Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Gardening (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Oh they just keep a coming! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63793)

Dee-O-Gee June 30th, 2009 09:44 PM

Oh they just keep a coming!

3 Attachment(s)
Onto round 2 & 1/2

These are the finished Rhizomes of Bearded Iris! Don't you think the tubers look like yams? :laughing: I cut them back and have to wait approximately 5 weeks to dig and divide. :D

[ATTACH]54234[/ATTACH]

Loli Pop, Loli Pop Oh Loli Loli Pop! Loli Pop Lillies just popped out today! :lovestruck:

[ATTACH]54235[/ATTACH]

This is my "Y" Rose--Yorkshire Bank accompanied by some Marigolds--[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkRed"]to keep off the aphids. :yuck:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[ATTACH]54236[/ATTACH]

Dee-O-Gee June 30th, 2009 09:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I cannot wait for the Stargazers to come out. This plant stands about 4 & 1/2 feet tall and is so sterdy. A little loli-pop is resting comfortable on it's stalk. :)

[ATTACH]54237[/ATTACH]

OH...CASABLANCA! My favorite old Climber nestled with a big bunch of Shasta Daisies. She took a beating this winter but managed to produce a couple blooms. I'm hoping that after a hard pruning, she'll come around better next year. Sing it again Sam, for old times sake!

[ATTACH]54238[/ATTACH]

Another bunch of Shasta Daisies tuck next to a pink climber, Queen Elizabeth. "The Queen" is over 45 years old and still growing strong.

Dee-O-Gee June 30th, 2009 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Queen Elizabeth meets Casablanca.....

[ATTACH]54240[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack June 30th, 2009 10:20 PM

Oh, wow! That double arch of roses :flirt:

Dee-O-Gee June 30th, 2009 10:21 PM

That's my FAVORITE rose picture--It looks like a big heart! :cloud9:

hazelrunpack June 30th, 2009 10:23 PM

Are they fragrant roses? I can just imagine the aroma... :lovestruck:

Dee-O-Gee June 30th, 2009 10:30 PM

Queen Elizabeth is very fragrant whereas Casablanca--not so much.

Casablanca produces beautiful bright red hips in the fall that add to beautiful fall arrangements. :lovestruck:

14+kitties June 30th, 2009 10:34 PM

Gorgeous plants as usual! The roses are very neat. Wish I had spots for some more and time to look after them.

CearaQC June 30th, 2009 10:42 PM

Why wait on the Iris? I've always done it right after blooming with no problems at all.

Your Lollypop is amazing! All mine are upward facing blooms and yours seem to be side facing!!

Dee-O-Gee June 30th, 2009 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=CearaQC;795292]Your Lollypop is amazing! All mine are upward facing blooms and yours seem to be side facing!![/QUOTE]

I ended up having to prop them onto the stems of my stargazers and phlox bushes. Perhaps it could also be the direction of the sun? :shrug:

Dee-O-Gee June 30th, 2009 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=CearaQC;795292]Why wait on the Iris? I've always done it right after blooming with no problems at all.

[/QUOTE]

Done what CearaQC? Dig them up and divide? My perennial book said that I should wait six weeks after blooming to divide and transplant?

Tundra_Queen July 1st, 2009 02:57 AM

Lovely gardens!!

I have those lollipop lilies too and I love them. My son bought me them for Mother's Day a long time ago.

Debbie

chico2 July 1st, 2009 07:51 AM

Love your climbing Roses,just beautiful and the Lily,the Daisies very pretty..
My Lillies are not bloming yet,but they are in a corner with not too much sun.

mollywog July 1st, 2009 07:57 AM

Beautiful gardens! That last picture of the climbing roses is breathtaking! :eek:

CearaQC July 1st, 2009 08:39 AM

[QUOTE=klmccallum;795306]Dig them up and divide? My perennial book said that I should wait six weeks after blooming to divide and transplant?[/QUOTE]

Well there are so many interpretations out there. I've seen the wait 6 six weeks thing, and others say do it right after blooming. :shrug:

EndOfFashion July 1st, 2009 09:31 AM

I just love that arch of roses, it's so romantic-looking. And WOW, 45 year-old rose? That's amazing!

Dee-O-Gee July 1st, 2009 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=EndOfFashion;795464]I just love that arch of roses, it's so romantic-looking. And WOW, 45 year-old rose? That's amazing![/QUOTE]

Well according to my neighbor when she was alive (rest her sole), she claimed that the Queen Elizabeth was planted the year they were married and that was when they were hitting their 40th anniversay. :)

chico2 July 1st, 2009 03:52 PM

We have a Rose that we brought with us from the town-houses we lived in,it is exactly 32yrs old today,Roses are amazing:thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee July 1st, 2009 04:28 PM

Your right Chico2. If you take care of them and do all the stuff they say to do, they can bring many years of joy! :lovestruck:

Fortunately, I learned how to propagate climbers and made a new baby of the Queen Elizabeth a couple years ago and planted it next to parent plant. :lightbulb: