Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Thank you - Heros big and small (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   This ones for you Love4Himmies (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58529)

BenMax November 24th, 2008 09:42 AM

This ones for you Love4Himmies

We all have our definitions of heros or those we wish to honour. Today I wish to thank L4H and her DH for stepping up and helping many concerned people get the pittie to safety.

Without question or concern L4H eagerly took to the request. She was so easy to work with and never flinched. I was told by my contact that I MUST meet her as she is a wonderful human being...yes even in person!:).

I thank you from the bottom of my heart in helping to get this deserving girl to safety. Because of you L4H - the transport was fulfilled and this girl will no longer have the shadow of death lingering over her head.

Equally there were other people that stepped up within rescue and they as well are to be thanked and honored.

Bless you all....and a special thank you to a new friend.

Chris21711 November 24th, 2008 10:04 AM

Kudos to you and your Hubby L4H for stepping up :thumbs up

Many thanks to all of you that are involved in Rescue and Fostering :cat::dog:

Love4himies November 24th, 2008 10:26 AM

Oh thank you so much BenMax :cry: You have me crying at my desk, lol.

I am still thinking about this girl, she touched my heart and a piece of it will always belong to her. If I had her any longer, I think it would be very difficult to give her up :o.

I only had a tiny piece of this rescue, much more was done by the rescue in Ontario, you BenMax, and the Montreal SPCA.

I will gladly help with transport whenever I can, just let me know.

BTW, when I told my mother I was transporting a pittie, she was horrified, sent her the pics yestereday so I am waiting to hear her reaction ;)

14+kitties November 24th, 2008 10:28 AM

:thumbs up Good job!!

bendyfoot November 24th, 2008 10:34 AM

:thankyou:Well done! I've always thought BSL were, well, BS, and I applaud anyone willing to look past it and help out a pittie in need. Now I'm even more sensitive to their plight...DW lives in fear of a certain pack member being taken from us...:thankyou:

BenMax November 24th, 2008 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=bendyfoot;699580]:thankyou:Well done! I've always thought BSL were, well, BS, and I applaud anyone willing to look past it and help out a pittie in need. Now I'm even more sensitive to their plight...DW lives in fear of a certain pack member being taken from us...:thankyou:[/QUOTE]

Indeed Bendyfoot!

Mat&Murph November 24th, 2008 12:47 PM

:thankyou:L4H for the wonderful thing you do and Too all you Friends of the lost souls that are out there. You guys never get honoured enough :thankyou: :flirt:

Love4himies November 24th, 2008 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=bendyfoot;699580] I've always thought BSL were, well, BS, and I applaud anyone willing to look past it and help out a pittie in need. [/QUOTE]

It is a form of racism and all racism makes me :mad:

BenMax November 24th, 2008 12:58 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;699723]It is a form of racism and all racism makes me :mad:[/QUOTE]

Very true. Can you even imagine that she would have been destroyed? That dog is all love and kisses....this is why so much effort went into saving her..she deserved LIFE.

Love4himies November 24th, 2008 01:02 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;699727]Very true. Can you even imagine that she would have been destroyed? That dog is all love and kisses....this is why so much effort went into saving her..she deserved LIFE.[/QUOTE]

Yup, she is good at giving doggie spittle facials :laughing:

BenMax November 24th, 2008 01:07 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;699733]Yup, she is good at giving doggie spittle facials :laughing:[/QUOTE]

To all those day spas...look out as 'Pittie Spittie SPAWS' to be opened soon!:laughing:

Love4himies November 24th, 2008 02:11 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;699735]To all those day spas...look out as 'Pittie Spittie SPAWS' to be opened soon!:laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing: That is too funny.

BenMax November 24th, 2008 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;699782]:laughing::laughing: That is too funny.[/QUOTE]

And you were the first one to get a complimentary VIP treatment!

Frenchy November 24th, 2008 08:26 PM

Again thank you L4H !!! :thankyou: you say you only play one small part .... there is no small part in rescues , whatever you do to help , it helps ! And it's greatly appreciated :thumbs up :2huggers:

Love4himies November 24th, 2008 08:27 PM

Thanks Frenchy :grouphug:

sugarcatmom November 24th, 2008 09:14 PM

Yay for L4H!!!!! You rock. [url=http://www.freesmileys.org][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/hug007.gif[/img][/url]

chico2 December 11th, 2008 05:06 PM

L4H,I am a little late,but you know,I am one of your many admirers,you are just simply a wonderful human being and I thank you for that:thankyou:

Love4himies December 11th, 2008 05:08 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;711407]L4H,I am a little late,but you know,I am one of your many admirers,you are just simply a wonderful human being and I thank you for that:thankyou:[/QUOTE]

Thank Chico, you are one of my heros too, you have such a wonderful kind heart. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack December 11th, 2008 06:26 PM

wow, somehow, hazel missed this one, too! :o

You did a fantastic job pitching in as you did, L4H. Never downplay your part in the transport--every link is needed to make the chain whole...and thanks to you and your DH, the chain was complete and this very deserving girl got her chance at Life. :highfive:

Good job all around! :thumbs up You, too, BenMax! And everyone else in the chain!

Love4himies December 11th, 2008 06:44 PM

It was an excellent way to introduce DH to sweet dogs, cause in the back of my head I have a plan for sometime in the future, that has be handled very delicately :mwaha::whistle:. He really, really liked Tigger :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack December 11th, 2008 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;711475]It was an excellent way to introduce DH to sweet dogs, cause in the back of my head I have a plan for sometime in the future, that has be handled very delicately :mwaha::whistle:. He really, really liked Tigger :lovestruck:.[/QUOTE]

:laughing: Well, just cuz you have an ulterior motive does not make what you did any less important! [SIZE="1"]But I love your ulterior motive! :thumbs up[/SIZE]

Love4himies December 11th, 2008 07:06 PM

Actually, being with her made [B]me[/B] realize I would really love to have a dog. It just worked out that DH was smittened by her too. I did the transport cause help saving her was more important than anything I could even think of doing that day. I can't believe how quickly I fell for her :shrug:. I have been around many dogs before, there was just something about her that was special. I hope her new owners see that in her.:pray: