Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Tech talk (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   How did I save an excel worksheet as a .gif image? hazel is clueless... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43153)

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2007 09:41 AM

How did I save an excel worksheet as a .gif image? hazel is clueless...

In the past, I have saved part of an excel worksheet as a .gif image and inserted it as a picture into a FrontPage web page. What's more, I have done this [I]at least [/I]six times--long enough ago, unfortunately, that I can't remember how I did it... :frustrated:

I need to do it again...but my memory fails me. :yell: (this is not an unusual occurrence, but it never fails to make me tear out my already thinning hair... :p) Sigh...but at least I [I]know[/I] it can be done...

Anyone out there have any experience with this? :fingerscr It's a handy trick...and if I figure it out, I think I should probably write it down this time! :laughing: :o

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2007 03:09 PM

[I][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Wooohoooo!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I] :highfive: madame hazel looked into her crystal ball and realized hazel was using the wrong program! And then the sagacious seer figured out how to do it!

Import the excel worksheet as an object into [I]Publisher[/I], save the image as a picture in .gif format and [I]then[/I] insert it into FrontPage! :highfive: :goodvibes: [SIZE="1"]*happy dance*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]I just wish madame hazel had been a little faster so I didn't waste the whole day working on this! [/SIZE] :laughing:

mummummum August 2nd, 2007 12:37 AM

Well thank you madame hazel.. or whichever.. ..one...of...your incarnationso.. did this ~ cuz it was buggin' me. I know I've done it too. But I'm at home without all the fun programs...:rolleyes:

CyberKitten August 2nd, 2007 03:01 AM

I do not use FrontPage or any Wisiwag HTML editor for that matter - I am old fashioned kind of programmer having started with mainframes (I know, I sound ancient and I am not really, lol). I use Notepad or sometimes AceHTML which has some prewritten JavaScripts and sql stuff that one uses frequently so I don't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak. But to save Excel as a gif, I wold merely print the screen and copy it into a graphics program, crop it the way I wanted it and then save it as a gif or jpeg - tho jpegs are [referable for photos, gifs pr pngs for other images.

I should add I prefer Notepad and simpler "editors" because I like to manipulate the data and images more myself, I don't find that Wisiwag or even the other type of editors for that matter.

I guess I wonder why you would want to save Excel as a gif, why not ave it as a dynamic HTML page or is it an image in Excel you want to save, them just save the image???

Anyway, just goes to show how we all accomplish the same task with different ways. Interesting!!

Good luck!

hazelrunpack August 2nd, 2007 06:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I operated and programmed on a mainframe for years and still use DOS on occasion to do stuff :highfive: I still have my machine language manuals. :laughing: I'm considered a dinosaur!

It's much easier to do it my way, though using the scanner would have been a last resort. I found another way to do it, too, though it was much more difficult. I used "print" and directed it to the document image maker, then saved it as a .tif...but it's about 1.5 M in size that way, I needed it transparent for a Web page, so I converted it to a .gif in Image Zone and resized. Came down to about 27 K.

But using Publisher is by far and away the bestest! :highfive: Took me all of about 1.5 minutes once I remembered how to do it.

Why would I need an image? Well, we have the dogs' blog pages to maintain, y'know, and they're very proud of their families so hubby includes a 3-generation pedigree on his pages. I work up the peds in excel, then transfer just the image of the worksheet to the web pages:

[ATTACH]27642[/ATTACH]

This way, I only add about 7 K to the size of the page. :thumbs up