Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Movies - T.V. - Videos (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Team America, World Police (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=19858)

Rick C September 27th, 2005 11:26 AM

Team America, World Police

I rented Team America, World Police and watched it last night and nearly died laughing . . . . . but don't watch it if you can't stand a lot of cussing, the sight of puppets having kinky sex (not just regular sex), or if you're polarized in your political views.

The movie mocks both the radical right and the radical left so its equally insulting to both war mongers and peaceniks.

The real life Sean Penn was so incensed with his portrayal in this film (a member of the Film Actors Guild or F.A.G) that he went after the creators of Team America with this memorable memo:

[url]http://www.drudgereport.com/penn.htm[/url]

Anyway, its a hilarious movie . . . . but you can't have too much starch in your shorts to fully enjoy it.

Rick C
[url]www.goldentales.ca[/url]

Roxy's_MA September 27th, 2005 11:42 AM

I absolutely love this movie!!! I found hilarious. I love the soundtrack, America F*** Yeah, and Freedom costs a buck-o-five.

I will be the first to admit this movie is definatly not for everyone.

I have alway been a big Southpark fan, I just get their sence of humor.

melanie September 27th, 2005 04:29 PM

it was absolutly hilaroius, i actually watched it twice i thought it that funny....

dont mention south park, i love that show but get bad reception so can only watch it on cloudy evenings, grrrrr....

Prin September 27th, 2005 04:32 PM

When my boyfriend travels for work, I sing Kim Jong Ill's (sp?) song... "Lonely" (aka Ro-ree) :D That doll is so accurate. I hate South Park, but this movie was great. :)

"America **** YEAH!"

Oh, and "Pearl Harbor sucked"...

Did anybody listen to the credits till the end? Kim sings another song about how he's from another planet and has to go back a failure... :D

Puppyluv September 27th, 2005 04:35 PM

"MATT DAMON"

Sorry.. couldn't resist :D

Prin September 27th, 2005 04:37 PM

I didn't get that part.. :o

Puppyluv September 27th, 2005 04:45 PM

This is what Trey Parker said about the "Matt-damon thing"

What's funny is that you can only use one skull that these faces go over so many times, and you'd be like, "Oh, let's make this person." And you try to make them, and it really didn't look that much like them because you always had to deal with the same eye things that define a person's face. Sometimes, you'd get a puppet that looked close, and sometimes you just didn't. With the Matt Damon one, I remember, they brought it down, and we were supposed to shoot Matt Damon that day, and the puppeteers came down and were like, "Here's Matt Damon!" We were like "Dude! That doesn't look like Matt Damon! He looks like retarded!" So what are we going to do? Probably out of all those people, Matt Damon we've met before, and he's actually a pretty cool guy and a talented actor. So it's just because his puppet was screwed up.

Prin September 27th, 2005 04:46 PM

Ahhhhh... Now it makes more sense!!! Thanks!

melanie September 27th, 2005 05:05 PM

do canadians like south park????

every time i come here i am always singing that tune in my head 'blame canada, BLAME CANADA' :D :angel:

Prin September 27th, 2005 05:07 PM

I think we're more able to laugh at ourselves than a lot of countries... Like if you say "Your PM sucks!" I'll most likely say, "I KNOW, eh?" :D (But I still don't like south park... I need more mature humor.)

Roxy's_MA September 27th, 2005 05:14 PM

I have to agree with Prin, most Canadians have no problem with people cracking jokes about our people and our country. I find it quite funny how thet portray the canadians, like Kyles's little adopted brother Ike.

Prin September 27th, 2005 05:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Or Satchel?

Puppyluv September 27th, 2005 05:23 PM

[QUOTE=Prin](But I still don't like south park... I need more mature humor.)[/QUOTE]
Mature like say... Family Guy? :D

Prin September 27th, 2005 05:24 PM

Exactly. At least there is no character on Family Guy that is solely constructed of fecal matter. :D

Roxy's_MA September 27th, 2005 05:30 PM

this is a little of topic, but has anyone seen the new Family Guy Stewie DVD-Unrated version? It looks really good.

Prin September 27th, 2005 05:31 PM

It only came out today, I think... One day, when I'm rich I'll buy it.. It's a bit of a ploy- Family guy did so well on DVD sales that that seems to be their focus now. :rolleyes:

Roxy's_MA September 27th, 2005 05:38 PM

It's weird how the show was on, went away for many years, and then came back. It may have had something to do with how many DVD's they sold, or maybe the first time around the show was just ahead of it's time.

Prin September 27th, 2005 05:43 PM

I heard it had the most sales of any DVD so they uncancelled it. :rolleyes:

Puppyluv September 27th, 2005 05:43 PM

My brother has had a copy of the dvd for a while (completely legal I swear.... :rolleyes: ) He said it was really funny, but it's really just like one super-long episode. (Nothing wrong with that of course)