Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cool memories on a hot day (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77999)

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 08:46 AM

Cool memories on a hot day

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][I][B][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]It's hot.
Our A/C unit died the day before yesterday.
The Pack is hot and dreaming of cold winter mornings and frosty breath...

"Remember that blizzard last December, Lil Belle?"

"Ah...those were the days, Ember. Although as I recall, we weren't very appreciative at the time..."[/COLOR]

The morning after the Storm, the Pack ventured forth into a snowy wonderland.

[ATTACH]75126[/ATTACH]

"Holy catz! Would you look at all this snow!!!"
[ATTACH]75127[/ATTACH]

"Let me see! Hmmmm...yep, that's a lot of snow alright!" :eek:[/B][/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[ATTACH]75128[/ATTACH][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 08:49 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"]"If I shut my eyes and wish really hard, maybe it will all go away!"
[ATTACH]75129[/ATTACH]

"T'ain't workin', Princess~Queen Cass--it's still all snowy here!"
[ATTACH]75130[/ATTACH]

"Mom, you better get to work. It's gonna take you a long time to shovel out paths for us!"
[ATTACH]75131[/ATTACH][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/I][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 08:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Paths?! Who needs shovelled paths?!? We can make our own!"

[ATTACH]75132[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75133[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]75134[/ATTACH][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 08:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][I][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Um...no, that's okay, Brier. You can make paths. My paws are too cold!!"
[ATTACH]75135[/ATTACH]

"Maybe if I bark at it, it will all go away!"
[ATTACH]75136[/ATTACH]

"T'ain't workin', Princess~Queen Cass. It's still all snowy here..."
[ATTACH]75137[/ATTACH][/COLOR][/B][/I][/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT]

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 08:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][I][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]
"Um, Mom? How long do we have to stay out here?"
[ATTACH]75138[/ATTACH]

"Can we go in now!?"
[ATTACH]75139[/ATTACH]

"Holy catz! Would you look at all this snow!!! I'm going in!!! NOW!!!!!"
[ATTACH]75140[/ATTACH]
[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 09:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][I][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I'm with Lil Belle! Here I come, Mom!"
[ATTACH]75144[/ATTACH]

"Ooooofff!!"
[ATTACH]75145[/ATTACH]

"Arrrgghhh!"
[ATTACH]75146[/ATTACH]
[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 09:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]"Dang this snow is deep!"
[ATTACH]75147[/ATTACH]

"Don't shut that door!"
[ATTACH]75148[/ATTACH]

"Ooof-dah! Wait for me, Mom! I'll be right there! *pant*"
[ATTACH]75149[/ATTACH][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
[CENTER][I][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][SIZE="4"]"Wait for me, too, Mom! It's takin' me longer cuz my legs are shorter!!"
[ATTACH]75150[/ATTACH]

"Holy catz!!! Would you look at that snow!!
Adventure over! Definitely time to go in!!"
[ATTACH]75151[/ATTACH]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Now, don't you feel cooler? I know I do![/COLOR] :cloud9:

:p[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

breeze July 21st, 2011 09:17 AM

*sigh*

snow :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9::lovestruck:

pbpatti July 21st, 2011 09:19 AM

BBBBRRRRRRRRRyyyyyy, What a great set of pictures to start my day with, gave me a big smile and as I looked out my window I said thank you for the winter but I still like a nice sunny day in the 20's in the summer. You Eastern folk have had some pretty hot, muggy weather lately and Hazel's pictures should cool you off just nicely.

Hazel I hope you get your A/C working again soon....for the pack's sake...:D patti

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 09:25 AM

Just heard from the insurance company. Since it died from pre-storm brown-out/power surge conditions, the AC will be upgraded and replaced, and the repairs made to the furnace mother board, all for the price of our $500 deductible!!! :highfive: [I][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Whoot whoot whooot!!!!! [/COLOR][/I]

mikischo July 21st, 2011 09:25 AM

Great story!:thumbs up Great pics of your gorgeous pack?:cloud9:

Almost made me long for a snowy winter day. Note the word "[B]almost[/B].":p

breeze July 21st, 2011 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1018666]Just heard from the insurance company. Since it died from pre-storm brown-out/power surge conditions, the AC will be upgraded and replaced, and the repairs made to the furnace mother board, all for the price of our $500 deductible!!! :highfive: [I][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Whoot whoot whooot!!!!! [/COLOR][/I][/QUOTE]

this is great news!!!!:highfive::highfive:
mean while just keep looking and thinking of the snow coming in a couple of months :cloud9:

what is a brown-out???

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 09:41 AM

[QUOTE=mikischo;1018667]Almost made me long for a snowy winter day. Note the word "[B]almost[/B].":p[/QUOTE]

:laughing: Yep, I noticed that! :D hazel, on the other hand, would welcome a blizzard in a heartbeat! As long as the hummers had a place to keep warm, anyway...they can move into our basement till the snow melts. :thumbs up

[QUOTE=breeze;1018668]what is a brown-out???[/QUOTE]

That's when demand for electricity is so high that there isn't enough to go around--usually you can see the lights dim and things don't run quite as quickly or as well. Unfortunately, it can cause compressors to overheat and burn out because the fans can't keep them cool enough. :frustrated: Add the power surges to that and you fry circuit boards, too... Double whammy. :o

breeze July 21st, 2011 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1018678] hazel, on the other hand, would welcome a blizzard in a heartbeat!

[COLOR="Red"]me too hazel[/COLOR]

That's when demand for electricity is so high that there isn't enough to go around--usually you can see the lights dim and things don't run quite as quickly or as well. Unfortunately, it can cause compressors to overheat and burn out because the fans can't keep them cool enough. :frustrated: Add the power surges to that and you fry circuit boards, too... Double whammy. :o[/QUOTE]

we get that, but I didn't know it was called that :o

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 11:14 AM

It's just one step this side of a black-out! :eek: Which I am very grateful we didn't have as well! :D

Rgeurts July 21st, 2011 03:50 PM

Hazel,

The pictures are [B]wonderful[/B]!!!
You have such a gorgeous pack, all of them! But Cass and Lil Belle just steal my heart :flirt: :lovestruck: :cloud9:
I do have to say that I'm not so fond of the snow :frustrated:
Yes, it [B][U]did[/U][/B] make me [COLOR="Blue"]COLD[/COLOR] :eek:
That's the last thing I want to even think about right now :laughing:
I long for our week in Vegas with 35-40 degree temps :D

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 04:37 PM

Don't need to go to Vegas...you could come here. :p Heck, we were nearly that warm [I]inside[/I] the house last night! :eek: :laughing:

Rgeurts July 21st, 2011 05:00 PM

Oh... and I'm glad they are replacing/fixing your air conditioning!! :thumbs up :D

Rgeurts July 21st, 2011 05:14 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1018740]Don't need to go to Vegas...you could come here. :p Heck, we were nearly that warm [I]inside[/I] the house last night! :eek: :laughing:[/QUOTE]

EEEEK!!:eek: :eek:
I don't want to be that warm inside, just outside! With a nice cool pool to jump into :D
BUT... even that kinda heat insde would [B]not[/B] make me wish for snow :laughing: :laughing:

dmc123 July 21st, 2011 05:33 PM

What great shots! I love the pics you post - especially those of the dogs. Funny, I think I have a bigger appreciation for setters now that I am sure Jessie has setter in her!

Keep posting these wonderful photos - and the snow photos were a nice touch for today - I am sitting in A/C now, but it is 98 out - heat index over 100 for sure.

Diane

Dee-O-Gee July 21st, 2011 07:08 PM

Oh the good ole days of winter! NOT! :frustrated:

While I truly enjoy the snowy pictures of the pack, I love the heat myself. :o

Great news on the A/C front and I'm sure it's nice to be back into a comfortable temperature zone in the house now. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack July 21st, 2011 07:13 PM

[QUOTE=Rgeurts;1018744]EEEEK!!:eek: :eek:
I don't want to be that warm inside, just outside! With a nice cool pool to jump into :D
BUT... even that kinda heat insde would [B]not[/B] make me wish for snow :laughing: :laughing:[/QUOTE]

The pool sounds inviting! But so does a nice big ol' freezy cold snow bank to jump into!! :p

[QUOTE=dmc123;1018745]What great shots! I love the pics you post - especially those of the dogs. Funny, I think I have a bigger appreciation for setters now that I am sure Jessie has setter in her!

Keep posting these wonderful photos - and the snow photos were a nice touch for today - I am sitting in A/C now, but it is 98 out - heat index over 100 for sure.

Diane[/QUOTE]

Jessie will ask for no less than the proper amount of appreciation for setterdom, and will probably demand much more than just the proper amount! That's just how they are! :D Always askin' fer more lovin's! :cloud9:

Glad you enjoyed the pics. But now we need more of Jessie and the rest of your gang :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper July 21st, 2011 11:34 PM

:laughing: Brier cracks me up :D
:lovestruck: Ember
:lovestruck: Lil Belle
:lovestruck: Macie

Another excellent Pack Story :highfive:

hazelrunpack July 22nd, 2011 07:58 AM

Thx, growler!

Lookin' at those pics of Brier and Ember I just realized that the Pack [I]does[/I] swim! Snow is water, right? :laughing: