Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hi (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=37807)

Harley's_Mom March 15th, 2007 09:02 PM

Hi

I just became "mom" to a new puppy and this site looks like it'll be a good place to get the advice I know I'm going to need. My new little boy Harley is 9 weeks old today and he is a Shih Tzu x Poodle. He is the sweetest little guy. I am also "mom" to Yum Yum who is a 9 month old male cat. Besides my two four-legged babies, I am also mom to three two- legged boys....lol...I'm getting more out numbered all the time!

hazelrunpack March 15th, 2007 09:54 PM

Welcome to the forum, Harley's Mom!

:D It [I]does[/I] sound like there's a lot of "macho" at your house. [SIZE="1"]he he he[/SIZE]

If you have any pictures to share, we'd love to see your furbabies. There are a lot of photo-fans on this BB. :thumbs up

RolandsMom March 15th, 2007 10:06 PM

welcome to the forum, yes pics please!!!!

rainbow March 15th, 2007 10:09 PM

Welcome to the forum and I agree.....we love to see pics here. :D

TeriM March 16th, 2007 01:55 AM

Welcome to the forum :) .

BusterBoo March 16th, 2007 01:13 PM

hhhmm....to Harley's Mom from....Harley's Mom!

Welcome to the board. I also have a tzu named Harley and a tzu/bichon named Buster.

:dog:

Harley's_Mom March 16th, 2007 07:50 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I will be very pleased to post pics of my furbabies as soon as I figure out how to get the pics small enough....lol. I'm kinda computer illiterate and not very patient....lol.

rainbow March 16th, 2007 10:01 PM

Hmmmm...this is going to get confusing.....a "Harley's_Mom" and a "Harley's Mom". :eek:

BusterBoo March 17th, 2007 07:27 AM

That's what I thought also.....so I am in the processing of having my display name changed to HarleyBuster.

DesiP March 17th, 2007 07:45 AM

congratulations

Congratulations on the new addition to your family, Harley,I know the feeling of a new addition. I also have dogs. A male shih tzu and 2 female Yorkies. I am also a new member and its taking me sometime to figure out the picture thing too. Hopefully we will both be able to post pics soon

Harley's_Mom March 17th, 2007 08:03 AM

Harley's Mom, please don't change your name. I'll change mine, you were here first. I think it let me use the name because I have an underscore between Harley's and Mom. I definitely can see this getting confusing.

chico2 March 17th, 2007 08:19 AM

Welcome!! This is the first time I hear of the name Yum-Yum other than my little Cocker-Spaniel I had years and years ago,I thought I was the one inventing that name:laughing:

BusterBoo March 17th, 2007 08:35 AM

[QUOTE=Harley's_Mom;392416]Harley's Mom, please don't change your name. I'll change mine, you were here first. I think it let me use the name because I have an underscore between Harley's and Mom. I definitely can see this getting confusing.[/QUOTE]

No problem! It has already been changed to HarleyBuster, as when I created the name I only had Harley! This actually worked out just fine for me :D At least my Buster now has his name showing too!!!!

Harley's_Mom March 17th, 2007 08:54 AM

[QUOTE=chico2;392420]Welcome!! This is the first time I hear of the name Yum-Yum other than my little Cocker-Spaniel I had years and years ago,I thought I was the one inventing that name:laughing:[/QUOTE]

We got the name Yum Yum from a series of books about two cats that my son and I read. It's kind of funny actually cause in the book Yum Yum is a girl and the male is KoKo. We were told that our Yum Yum was a girl until we went to the vet and they said "nope, she's a he". :laughing: We didn't have the heart to change his name.
Thanks HarleyBuster but I still feel bad that you had to change your name. At least now Buster won't feel left out. :)

erykah1310 March 17th, 2007 09:09 AM

Welcome to the forum.

off topic how does one change their name?

BusterBoo March 17th, 2007 09:33 AM

[QUOTE=erykah1310;392445]Welcome to the forum.

off topic how does one change their name?[/QUOTE]

I PM'd Marko and asked him to do it. I explained that there could be confusion over who was who....

rainbow March 17th, 2007 12:01 PM

Erykah, you changing your name? ....you've got too many furkids to choose from. :D

HarleyBuster....I like your new name. :thumbs up

BusterBoo March 17th, 2007 12:22 PM

Thanks.....Buster seems happier to be included!!! :laughing: