Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Chihuahua on the Wes Island (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=33066)

coppperbelle November 19th, 2006 04:41 PM

Chihuahua on the Wes Island

I received this today from a member of our rescue group.

[I]On Sunday, lNov.19, at the Wal-Mart parking lot in Kirkland (West Island).

I found the cutest little chihuahua wandering around in the parking lot, lucky for her red coat I spotted her when I was backing up the car and she finally came into the car. I went into Wal-Mart to have them announce that I had found her but I had to leave as I was taking my son to a doctor's appointment.

here is a pic of her, please pass this along to all your friends, I'm sure her owners are frantic to get her back, she is safe and sound with us.[/I]

Contact me at [email]whiteoaks@videotron.ca[/email] for information.

cpietra16 November 19th, 2006 05:19 PM

I can't see the picture:(

coppperbelle November 19th, 2006 08:24 PM

Chihuahua

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the little guy

the gang November 19th, 2006 08:59 PM

oh god too cute!!!!! :fingerscr he finds his owners, or his owners find him, good people are hard to find brenda and the 4 pins

Rottielover November 19th, 2006 10:04 PM

If he was found on the wet island, have the people who found him call pierrefond animal hospital...514-626-9890......They are really good

animatch November 21st, 2006 10:33 PM

Could this be our Donna??

Is this chihuahua a female? We adopted one out a few weeks ago that looked exactly like this. Scary, please let me know. Just sterilized Oct, teeth cleaned...

BMDLuver November 22nd, 2006 06:24 AM

From the photo, looks like the Chi is tatooed in the ear?

Golden Girls November 22nd, 2006 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Geez I hope it's not Donna. I've contacted the person who surrended her to Animatch on Oct 9th :fingerscr she can identify as this Chi was already rescued only 2 yrs earlier from the MSPCA. Her owner died suddenly Oct 6th of a heart attack and she along with a Maltese/Chitzu (:rip: Channel <-- very sick) and a Pomeranian's (Misha - so far their keeping her :fingerscr ) were found on top of their owner :sad: This is Donna and although not very clear I believe she also has a green tatoo on the left ear.

Golden Girls November 22nd, 2006 07:49 AM

Cooperbelle: I'm going OOT for a few days - I forwarded the woman the above email so she can contact them directly, hopefully if it is Donna the adoptor can be found :pray:

animatch November 22nd, 2006 08:25 AM

I can proove that this is one of our adoptees. I found out through golden rescue group that a breeder in Ottawa has her. (we spayed herOct 27, so no danger there) We adopted her out Oct 31 to a family in Ile Perrot, which obviously seems dumped her since they have not noitified anyone. I am willing to go get her & the breeder wants to place her, by the sounds of it they won't let us have her back.

chico2 November 22nd, 2006 08:40 AM

It certainly looks like Donna,what an incredible coinsidence..
If the adopters dumped her:confused: she was very lucky to be found alive.
At least we know she'll be safe and warm.
Hopefully she'll be returned to where she belongs.

Golden Girls November 22nd, 2006 08:48 AM

o man - this is not good at all and the woman/man that surrended her is fuming at me since I convinced her not to go to the MSPCA the day they found them :sad:

Rottielover November 22nd, 2006 10:07 AM

I thought it was a he, if so not the same dog, Now you guys got me all confused

chico2 November 22nd, 2006 05:03 PM

Please let us know what is happening with her,it looks like she might have had puppies resently,but since she's been spayed,I must be wrong:confused:

animatch November 22nd, 2006 09:02 PM

We just had full blood work up done on her, got her spayed, & teeth cleaned in Oct. She probably did have a litter previously. Well she is in Ottawa area & whoever, with golden rescue doesn't want to give her back to us here at Animatch. We have the adoption contract of the person that adopted & had no clue that the dog was in any danger.

Rottielover November 22nd, 2006 09:16 PM

are you 100% that this is the same dog. As I said, earlier post stated it was a male, animatch adopted out a female

animatch November 22nd, 2006 09:20 PM

please contact me privately for details about name & address of this person, who may want to adopt from another place.

animatch November 22nd, 2006 09:22 PM

Hi Rottielover, yes it is definetly Donna, it is even the sweater that she had when she was adopted.

jesse's mommy November 22nd, 2006 09:26 PM

That is so sad. Have you been able to contact the people who originally adopted her? They need to rot in -- you know where. :frustrated:

coppperbelle November 22nd, 2006 09:33 PM

Chihuahua on the West Island

This is from the people who found this little girl. They have asked me to post this on their behalf.

[I]Upon finding the Chi, we notified the Police, Kirkland Public Security,
contacted Jean Talon Spca, Berger Blanc, and all the Rescue groups whose
number or emails we could find, all the vets on the West Island, we called
CJAD to mention it during Grey Cup coverage, we contacted each and every Chi
breeder in Ontario and Quebec, the Canadian Kennel Club to see if they had a
match for the tattoo, and had her scanned for a microchip, we placed posters
all over the West Island and placed an ad in the paper for 2 days (all of
this at our expense). We spoke with the managers at Wal-Mart and the Brick,
Wal-Mart finally allowed us to put a flyer on their main entrance. To say
that we have gone out of our way to find someone is understated.

We have been in the 'Dog World' for 25 years and can assure you that our
interest lies in the welfare of the dog....When we assured (Animatch) that
the dog was being well taken care of and that we would find her a good home
we were not kidding and are insulted and frankly annoyed by comments that
would suggest otherwise. We took days off work to stay home and take care
of this situation. The little Chi is DOING GREAT!! She is with a Chi experts
who not only has gone out of the way to look after her for us, but is
spending an incredible amount of time on rebuilding her trust in people.

So since WE SAVED HER FROM BEING RUN OVER BY A CAR to begin with, we feel it
is our responsibility to make sure nothing ever happens to her ever again!!
her next home will be her FOREVER HOME!![/I]

coppperbelle November 22nd, 2006 09:35 PM

Chihuahua on the West Island

[QUOTE=Rottielover;321777]are you 100% that this is the same dog. As I said, earlier post stated it was a male, animatch adopted out a female[/QUOTE]

When I said little guy I was assuming she was a he. It is a female that was found. Hope that clears up some confusion.

Frenchy November 22nd, 2006 09:36 PM

Thanks Coppperbelle.

Rottielover November 22nd, 2006 09:38 PM

yes it does, thank you.....I hope all works out for her

Frenchy November 22nd, 2006 09:42 PM

[QUOTE=coppperbelle;321789]This is from the people who found this little girl. They have asked me to post this on their behalf.

[/QUOTE]

I meant thanks for this info, I wouldn't want people to think our rescue is not a responsable one.

Bina November 22nd, 2006 10:46 PM

Dumped Donna???

I have been involved with rescue for over 15 years, during this time I have had the pleasure to help out some really good groups; Animatch is considered to be among the best. They have high standards and excellent follow ups, so this story is especially puzzling......
How Donna happened to end up in a parking lot after being adopted out, is a mystery that can only be answered by the adoptive guardian.....Was she dumped in a momentary lapse of common sense, or did she escape from a car?
If she escaped, the guardian did not try to find her...and if she was dumped, the adoptive guardian deserves to be charged with cruelty to animals and breach of contract.

I believe that Donna should be rightfully returned to Animatch, as per the signed contract.

animatch November 23rd, 2006 08:09 AM

You say you contacted rescues, but did not even contact Animatch by email or phone.
It was by chance that I decided to check the site & saw her.
I really don't think you have any bad intentions, I just don't think you treated this properly.
Donna did have slight fear issues with strangers, but bonds very well when you give her that chance.
Hopefully these people that adopted her from us don't do the same with any other rescue.

chico2 November 23rd, 2006 08:41 AM

I don't think anybody did anything wrong,except for the adopters,whatever happened.:confused:
A little Chi could easily have been killed,even in a parkinglot:sad:
Were the adopters contacted??
If it turns out they"dumped"her,could they be blacklisted in the shelter-community?
I know both rescues are wonderful and I hope you can come to a solution for this little girl,without bad feelings towards each other:fingerscr

Bina November 23rd, 2006 10:15 AM

Finders-----Keepers???

I keep re-reading the posts and just can't figure out why it is such an issue to return Donna to Animatch.....am I missing something?

Rescue groups working together is the ultimate solution to helping pets in need.

If I dropped my wallet in a parking lot would you keep that too ;-)

vness November 23rd, 2006 11:21 AM

I keep re-reading this post and think the opposite - what is the point of returning the dog to Animatch. The point that is being missed is what is best for this little dog and not what is best for what rescue!?

The dog is well taken care of and evidently comfortable where she is - added to that is the extra bonus that she is in the hands of an experienced "rescue worker" and not "rescue". Why shuffle her around again?! Hasnt she been through enough?

Added to that, the person who found her does not have any contract with Animatch?? So what responsibility does she have to give the dog back to the organization who adopted her out to an irresponsible family in the first place?!?!

This is silly - the dog is in good hands and will be well taken care of and that's all that should count. Animatch should be thanking this lady instead! And for what it's worth I applaud her.

Bina November 23rd, 2006 12:04 PM

This is for "VNESS"

I think you don't know all the details....Animatch did not receive the adoption fee for Donna, and so they are now out of pocket for the veterinary care given. Not the end of the world, just making a point....

And OF COURSE the happiness of Donna is a priority, thankfully she is safe with a rescuer.
But NEVER say it again that Animatch adopts out to irresponsible families.
You live in Hudson? You should know better.

Out of hundreds and hundreds of adoptions over 15 years, it can happen that one or two nutcases somehow con their way through the adoption process with deceptive or false references.

Let's all just move on, Donna is safe.