still moves around quite a bit. I think at his age, if I wanted nice clear pictures, I would have to borrow a friend's DSLR camera for the shutter to be fast enough.

marko October 13th, 2013 07:47 AM

ahhh Coho is a cutie!!! :highfive:

congrats!

Barkingdog October 13th, 2013 11:27 AM

[QUOTE=marko;1062088]ahhh Coho is a cutie!!! :highfive:

congrats![/QUOTE]

I will second that , coho is very cute.

Scuba October 13th, 2013 12:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Finally this morning, the little guy was not crazy hyper and held still long enough for me to take two pictures.

[ATTACH]79935[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]79936[/ATTACH]

Don't be fooled, right after these two pictures, he was back to his kitten antics.

Winston October 13th, 2013 07:47 PM

Hey Scuba! Nice to see you back around! I am so pleased to see that not only you have Angel but little COHO too! woo hoo! How are things with you? Are you still making those collars? How is the kitty where your Grandma lives? I cant recall his name but I think he was a beautiful ginger colour?

Are you still walking dogs? Would love to hear about how that's going? :thumbs up

Oh and by the way they are both gorgeous additions!!
Cindy

growler~GateKeeper October 15th, 2013 01:31 AM

Oh goodness, kitteh cuteness!! :cat:

Scuba December 1st, 2013 04:54 PM

[QUOTE=Winston;1062098]Hey Scuba! Nice to see you back around! I am so pleased to see that not only you have Angel but little COHO too! woo hoo! How are things with you? Are you still making those collars? How is the kitty where your Grandma lives? I cant recall his name but I think he was a beautiful ginger colour?

Are you still walking dogs? Would love to hear about how that's going? :thumbs up

Oh and by the way they are both gorgeous additions!!
Cindy[/QUOTE]

Hi Winston,

I am doing okay, Gerry was the big ginger cat's name at the senior home. I don't actually know how he is now, since I have not been to the home in a long time now. My grandma passed away 2 years ago and before that, we had her transferred to a senior home that was closer to where my parents were living.

Still walking dogs and volunteering at my local SPCA. I never made collars, but leashes. Haven't had a chance to make more lately, but I like my latest design, version 4.1?

Scuba December 1st, 2013 04:56 PM

My fur babies cuddling and being generally lazy.

2 Attachment(s)
Coho has really settled in and it is really cute watching Angel mother him. He is such a typical boy kitten. Supper messy when he eats, Angel will hold him down to groom him afterwards.

hazelrunpack December 1st, 2013 06:52 PM

So Angel has approved of the adoption? :D :thumbs up So cute, Scuba!

marko December 2nd, 2013 09:58 AM

way cute scuba. Thx for the update!

Dog Dancer December 2nd, 2013 12:45 PM

Scuba, sorry I missed the earlier posts about COHO, but when I saw the heading and the name of the kitty I knew he was yours.

So glad to see that Angel has taken to Coho. Cats are so much fun, and both of yours are adorable. :lovestruck:

Scuba December 3rd, 2013 08:52 AM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1063301]Scuba, sorry I missed the earlier posts about COHO, but when I saw the heading and the name of the kitty I knew he was yours.

So glad to see that Angel has taken to Coho. Cats are so much fun, and both of yours are adorable. :lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

I did not actually name him that, he already had that name at the shelter when I first met him. His brother was Sockeye.

For the first week, Angel definitely was not happy, she wasn't "daddy's girl" anymore. A lot of hissing at first. But I could understand, Coho is just has so much kitten energy.

Scuba December 3rd, 2013 08:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Someone needed a time out, when grandma was doing dishes and dad was doing laundry.

[ATTACH]80092[/ATTACH]

Dog Dancer December 3rd, 2013 11:30 AM

Well Scuba if it's any consolation we went through the same thing with our older dog Halo when we brought home the two puppies. At first she was thrilled, then annoyed and now she tolerates them - just. They outweigh her of course, and they are outside dogs now that they are grown, so that works out just fine as far as Halo is concerned!

Time out in the kitty box, how funny.

Scuba December 4th, 2013 11:59 AM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1063318]Well Scuba if it's any consolation we went through the same thing with our older dog Halo when we brought home the two puppies. At first she was thrilled, then annoyed and now she tolerates them - just. They outweigh her of course, and they are outside dogs now that they are grown, so that works out just fine as far as Halo is concerned!

Time out in the kitty box, how funny.[/QUOTE]

Actually it has been quite a smooth transition for Coho to become a part of the family. The first week for Angel was hissing, second week was the occasional hiss with some shadow boxing if the kitten got up in Angel's face. By week three she was pretty tolerant of the kitten when he wasn't trying to use her tail as a toy. Fourth week in, they were playing.

He has been her for 7 weeks now and they are cuddling buddies when Coho is not having his zoomies.

So it was more a case of: annoyed> tolerant> acceptance?

Scuba December 5th, 2013 02:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hanging out together this morning.
[ATTACH]80106[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack December 5th, 2013 11:38 AM

That is so incredibly sweet, Scuba! :lovestruck:

ownedbycats December 6th, 2013 11:19 AM

That's adorable. I wish my white cat was as Angelic as yours.:angel:

Scuba December 16th, 2013 05:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think I have mentioned before that Angel will groom Coho when he gets too messy from eating. Well, my babies woke me up at 5:30am for breakfast and here are some pictures off them back in bed with me for a lay in.

Angel cleaning Coho off before she would let them settle down. Between them you can see one of Coho's favourite toys. A little stuffed monkey. He likes to play fetch with me using it, often at 4:00am in the morning.
[ATTACH]80136[/ATTACH]

Here they are sleeping in with their dad. What I can't figure out is, how come their combined weight, which is only 1/8th of mine needs 3/4 of the bed?
[ATTACH]80137[/ATTACH]

ownedbycats December 18th, 2013 12:11 PM

That is adorable:cloud9:
as for the need for lots of bed space, I have come to the conclusion cats inflate when they sleep and deflate when they start moving around.

marko December 18th, 2013 01:04 PM

that last shot u posted is supah-cute Scuba!

Barkingdog December 18th, 2013 09:30 PM

[QUOTE=Scuba;1063586]I think I have mentioned before that Angel will groom Coho when he gets too messy from eating. Well, my babies woke me up at 5:30am for breakfast and here are some pictures off them back in bed with me for a lay in.

Angel cleaning Coho off before she would let them settle down. Between them you can see one of Coho's favourite toys. A little stuffed monkey. He likes to play fetch with me using it, often at 4:00am in the morning.
[ATTACH]80136[/ATTACH]

Here they are sleeping in with their dad. What I can't figure out is, how come their combined weight, which is only 1/8th of mine needs 3/4 of the bed?
[ATTACH]80137[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

That is too cute. I keep asking myself the same question how can small take most of a queen size bed.

Scuba January 10th, 2014 05:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My friends tell me that Coho is a much bigger boy now, but since I see him everyday, I haven't really noticed it myself.

He is such a strange little boy, lately he likes to sit in the kitchen sink. Even if it is wet. He little butt and paws all get soaked and he doesn't seem to mind at all.:shrug: Then he tracks little wet paw prints all over the hardwood floor. It makes my mom crazy when he does that.

Still a super messy eater and Angel will groom him after every meal.

He likes to cuddle on my lap but he is such a squirmy little boy that half the time he is about to fall off and I am constantly trying to catch him and push him back on to my lap.
[ATTACH]80235[/ATTACH]

Finally settled down and not trying to help me type on my keyboard.
[ATTACH]80236[/ATTACH]

Barkingdog January 10th, 2014 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1063630]That is too cute. I keep asking myself the same question how can a small dog take most of a queen size bed.[/QUOTE]

I corrected my sentence , and had to write more.

Winston January 10th, 2014 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Coho looks like my moms boy Brady! What a cutie....maybe he would like something like this Scuba?