Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Mindy's new doo (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=74935)

Tundra_Queen January 25th, 2011 11:16 PM

Mindy's new doo

3 Attachment(s)
Mindy went to the groomers yesterday as she was starting to look like a mini sheepdog. :laughing:

She is now pretty bald and has to wear a coat when she goes outside but she is so soft and smells just like a flower. :laughing:

When the groomer brought her home all the kitties and Tegan had to smell her cause she smelled so different than she did when she left home. :D[ATTACH]71770[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]71769[/ATTACH]Darby was trying to figure out who she was too.

[ATTACH]71771[/ATTACH] Mindy wasn't very happy with Mommy either...she was asking me how I could do this to her,,,making her smell like a silly old flower! :laughing:

Tundra_Queen January 25th, 2011 11:20 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Poor doggy...she doesn't like the cold now she is all bald. :(

Tundra_Queen January 25th, 2011 11:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mindy with her big sister Tegan. :D

Tegan is so good with her,,,Mindy will steal Tegan's new big girl bone and Tegan just let's her and waits until I get it back for her. LOL

Tundra_Queen January 25th, 2011 11:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure if Mindy's paws were bothering her after the groomers but she sure was sitting funny and lifting her paws outside too.
[ATTACH]71778[/ATTACH] Though that might of been because she has no hair left on her paw pads now. I'm wondering if maybe the groomer cut her nails too close though?

I sure love that face!! :laughing:
[ATTACH][ATTACH]71780[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

14+kitties January 25th, 2011 11:32 PM

Aww Mindy. :cloud9: Keesha never liked being groomed in the winter months either TQ. She'll grow her fur out soon enough. In the meanwhile she can show off some of her fancy togs outside. :thumbs up
I thought she was a retired show dog? She should be used to the fussing and smelling nice. I'm sure a cookie would go a long way to making her feel better. :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen January 25th, 2011 11:41 PM

14+ yes she is a retired show dog but she liked her long hair and playing in the snow. This is her first winter I think, of learning how to play in the snow.

I do think that her nails were cut too short this time. It is a new groomer I had yesterday and Mindy's paws seemed a bit senstitive when I touched them.:( She just looked so sad when she came back home and yep she got cookies...lots of them. :D

14+kitties January 25th, 2011 11:47 PM

Maybe she just doesn't like the feel of the shaved paws on the floor/carpet. Does she have ticklish feet? :shrug:

erykah1310 January 25th, 2011 11:53 PM

Her face is absolutely priceless, she definately does not look impressed with you, but she looks super cute

Tundra_Queen January 26th, 2011 12:07 AM

14+ no, I wouldn't say she has ticklish feet. The carpet never bothered her the last time she was groomed. I'll just have to keep an eye on her. Maybe I'm worrying over nothing. :shrug:

erykah thanks she is a sweetie pie. And now she is a soft, flowery sweetie pie. :laughing:

Love4himies January 26th, 2011 08:12 AM

Awwww, Mindy looks absolutely beautiful with her new doo :cloud9::lovestruck:. If her nails were cut too short, wouldn't the quick be bleeding? Could the groomer have nicked her paw pad and made a cut?

breeze January 26th, 2011 08:29 AM

love Mindy's new look :lovestruck:

I know for Bree if the fur is cut a little to short on her pads/paws they can bother her for a couple of days until she gets use to them again.:o

Tundra_Queen January 26th, 2011 01:16 PM

L4H...Mindy's nails are black. The owner has always been the one to cut her nails as the old groomer girl, had only groomed for 1 year and is not there anymore, was too nervous to do Mindy's nails. I don't know about this new girl that is now working there as I was not there. I think there is something called silver something or other? that u put on the nails to stop them bleeding.

breeze I think what u said about Bree's paws maybe Mindy is gong thru that as she seems to be a bit better today,,,still lifting her paws outside today but not as much. She did have about 2 inches of hair on her paw pads so maybe it is just the cold she is feeling now that her pads are bald. :( I guess I shouldn't of gotten her groomed but she was getting matted even with my brushing her every day and I just didn't know what to do. :( :loser:

luckypenny January 26th, 2011 01:51 PM

Omd, isn't Mindy the sweetest looking little girl :lovestruck: and her big sister is simply beautiful :cloud9:. Your pretty kitties look larger than she is, lol.

Having her groomed to remove mats is never a bad idea, TQ, so don't feel bad about that :). The groomer should have thought about her paws pads being cold with removing the fur there but, at least you'll know to mention it to her next time you have Mindy groomed in the winter.

PS, I wonder how popular cow dung, earth worm, and decaying carcass scented shampoo would be...I know our dogs would love it :D.

breeze January 26th, 2011 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;979943]L4H...Mindy's nails are black. The owner has always been the one to cut her nails as the old groomer girl, had only groomed for 1 year and is not there anymore, was too nervous to do Mindy's nails. I don't know about this new girl that is now working there as I was not there. I think there is something called silver something or other? that u put on the nails to stop them bleeding.

breeze I think what u said about Bree's paws maybe Mindy is gong thru that as she seems to be a bit better today,,,still lifting her paws outside today but not as much. She did have about 2 inches of hair on her paw pads so maybe it is just the cold she is feeling now that her pads are bald. :( I guess I shouldn't of gotten her groomed but she was getting matted even with my brushing her every day and I just didn't know what to do. :( :loser:[/QUOTE]

your not a :loser: for getting Mindy groomed!!
when the fur is cut on the paw pads they have better traction on carpet and flooring, and the pads itself tough'n up. :thumbs up
just give her a little time and see if she is better. if not then metion to the groomers maybe not to cut the fur so short?? leave it a little longer next time and see if it makes a difference..
:goodvibes:

hazelrunpack January 26th, 2011 08:20 PM

Aw, she looks absolutely booootifull!!!!!! :flirt:

Tundra_Queen January 27th, 2011 02:16 AM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;979958]Omd, isn't Mindy the sweetest looking little girl :lovestruck: and her big sister is simply beautiful :cloud9:. Your pretty kitties look larger than she is, lol.

Having her groomed to remove mats is never a bad idea, TQ, so don't feel bad about that :). The groomer should have thought about her paws pads being cold with removing the fur there but, at least you'll know to mention it to her next time you have Mindy groomed in the winter.

PS, I wonder how popular cow dung, earth worm, and decaying carcass scented shampoo would be...I know our dogs would love it :D.[/QUOTE]

LP...Ummm the dogs might love the cow dung shampoo, but I don't think they'd like sleeping out in the cold porch or the basement. :laughing: Hubs has a very sensitive nose.

As a matter of fact,,,last night Mindy slept on my pillow in between hubs and me all night and we got lots of kisses and sniffs in the ear. It was so cute...she has never come up and slept on my pillow...I guess she was colder now that she is bald...just like hubs! :laughing:

And your right, the cats are bigger than Midny is...all but Darby.

[QUOTE=breeze;979961]your not a :loser: for getting Mindy groomed!!
when the fur is cut on the paw pads they have better traction on carpet and flooring, and the pads itself tough'n up. :thumbs up
just give her a little time and see if she is better. if not then metion to the groomers maybe not to cut the fur so short?? leave it a little longer next time and see if it makes a difference..
:goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

breeze Mindy was having a hard time going up the wooden stairs to bed...there are about 14 of them and there are two turns in the stairs. She doesn't know about stairs too much so I was worried she wasn't getting enough traction. And a lot of our floors are wood which makes her slide around some times like she's on skates when she's trying to play. LOL Today she wasn't lifting her paws as much so that was nice to see.

rainbow January 29th, 2011 06:56 PM

Love Mindy's new haircut :lovestruck: and the pics of the "sniff test" are too cute. :D

Glad her paws aren't bothering her so much anymore :thumbs up ....it probably was the hair cut too short. :(