Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Gremlin (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=36561)

Gremlin February 12th, 2007 01:02 AM

Gremlin

Hi Everyone,
I am a senior woman with an adorable rescue doggy. I found her at a site
that says they rescue death row dogs. She is a Shepherd Cross approx 4 1/2
years old. Someone has obeidience trained her & she is a darling.
I don't know why anyone would give her up. She has some fear problems
& is not fond of men so I assume she has been mistreated by a man.
However I hope I can get her over that. I lost my husband a year & a half ago then my dog died & I was devastated. Now I have a sweetie pie to love.
I guess that is about all. A friend sent me this site & I like it very much I will enjoy reading about everything. I was sad about the lost dog in Surrey. I too
live in Surrey & my doggie looks much like the lost one. Gremlin

erykah1310 February 12th, 2007 01:04 AM

welcome to the board.
Hope to hear more about you and your new addition.

hazelrunpack February 12th, 2007 01:15 AM

Hi, Gremlin, and welcome. :D We'd love to see pics of your girl! She sounds like a great dog! :cloud9:

TeriM February 12th, 2007 01:26 AM

Welcome, we'd love to see a pic of your girl :) .

chico2 February 12th, 2007 08:39 AM

From one senior(63) to another:) ,Welcome to the Forum!!!
I am sorry about your husband and your dog it must have been a very difficult year..
I am really glad you decided to get a rescue-dog,I am sure she'll shower you with love,greatful for her lucky break:dog:
If possible,we would love to see pictures:fingerscr

Winston February 12th, 2007 09:00 AM

Welcome Gremlin! Thank you for considering a rescue! There are many!

Hope to see some pictures !

Cindy

:thumbs up

breeze February 12th, 2007 09:13 AM

welcome, and i'm glad you found someone to love We would love to see some pictures :dog:

Gremlin February 13th, 2007 01:47 PM

Hi Again, I am trying to put a picture here, but so far I have not been able to. I have a macintosh which might be why it does not seem to work.
I will get someone to help me. I mostly do drag & drop on e-mail which
always works fine. Heidi likes to have her picture taken & I have many
pics. I just can't seem to put one here. I am not a techie. -- Gremlin

Loves Labs February 13th, 2007 01:57 PM

Hello & welcome!
I am so sorry to hear of your losses - that must have been very difficult.
I'm happy to hear that you & Heidi found each other and I am sure that you will take very good care of each other!

Looking forward to lots of pictures....

Lukka'sma February 13th, 2007 01:58 PM

Hello Gremlin and welcome

Gremlin February 14th, 2007 12:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of Heidi

TeriM February 14th, 2007 12:19 AM

Beautiful, happy girl :lovestruck: .

hazelrunpack February 14th, 2007 12:27 AM

She's gorgeous, Gremlin! :cloud9: She does have a very happy smile.

I'm glad you were able to figure out the picture thing :thumbs up

Loves Labs February 14th, 2007 08:07 AM

She's a beauty! I hope we get to see lots more pics....

nanagoo February 20th, 2007 08:19 AM

Hi Gremlin:
Another senior and a widow . Love your dog....what a beauty.
I too adopted a dog right after my husband died. She was my dearest companion for only 4 years due to horrific health problems in the last year but she helped me through the saddest and traumatic time of my life and she will never be forgotten.
I waited 10 years but now I am owned by Casey a white/buff cocker spaniel 6 yrs old that I adopted last summer and Jake a Jack Russell/Beagle 8 yrs old approx who arrived yesterday.
Both these dogs accepted the retirement package I offered them and they are enjoying each other and giving me lots of things to smile about.
I have a real soft spot for the senior dogs because they are so settled and they actually adapt to a new environment more easily than the younger ones.
When I hear that the only alternative is euthanasia for these animals, it breaks my heart, especially when they have been with a family for so long.
My family is complete now because I have such a small house and yard and financially would not be able to deal with more than 2 aging dogs and the resulting medical bills that may be incurred.
Casey is very healthy so far and sailed through her spaying.
Jake I am not sure what we will find at the vet visit. He also is not neutered and I fear for testicular cancer or some other problem.
Spaying and neutering early is a kindness to pets. I do not understand why most owners do not believe this.
Both of my adorable adoptees are unable to enjoy the protection afforded by early spaying/neutering. What a shame.
Nice to meet you all and I am looking so forward to reading all the interaction on this site.

CyberKitten February 20th, 2007 11:59 AM

Welcome to you and Heidi! She is certainly a cutie!!!! Sorry you had such a difficult year - let's hope this one will be much much better!!!!!

chico2 February 20th, 2007 02:46 PM

nanago,your little Cocker looks wonderful and thank you for adopting both her and Jack,I wish all senior dumped dogs would be as lucky:pray:
I have 3 cats,no dog,but I walk a little 7yr old Cocker-girl every day,a real sweety and Welcome To the Forum!!