Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Georges' cherry eye (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57474)

scathach November 19th, 2008 08:21 AM

Georges had a surprise for me when i got home yesterday... now he has two cherry eye!!! :yell: On the bright side, it happened before the operation... which is next tuesday. Hopefully, the vet gonna operate on both eyes... i need to call her to confirm... now we won't have to worry for the other one to pop out! :thumbs up Like my boyfriend says, Georges his symetrical now :laughing:

hazelrunpack November 19th, 2008 10:35 AM

I hope the surgery goes well and they can do both eyes at once! :goodvibes:

scathach November 19th, 2008 11:46 AM

they're gonna do both eyes! Just hope it'll go well!

scathach November 27th, 2008 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Georges is back home! :) i can't tell you i much we missed the lil devil! The surgery went well :thumbs up Both eyes are still swollen but it will get better in the next 10 days... another 10 days putting ointment in his eyes :sad: The poor thing has to wear a cone for 10 days... he's so miserable but funny at the same time...

hazelrunpack November 27th, 2008 06:47 PM

Georges' eyes are looking great, scathach!! :thumbs up The 10 days will go fast. :thumbs up

Once our dogs figure out that they can monopolize the water bowls with the cone, and they notice that all the other dogs will get out of their way to keep from getting gored by the bonnet, our dogs don't mind having to wear the cone at all. The backs of [I]our [/I]legs, however, are extremely grateful when the bonnet comes off and we're no longer getting gored from behind... :o

scathach November 29th, 2008 08:26 AM

he's bakc to his old self ;) he still gets tired pretty quickly but now he was to play with his toys :D

hazelrunpack November 29th, 2008 12:37 PM

Don't believe him if he says he'll leave his eyes alone and asks you to take off the cone prematurely. :dog: They can be little :evil:s when it comes to tricking Mom and Dad into taking off the dratted collar! :laughing:

Glad to hear that he's feeling more chipper and wanting to play! He sure is a cutie :cloud9:

scathach December 1st, 2008 08:55 AM

lol we only take off his cone so that he can eat properly or when he's on our lap and we can watch it constantly! I don't know how he did it but during the night he found a way to detach it! :eek::shrug: luckly the ribbon was still keeping it in place!

otis'mom December 16th, 2008 04:37 PM

did you already have the cherry eye taken care of? i have a 3 month old boston terrier with the problem and they wont opperate on him until 6 months. Did you have it fixed or removed and what was the cost if you dont mind me asking

mafiaprincess December 16th, 2008 05:06 PM

Smudge had a cherry eye issue, partial, one eye. They fixed it at 12 or 13 weeks. It was done at the breeder's vet in Nc, and was far cheaper than it would have cost me here. They also did only a partial removal, and saved tear duct so he has normal function and I don't have to worry about dry eye, and I also don't have to worry about it popping like tucks sometimes do.

scathach December 17th, 2008 08:27 AM

Otis'mom i reply on your other post... i didnt saw you wrote here ;)