Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   I love my Avenue.... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77846)

Dee-O-Gee July 10th, 2011 05:20 PM

I love my Avenue....

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER]Lazy, hazy day of summer today and after much work yesterday, I decided to walk across the boulevard down to the river.

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]River's bed[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]74986[/ATTACH]

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]Capture of the waves as a boat went by[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]74988[/ATTACH]

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][I]Aftermath...[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]74987[/ATTACH]
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"].
.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Dee-O-Gee July 10th, 2011 05:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[CENTER]White Egret standing about 50 feet away with his buddy swimming.

[ATTACH]74989[/ATTACH]

Soaring of a Seagull

[ATTACH]74992[/ATTACH]

Natural habitat.

[ATTACH]74991[/ATTACH]
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"].
.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Dee-O-Gee July 10th, 2011 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[I][/I][CENTER]Last but not least, this little guy followed me all along my walking adventure.

[ATTACH]74993[/ATTACH]

Some people think that Seagulls are very annoying when it comes to crowds and food but this little birdy seemed so peaceful floating about.

:cloud9: [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"][SIZE="4"]I Love my Avenue.[/SIZE][/COLOR] :cloud9:

The End![/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

hazelrunpack July 10th, 2011 06:52 PM

Very pretty! :cloud9: Looks like you have some great walking venues there, klm! Can you bring dogs along there, too?

CsqU4r3d July 10th, 2011 07:20 PM

Beautiful location, great pix....Chum wants to know if he can come live with you and go swimming everyday!!! We are jealous!!

Dee-O-Gee July 10th, 2011 08:12 PM

Oh yes Hazel. We have a great walking path along the river's shore where I walk Gryph and Mollie all the time. There's even a small little sandy beach around the corner from my house but unfortunately; both Gryphon and Mollie are petrified of water! :frustrated:

Maybe Chum could swing by and teach a fellow Springer how to swim CsqU4r3d? :shrug: :D

hazelrunpack July 10th, 2011 08:18 PM

The Pack think that Gryphon and Mollie are showing very good sense by not going in the water! They hates water, too! Hates it, they does! :dog:

Dee-O-Gee July 10th, 2011 08:29 PM

Gryphon tried the swimming thing 3 years ago. This video was taken down at the sandy beach around the corner. He's such a loving goofball! :lovestruck:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wb6TlzLfyk[/url]

hazelrunpack July 10th, 2011 08:52 PM

He's so silly! Standing on the bottom with his hind feet, pretending he's swimming by slapping his front paws on the surface! :laughing: Poor guy just wants to be swimmin' like his pal, Bailey!

If he gets in too deep does he sink?

Dee-O-Gee July 10th, 2011 09:18 PM

Oh Hazel...We've tried everything and it's hopeless! :headslap: If he gets in too deep, he just gets into this slapping mode. I tried to support his belly underneath and bring his back legs up but he goes into panic mode and starts ripping and scratchin' the bee-jee-bee's outta me. :yell:

luckypenny July 10th, 2011 09:37 PM

So lovely, klm! Just looking at your photos made me decompress instantly...I can only imagine what it'd be like to have easy access to such places. Thanks so much for sharing :).

hazelrunpack July 10th, 2011 09:37 PM

[QUOTE=klmccallum;1017339]Oh Hazel...We've tried everything and it's hopeless! :headslap: If he gets in too deep, he just gets into this slapping mode. I tried to support his belly underneath and bring his back legs up but he goes into panic mode and starts ripping and scratchin' the bee-jee-bee's outta me. :yell:[/QUOTE]

:laughing: I swim a little bit like that, too. :o We'll just have to make him an honorary setter, I guess! :D

Dee-O-Gee July 11th, 2011 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;1017346]So lovely, klm! Just looking at your photos made me decompress instantly...I can only imagine what it'd be like to have easy access to such places. Thanks so much for sharing :).[/QUOTE]

We are truly lucky LP. On a warm day such as today, it's so nice to have tranquil moments to make the stress of the day go away. :cloud9:

Dog Dancer July 12th, 2011 10:16 AM

What a beautiful trail area. I love the video too, Gryphon is so cute, like Hazel I could see he was walking! What a chuckle. My two hate the water also and Halo is a lab - go figure!

Dee-O-Gee July 12th, 2011 08:58 PM

Some dogs with webbed fit just don't mix with water DD. :headslap:

We are truly blessed with our trails and look forward to every walk amongst them. Total relaxation/decompression. :cloud9:

chico2 July 13th, 2011 04:26 PM

klm,beautiful pics and that Gryphon in the water is just hilarious,all doggies are supposed to know how to doggie-paddle:laughing:

Dee-O-Gee July 13th, 2011 09:03 PM

We tried to tell Gryphon that about 4 years ago Chico and he still doesn't understand the doggie paddle. :wall:

Maybe it's because he thinks he's a hooman! :o

CsqU4r3d July 14th, 2011 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Look Gryphon it is fun to swim, I love chasing the ripples made by pebbles my hoomanz throw.[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-o89BGcn6Q[/url] Do I have to bring some water wings for ya!

Goldfields July 14th, 2011 12:11 PM

klm, that is so beautiful, fancy having wild lilies where you walk. Green with envy.

[QUOTE=chico2;1017663]klm,beautiful pics and that Gryphon in the water is just hilarious,all doggies are supposed to know how to doggie-paddle:laughing:[/QUOTE]

Chico, our darling Cuddles :rip: was once asked to work sheep and she just didn't have a clue. To cool off because it was a warm day she decided to run into the nice BIG puddle, which happened to be our dam, full to the brim. :D She went straight under and again, didn't have a clue, came up and was swimming like she was climbing a ladder:eek: . :rolleyes: I must admit we did have to roll around laughing as we watched. :laughing: Poor girl, but no harm done.

Dee-O-Gee July 14th, 2011 08:55 PM

Oh my Goodness CsqU4r3d! I cannot believe how much Gryphon & Chum look so alike! (my smileys aren't working-grhhh!)

As I was watching the video, I'm amazed how much Chum looks looks like my Gryph. Heck...even the water and shoreline looks like the little beach I take them too.

Whenever I want to envision Gryphon swimming, I guess I'm gonna have to watch Chum's video. (insert smiley face)!

Goldfields July 15th, 2011 10:36 AM

klm, do you think that lily growing there could be this one....

Meadow Lily
Lilium canadense x grayii
Glorious, dangling beauty. Nodding, bell shaped flowers with recurved petals of yellow through to burnt orange-red with heavy maroon spotting.

If it is, to buy it here, 1 for $24.

CsqU4r3d July 15th, 2011 10:55 AM

I know they look like litter mates!! They could be for all I know, my late husbands sister dropped him off here for a few days while she looked for a new home for him...his owners both had alzheimers and were increasingly unable to care for him. This also caused a problem getting any history on him ( as neither owner could remember any thing). I had said no more dogs after we lost our malamute (just too hard when they go)...I stuck to my guns for 5 years. But after one look at Chum, well he had found his new home!!! He has been my constant shadow ever since. My hubby always called him "that shameless dogfaced mama's boy!" Chum has been my little savior, without him I do not know how I would have gone on after loosing my husband to cancer at the age of 52. So maybe Gryphon and Chum are long lost brothers.

Dee-O-Gee July 16th, 2011 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=Goldfields;1017856]klm, do you think that lily growing there could be this one....

Meadow Lily
Lilium canadense x grayii
Glorious, dangling beauty. Nodding, bell shaped flowers with recurved petals of yellow through to burnt orange-red with heavy maroon spotting.

If it is, to buy it here, 1 for $24.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"][I]Not sure GF. They're pretty common around my area and see many houses with them lined in flower beds as well.[/I][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=CsqU4r3d;1017861]He has been my constant shadow ever since. My hubby always called him "that shameless dogfaced mama's boy!" Chum has been my little savior, without him I do not know how I would have gone on after loosing my husband to cancer at the age of 52. So maybe Gryphon and Chum are long lost brothers.[/QUOTE]

Oh the resemblance is truly remarkable! My hubby was always fond of the Springer breed and when he came home with an advertisement, he was so excited and wanted to equal out some testosterone amongst female hormones. :wall:

While I was so not up to another puppy, we brought Gryphon home almost 8 years ago and wouldn't change it for the world. :cloud9:

Now hubby teases me as Gryphon is [I][U]MY[/U][/I] shadow. Anytime I get up or walk about, Gryphon is stuck like glue on me and I can hear hubby talking in Gryphon tongue, "Mommy, Mommy!" :frustrated:

Gryphon is also a dogfaced mama's boy CsqU4r3d! :thumbs up