Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Switch to Wellness Core is a success! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43698)

RaYne August 16th, 2007 09:30 AM

Switch to Wellness Core is a success!

As I mentioned previously I was going to try switching my kitties to Core since one of my cats was not too fond of Orijen. I couldn't afford to buy them each different foods, so I opted to swtich them both to Core. Turns out both my kitties love it. It smells really fishy so it also appealed to my picky kitty. Finally a food they will both eat!

I've never had any luck feeding Wellness dry foods in the past, usually it resulted in horrible loose stool, expecially with my dogs. But my kitties are having no digestive issues whatsoever.

So for those that have kitties that are turning their nose up at Orijen and want to feed grain free, give Core a try.

Love4himies August 16th, 2007 09:42 AM

I have recently tried to switch my two cats to wellness grainfree and wellness core. One cat loves it (Jasper) the other turns her nose up to it (Puddles). Puddles will eat the normal wellness as long as it has fish in it.

Kristin7 August 19th, 2007 10:51 AM

My cats love this food too! They did really well on it after I switched them from Felidae. Then, after the first bag I mistakenly bought Serengeti food... they don't seem to like it as much and have gained weight despite eating less of it, so I'm switching them back to the Core Wellness asap!

rainbow August 19th, 2007 01:39 PM

[B]RaYne,[/B] after all the trouble you had with Bubba, I'm so glad everything is working out well with the kitties. :highfive:

RaYne August 20th, 2007 10:37 AM

Thanks Rainbow! Bubba is doing awesome on Orijen! I couldn't be happier with it. I'm feeding them both the adult formula but I think I might rotate with the 6 fish just for a change periodically.

Now I wish Orijen made the 6 fish for cats, I guarantee my cats would both love it, they love anything fishy.

Love4himies August 20th, 2007 11:56 AM

[QUOTE=Kristin7;466567]My cats love this food too! They did really well on it after I switched them from Felidae. Then, after the first bag I mistakenly bought Serengeti food... they don't seem to like it as much and have gained weight despite eating less of it, so I'm switching them back to the Core Wellness asap![/QUOTE]

May I ask why you decided to switch from Felidae?

rainbow August 20th, 2007 01:14 PM

[QUOTE=RaYne;467010]Thanks Rainbow! Bubba is doing awesome on Orijen! I couldn't be happier with it. I'm feeding them both the adult formula but I think I might rotate with the 6 fish just for a change periodically.

Now I wish Orijen made the 6 fish for cats, I guarantee my cats would both love it, they love anything fishy.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling they will likely introduce it soon. You should email them and ask.....they're good about answering. :thumbs up

Kristin7 August 20th, 2007 02:01 PM

Love4himies - I don't quite recall... I think I just wanted to give them some variety. I may also have wanted to try them on a grain-free brand. I did like the Felidae, though. Overall, of the three foods, I liked the Core best, mostly based on coat quality for one of my cats (she stopped getting mats in her fur). I liked the food shape for both the Core and Felidae as I have a fast-eater and she had to slow down to chew her food. On the Serengeti food, as mentioned, they seem to be gaining weight and the fur mats are back. One of them doesn't even eat much of it - I don't think she likes the taste much, however, she still looks bigger to me. Incidently, due to my unintentional food switch, the cats did not get the new food (Serengeti) mixed in slowly w/ the old (Core), but instead were switched to it in one day, however, neither of them had any digestive upset at all and both tend to have sensitive stomachs.