Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Puppy health (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Please help, i think my puppy is sick.. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71781)

Alyak364 August 1st, 2010 10:46 PM

thank you everyone :)

I think my puppy zoey is sick she is acting strange, she is a lab and boxer mix, she is normally super hyper and a bull in a china shop, but since yesterday she wont eat, she is constantly sleeping, she doesnt really want to be petted and she is slow, she has diarrhea and is just not happy looking.she is still drinking water tough luckly. I dont know whether to wait it out and see if it goes away or what, mom said she isnt taking her to the vet til atleast wensday, but will she make it that long? and could there be anyway i could help zoey myself? help me please..she is less than a year old :cry:

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2010 11:00 PM

If she's not better by tomorrow, she probably should be seen sooner than Wed if possible, Alyak364. Make sure she gets plenty of water--if she has diarrhea, she needs water to prevent dehydration. If you boil a piece of chicken in water you can use the resulting broth to entice her to drink more water. Strain out the chicken, discard the bones and save the meat to try to get her to eat tomorrow.

If you begin to see blood in her stool or if she stops drinking water, she'll need to be seen by the vet ASAP. If she also begins vomiting, treat it as an emergency.

Alyak364 August 2nd, 2010 11:02 AM

found out

we ended up taking her to the vet today due to how bad she was getting......she tested positive for parvo.....sadly my family cant afford to put her through treatment...and they wont put her down til they put her through the treatment...so sadly we have to just.....just let her go on her own or pull through on her own....we tried to feed her everything, chicken, hot dogs, even steak, she refused all of it...i love her soo much and it hurts to know i cant help her..thank you for your help :pawprint:

diandpat August 2nd, 2010 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=Alyak364;941135]we ended up taking her to the vet today due to how bad she was getting......she tested positive for parvo.....sadly my family cant afford to put her through treatment...and they wont put her down til they put her through the treatment...so sadly we have to just.....just let her go on her own or pull through on her own....we tried to feed her everything, chicken, hot dogs, even steak, she refused all of it...i love her soo much and it hurts to know i cant help her..thank you for your help :pawprint:[/QUOTE]

OMG Alyak that is just too too sad :( How long have you had her? Wonder where/when she could have come across parvo, pour soul :(
:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: :grouphug:

luckypenny August 2nd, 2010 11:45 AM

Alyak, is your other dog vaccinated against Parvo? It's highly contagious.

Praying for a miracle :grouphug:.

cpietra16 August 2nd, 2010 11:49 AM

an you take her somewhere else, like the SPCA who may be able to offer some help. I just don't understand how your vet won't help you with meds or putting her down without the treatment? :shrug:what does that mean?
"they wont put her down til they put her through the treatment"

Alyak364 August 2nd, 2010 12:23 PM

We've had her roughly 10 months, since she was a little baby, im not sure where she came across parvo.
and yes my other dog is vaccinated luckly thats probably the only reason why she hasnt caught the virus from zoey. and what i meant by "they wont put her down til they put her through the treatment" is that is before they put her down they want to do everything humanly possible to try and save her...sadly my parents dont have the money to put her through that type of treatment....id love to try and save her and everything but sadly its my parents wont do it.. but we did managed to find a an animal hospital that will do it, which in a way makes me kind of happy because she wont have to suffer anymore...:) :(

luckypenny August 2nd, 2010 12:33 PM

Alyak, stay online for a few minutes, ok? I'll be back in a sec. I may have found a way to help.

luckypenny August 2nd, 2010 12:41 PM

I'm unable to private message you so I'm going to put up my email address. Copy it asap because I'm going to delete it in a minute.

marko August 2nd, 2010 01:24 PM

Pm privs added - should be fine now.

thx - marko

luckypenny August 2nd, 2010 01:32 PM

Thank you Marko!

Alyak, check your private messages!

hazelrunpack August 2nd, 2010 03:34 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about the diagnosis, Alyak! :grouphug: I hope the info LP sent you helps your situation!

Sending :goodvibes: for your pup!!!

Alyak364 August 2nd, 2010 04:20 PM

thank you everyone

thank you everyone your help and everything has been amazing, sadly i didnt get LP's message before we had to take zoey in because she wouldnt walk or anything because it hurt her. we did find out there was an outbreak here, 12 dogs have been put down in the last 2 days because of it. Zoey is sadly one of them, they said she was too far along, and the other dogs they tried the treatment for couldnt be saved either, but i thank you all sooo much u have truely helped :pawprint::angel2:

:rip: Zoey

luckypenny August 2nd, 2010 04:23 PM

:candle: Zoey :candle:

My thoughts are with you and your family :grouphug:.

serenamlambe August 2nd, 2010 04:35 PM

So sorry for your loss :(

hazelrunpack August 2nd, 2010 04:43 PM

I'm so sorry, Alyak. :grouphug: You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Zoey went to the Bridge knowing she was loved, Alyak, and that's a powerful gift to give her.

:candle: sweet Zoey

diandpat August 2nd, 2010 04:47 PM

:cry::cry::cry: :rip: Sweet Zoe...no more pain and discomfort

Alyak, so sorry for you and your family.

Odd about that outbreak though...do you live in a small town?

growler~GateKeeper August 3rd, 2010 12:06 AM

:rip: sweet :angel2: Zoey :candle: She is playing at the [URL="http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html"]Rainbow Bridge[/URL] with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

mikischo August 3rd, 2010 12:34 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.:grouphug:

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Zoey:dog: :candle:

Alyak364 August 3rd, 2010 10:05 PM

:)

thank you for all the prayers :angel2: and yes we live in a pretty small town.
:pawprint: