Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mulder aims to poop right in the hole but... Reverse direction! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84467)

Koteburo August 22nd, 2013 03:44 PM

Mulder aims to poop right in the hole but... Reverse direction!

One of my cats Mulder (female gray tabby) loves to bury her pee and poo very well and she's an amazing and sweet cat BUT when she uses the litterbox...
In her reverse universe instead of putting her butt inside the litterbox she sticks it out the door so sometimes the poop falls right outside.
We have 2 litterboxes in functions at home and one's bigger but she likes to use precisely the one that's a bit smaller the most.
It's one of those Omega Paw litterboxes which I find very usefull for the daily cleaning aka scooping since you just roll it around and get all the clumps in a little drawer.
The other cats have no problem. They stick their heads out and their butts inside :D
Oh my baby bonkers.
Any ideas on this?

pattymac August 22nd, 2013 06:03 PM

I've never had luck with covered boxes. Nino sometimes insists on using the smallest litter box and sometimes his butt hangs over and he poops outside the box. Maybe turn the box around?

Barkingdog August 22nd, 2013 07:06 PM

Buy some bed pads you use for kids that wet their beds and put it next the box.

Koteburo August 23rd, 2013 09:14 AM

@pattymac That's just like Mulder, she loves the smaller litterbox plus let's be hones she's a fatty, an adorable one but quite a fatty heh so that doesn't help either with her fitting in the box

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1060982]Buy some bed pads you use for kids that wet their beds and put it next the box.[/QUOTE]
That's actually a good idea. If she's going to have her butt hanging out of the box at least I can have those pads.
In the dollar store I've also seen pads for puppies and they're very affordable.
:thumbs up

Barkingdog August 23rd, 2013 12:28 PM

You may be able to cut the pads in half too and that would save you more money . I am not sure how big the one are for pets but I know the pads for kids are rather big. I know this not funny but I had to LOL when you he has her butt hanging out the box. Poor sweet kitty .

Koteburo August 23rd, 2013 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1060997]You may be able to cut the pads in half too and that would save you more money . I am not sure how big the one are for pets but I know the pads for kids are rather big. I know this not funny but I had to LOL when you he has her butt hanging out the box. Poor sweet kitty .[/QUOTE]

It is funny :D :laughing: not the cleaning part but still LOL

growler~GateKeeper August 23rd, 2013 10:17 PM

You could try placing a regular uncovered box right in front of that one so she has to walk through it to go inside the covered that way she's popping out into the uncovered one

Barkingdog August 24th, 2013 10:15 AM

[QUOTE=growler~GateKeeper;1061018]You could try placing a regular uncovered box right in front of that one so she has to walk through it to go inside the covered that way she's popping out into the uncovered one[/QUOTE]

That would work as long as she does not poop right between the two boxes , that would messy to clean up.

Koteburo August 26th, 2013 11:48 AM

Yes it would work and it's a good idea but not on the current location of the litterbox because is in the washroom and putting another litterbox in front of it would mean we have to go over it every time we walk by :D