Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Missing dogs in Muskoka Region of Ontario (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=74441)

Jos January 7th, 2011 12:01 PM

Missing dogs in Muskoka Region of Ontario

We have lost two dogs in the Muskoka, Ontario region (Moon River, Mactier area). Both lab x and both black mid sized. One spayed female who is 6 and a neutered male who is 2. Neither dog had their collars on and escaped outside when the door was opened. The female has a bit of white on her chin and paws. They've been missing since January 1, 2011 and are deeply missed. We've registered with OSPCA from Sudbury to Barrie and called all vet clinics in the Muskoka Region with descriptions.

chico2 January 7th, 2011 05:15 PM

Jos,I cannot help you,but I sincerely hope you get your dogs back,I am so very sorry.:(
Some :pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:they'll find their way home.

Jos January 7th, 2011 10:32 PM

Thank you. We are really devastated about this and just want them to come home.

Longblades January 8th, 2011 10:02 AM

Have you put up posters? I suggest the snowmobiler hangouts. The motels they stay at. Those folks cover a lot of ground and dogs might run the trails to avoid the deeper snow off the trails. Plus all the usual places of course, like pet shops and the local stores and post office and Vets. The Vets and pet stores I have done by emailing and asking them to print and post for me to save a lot of driving.

Hope they come home soon, good thing it has not been too, too cold.

Jos January 8th, 2011 02:27 PM

We've put posters up everywhere, called all vet clinics, private shelters, pet stores, OSPCA from Sudbury to Newmarket. The police suggested we call the game wardens to see if they've received any calls which I will do today. I will also follow up with the snowmobile clubs - thanks for mentioning that.
We just hope they find their way home. It's been a week now and we are really worried about them.

chico2 January 8th, 2011 05:02 PM

Jos,it seems you have done just about everything and I really hope we'll soon get a message saying they are both back home:pray:
I cannot even begin to imagine how you must feel,but don't give up hope,ok,they are out there somewhere:grouphug:

Jos January 8th, 2011 08:02 PM

We are now wondering if someone found them on the New Years weekend, picked them up and took them from the area. I'm now emailing all OSPCA's from Toronto and west of Toronto in the hopes someone dropped them off at a shelter down there.

t.pettet January 8th, 2011 08:04 PM

Missing dogs in

You can also post your lost dogs on Flealess Market, good luck finding the pooches.

Jos January 9th, 2011 06:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attached are pictures of Bear and Aten

chico2 January 9th, 2011 08:33 AM

Jos,they are beautiful,with this cold weather,I am hoping someone has them and will come forward to bring them to their home:pray::pray:

Jos January 9th, 2011 10:11 AM

We really hope someone knows where they are. The nights are really cold and we can only hope they are keeping warm somewhere.

BenMax January 9th, 2011 10:23 AM

My heart goes out to you. I wish for the very best.:fingerscr

Jos January 10th, 2011 07:39 PM

We found our dogs today and are very thankful. They were found an hour away and were thin and exhausted but very happy to be home. Someone very kindly took them in on Saturday and took care of them for us.

It's been a very rough week and I would like to thank everyone for your kind words and prayers.

Longblades January 10th, 2011 07:42 PM

[SIZE="7"]Yay![/SIZE][SIZE="7"] Hallelujah! Whoopee![/SIZE].

shirley1011 January 10th, 2011 08:36 PM

OH GREAT NEWS!!!! So glad to hear you found them!

sassylemon January 10th, 2011 09:22 PM

:party: yay I am glad you find them! :lovestruck:

luckypenny January 11th, 2011 01:07 AM

So happy you've been reunited and they are safe and sound :goodvibes:.

Love4himies January 11th, 2011 08:21 AM

Thank goodness :thumbs up :highfive: :grouphug:

chico2 January 11th, 2011 09:14 AM

WONDERFUL NEWS:thumbs up
A big hug of thank you to the people who cared and took them in:grouphug:

Melinda January 11th, 2011 11:04 AM

nice to know there are still good people in the world, wonderful news!

BenMax January 11th, 2011 12:21 PM

Wonderful news. I noticed through the rescue media side of things that you have gone through great lengths to find your dogs. I am very pleased for you and I commend you on your continued efforts to locate them.

Excellent news - made my day.:thumbs up