Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   November 2010 photo challenge - Pet baby pics OR 1st day home (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73405)

marko November 1st, 2010 09:31 AM

November 2010 photo challenge - Pet baby pics OR 1st day home

Hi members,

can't believe it's November already....but it is.

Anyone have any suggestions for this month?

Given that last month was an AMAZING theme, but a little bit sad, I have a suggestion to make us smile (hopefully..some of us including myself are rather mushy lately)... [B]pet baby pictures[/B]. So if your pets are babies (let's say under 6 months) just shoot and post. If your pets are older...just post some of their baby shots.

anyway that's just 1 suggestion, so feel free to support that suggestion OR freely suggest anything else, no problem at all.

I'll check back later today or early tomorrow and the theme with the most support becomes this month's theme.

Thx everyone!
Marko

I love that idea, baby pics........:thumbs up

love the idea!

me too,but i don't have many,also a lot of our members adopted or fostered older dogs/cats...but it is a cute idea:thumbs up

maybe those without babies...we could do a before and after!

Since so many of you have adopted older shelter pets, how bout "First Day Home"

ooohh i love the first day home theme! :thumbs up that way both baby pets as well as those that were adopted as adults can be included :) of course i have kitties that came home as adults so i may be a bit biased... :rolleyes:

I'm game. I may have a few pics around. :rolleyes:

I think it's a great idea. :thumbs up I couldn't even go into last month's thread as I still get sad over the loss of my last two 6 yr ago so knew it would be too hard for me to post. :o

I agree with adjusting for those that adopted older dogs/cats :angel: .....so maybe just call the Nov challenge "From Then Until Now." :cloud9:

ADDED BY ADMIN -Ok members - since the posting started, let's just combine the two themes to allow for a wide variety of pics. Thx - Marko

chico2 November 1st, 2010 03:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
ok,i'll start...here is little baby-rocky,so adorable,his mom was a farmcat..

chico2 November 1st, 2010 03:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
chico,whom i got from a petstore,my excuse,i was ignorant and nody wanted this little black kitten.

chico2 November 1st, 2010 03:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
lastely,vinnie who was found at a construction site on winston churchill blvd

marko November 1st, 2010 04:08 PM

Nice way to start it off Chico2!

Marty11 November 1st, 2010 04:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rookie's first day home.

dawnybabe November 1st, 2010 04:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rex's First Day home in his daddy's hands also his first walk down our Alley...they grow soo fast... :pawprint:

Sorry about the Big Pictures....

dawnybabe November 1st, 2010 04:56 PM

Re:

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures of my other Dog, Gizzmo...

okay, I added 1 that has Gizzmo older and Rex as a Baby but thought you'd all enjoy!! :thumbs up

dashn'us November 1st, 2010 09:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of Dash. We got him at 8weeks, and weighed 7lbs. He is now 5.5 months old.

Love4himies November 2nd, 2010 09:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My :rip: Snowball as a kitten.
[ATTACH]70067[/ATTACH]

My Puddles, also known as "Sweet Girl"
[ATTACH]70068[/ATTACH]

My other kitties were adopted as adults.

I'll try to get first day pics of those.

chico2 November 2nd, 2010 09:12 AM

aww,all those puppy-bellies:lovestruck:

chris,iggy is such a beautiful pup,i can understand the foster-failure:dog:

Chris21711 November 2nd, 2010 09:21 AM

[QUOTE=chico2;963762]aww,all those puppy-bellies:lovestruck:

chris,iggy is such a beautiful pup,i can understand the foster-failure:dog:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Chico, he is now living back home :thumbs up....

I wish I had more photos of all the guys that don't have to be put through the scanner....I could never get that darn thing to co-operate with me :frustrated:

Great pics everyone :cloud9:

luckypenny November 2nd, 2010 09:33 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ohhhhh, I [I]love[/I] this thread :goodvibes: :cloud9:.

I lost the majority of my old photos when my computer crashed the first time :(.

A little improvisation...Lucky pretending to be my baby :D.
[ATTACH]70069[/ATTACH]

Penny's first day home Christmas Eve, 2006 (the only photo I have).
[ATTACH]70070[/ATTACH]

And baby Nukka :lovestruck:. Man, did that angelic face have us fooled :laughing:.
[ATTACH]70071[/ATTACH]

Kalou November 2nd, 2010 02:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My baby Roo and baby Kalou!

doggy lover November 2nd, 2010 04:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My last dog Travis as a baby and then Tucker at one month and the second at two months

doggy lover November 2nd, 2010 05:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Marty we just got at this size as we adopted him, Tiamo as a baby about a couple of months old, Cali I don't seem to have a baby pic on my computer but at 6lbs she has never grown up

vel November 8th, 2010 11:57 PM

Moving on In -newest additions

2 Attachment(s)
2 weeks ago adopted two boys:goodvibes: Two brothers :dog::dog: for Boo :dog:who has accepted both boys into her domain with much grace. This is my girl, Boo (6 yr old Leo female), Zoran (3 yr old Leo male) and Pudgy (11 month old Leo male). We think they are pretty special. The training has begun.:eek:

Rgeurts November 13th, 2010 02:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of nookie monster. The first 2 are within the first week we got him. He was such a sweet baby!! I'll have to find and scan Thorins :)

Rgeurts November 13th, 2010 02:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
These are anywhere from the second week to about 4 months old.

chico2 November 13th, 2010 11:30 AM

Vel,your Leos are gorgeous:lovestruck:although I could not imagine having 3 of them in my bed:laughing:

Robin,what a little beautiful pup Nanook was and still is,you would never think he would get so sick,but hopefully now on the way to recovery:pray:

vel November 13th, 2010 11:18 PM

Forever Home

1 Attachment(s)
Favourite Song.....Drooling banjo's.............newly adopted rescues Czar (3 yrs), Pudgy (11 mths) with new sister "Boo" (6 yrs).....

vel November 13th, 2010 11:28 PM

Forgot I already posted pictures:loser:Zor is now Czar. Maybe house-training is getting to me :shrug: Urine and diarehea smells :yell:

happycats November 14th, 2010 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Buddy's car ride to his forever (all the way from Quebec to Onatrio).

exkalibur November 14th, 2010 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
He was such a cutie back then....

[ATTACH]70378[/ATTACH]

6 months later....baby monster !!!

[ATTACH]70379[/ATTACH]

Rgeurts November 14th, 2010 06:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok... here's a few baby pics of Thorin. Thorins was Shaun's first pet :)
These were taken over 10 yrs ago :o
He's still as handsome as ever!! :lovestruck::cloud9:

He was such a funny boy with huge ears that looked like he could fly away lol
He finally grew into them!

Rgeurts November 14th, 2010 06:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And 1 more!

mastifflover November 14th, 2010 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Clark the the first day in his new home.[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Image016-1.jpg[/IMG]

mastifflover November 14th, 2010 07:41 PM

Boo the first day I rescued him from the rescue and Buddy the first day he came to live with me :rip: my sweet:angel2:'s
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/boolying.bmp[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v348/mastifflover/Image013.jpg[/IMG]Boo did not look like that for long he ended up tipping the scales at 190 pounds. But they truly are being Mastiffs lying around being cute

Dee-O-Gee November 14th, 2010 09:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Gryphon with our sweet Bailey Girl :angel2:

[ATTACH]70394[/ATTACH]

Mollie with Gryphon :cloud9:

[ATTACH]70395[/ATTACH]

Mollie during one of her quite moments (perhaps; her only quite moment. :D)

[ATTACH]70397[/ATTACH]

shannon1233A November 18th, 2010 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is Kenzie, when we got her at 8 weeks of age. She was pretending to be angelic in this look, when that look was really "Okay, so what can I get into, and I've sized you guys up, little do you know who's going to be boss lol![ATTACH]70420[/ATTACH]