Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Big Bob#2 (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=3927)

Bill & Bob April 14th, 2004 06:36 PM

Big Bob#2

1 Attachment(s)
This is a bit better picture of him in the snow. My god, I'm becoming the parent I never wanted to be. If my friends knew I was going on like this, they'd laugh and laugh and laugh. I can hear it now, "Oh what a proud father!". Can't believe that someone just let him loose out in Surrey. They found him wandering around just before xmas. I got him three weeks later. The woman at the SPCA said they were kind of worried if he would get adopted because he's a pretty big boy. We hit it off right away.

cmt489 April 14th, 2004 06:54 PM

Bill,

He is absolutely beautiful!! What are the odds that you would have photos of him from our very few snow days around Christmas! Have you found good dog parks to take him to around here or are you still looking for buddies for him? I don't recognize him as one of the dogs that has the daily evening meeting down at the park in Coal Harbour so I am guessing that you are not downtown (or if you are, not in the Coal Harbour area...). Looks like you both lucked out when you found each other!

Michelle

ps I think EVERY pet owner who loves his or her pet has become that parent that he or she did not want to become! I know I sure have!!:D

amaruq April 15th, 2004 07:57 AM

OOOOHHHH gorgeous!

Luba April 15th, 2004 07:58 AM

I love his toes, look at those toes!!!

mona_b April 15th, 2004 08:05 AM

Oh Luba................LMAO

mona_b April 15th, 2004 08:08 AM

The more I look at Bob,the more I see Belgian Malinois in him.....Just my observation....:D

chico2 April 15th, 2004 08:34 AM

Bill,I can see how you just had to rescue him,he's wonderful.
You know,what is also wonderful? I think you are just about the only male in this Forum:p
No,we also have Woodbyter,but that's it...So,welcome to the Forum Bill!!!

Catt31 April 15th, 2004 08:53 AM

Wow Bill...he is beautiful!!!! Congrats!! I know I have become a neurotic photographer of my babies lately too!!! People think I'm nuts!! But I am...nuts about my fur bums!!! :D They just don't understand!! ;)

Bill & Bob April 15th, 2004 01:36 PM

Hey Folks,
Yup Mona, they said at the SPCA he was German/Belgian mix. Some people said maybe Akita (spelling?) too. Don't think so myself. Belgian owners are neurotic people I've found. Well, not neurotic but fanatical. I've had them come running up to me from half a block away to look at him, and talk and talk and talk about them. Very funny. Very obsessive. I'm learning more about dog people every day, and gradually converting myself to my surprise. I find this website to be a good venue, and that way I don't talk to my friends about dogs all the time. It can get a bit much I guess.

Yeah, I noticed that yesterday that I'm the only male that I've seen on this board. It's quite a change from the hockey message boards I usually check out. It's very huggy and squeezey and smiley around here. Very funny. No swearing or name calling. No 12 year old keyboard cowboy morons telling me they are going to "get up in my grill" or kill me because I said our goalie sucks. Message boards are an interesting thing I'm finding.

Anyhoo, yup Bob's a handsome lad.

Catt31 April 15th, 2004 02:01 PM

LMAO Bill!!! Good for you for not running scared from a huggy squeezy smiley message board!!!! And welcome! Your sense of humor is a nice break from the sometimes heart wrenching posts! :D

mona_b April 15th, 2004 02:01 PM

Nope,no Akita........:D

Nope,no swearing or name calling on here.We are one BIG happy family......Right guys.....:D

Catt31 April 15th, 2004 02:02 PM

Right on Mona!!!! :D

mona_b April 15th, 2004 02:07 PM

(((((((((((( HUGS )))))))))) to my sistas and new brother.....

:D

mona_b April 15th, 2004 02:08 PM

Catt,I have been meaning to ask you this.What is a Anole?

chico2 April 15th, 2004 02:13 PM

Well,funny you should ask,I've meant to ask many times,also what is a Beta? Something wiggly I'm sure:D

mona_b April 15th, 2004 02:14 PM

Well for the Betta,it's a very pretty fish.....:D

deerclan April 15th, 2004 03:36 PM

great pic of bob....It's truly great to see another dog adopted into a loving home....This goes to show you can find a great companion(friend) at your local shelter or SPCA, Our family lucked out also at finding great dog too.

Good luck with BOB

DeerClan

Catt31 April 15th, 2004 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A betta is a fish..siamese fighting fish.

An anole is a lizardy type thing...small and green. The pic is very red cuz of the heat lamp, but you can see Annie hanging out on top of the rock. They are only about the size of your hand, head to tip of their tail lengthwise. We lost Ollie, the other anole about a month ago...he was very sick. RIP :(

Catt31 April 15th, 2004 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a better pic..this is Ollie, the one who died recently. :(

deerclan April 15th, 2004 05:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Bill you should get a digital camera and save them on CD that way you can share some more pics of Bob,some film shops will even print your digital pictures for you just like a roll of film,Just another great way of catching moments like this picture.

mona_b April 15th, 2004 05:59 PM

AWWWWW,I'm so sorry about Ollie....(((((HUGS))))

I LOVE Gechos...I have a few pics of them whe I went to Mexico...I even held them...And when Kyra and I go for our walks off the resort,I would say heeeeeere Liiiizard Liiiiizard...You had to be there...LOL.....Kyra thought I was nuts...LOL

amaruq April 15th, 2004 08:07 PM

We call Liz ...Lizard all the time. She looks like a Lizard even though she is a dog.

Happy happy happy Family! I wuv you guys! What a suck up I am or what!

(((Catt and Ollie)))[IMG]http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/fk/hearts.gif[/IMG]

Karin April 15th, 2004 08:22 PM

Lmao @ this entire thread!

Can ya tell I am still learning my way around? I just now saw this!

My what big paws you have Bob!

Very handsome..

chico2 April 15th, 2004 09:33 PM

I actually love lizards too,Iguanas,Geckos and now Anoles:D (well,what don't I love?)
I think they are such perfectly made creatures..but as always I prefer to see them in their own habitat.
So many people do not take care of them properly,but Catt31,I guess you know plenty about them.
The siamese fighting fish are beautiful too,a friend of mine had one in a vase together with a plant,it died after a week and I thought that was sad,but to her he was disposable,right down the toilet:(
Your house must be really interesting,you are a teacher,right?
Do you teach zoology:D

Catt31 April 16th, 2004 10:22 AM

Thanks gang!! (((((hugs))))))) The anoles and house geckos we have are VERY fast, I've never held them. Here's a funny story about George the house gecko.

About a year ago, Tux knocked over their terrarium (which stupidly was plastic), it busted and the 3 little ones got out (Annie, Ollie and George). We caught the 2 anoles quite quickly - within a couple days, but George was missing for about 3 months.....I guess eating the bugs in the apartment and stuff...ugh!! Poor guy, I thought he was a goner!! I saw him one day and tried to catch him with a bowl...I'm sure I looked absolutely ridiculous chasing this speedy thing across the living room wall!!! Didn't get him, but about a week later in the middle of the night, we heard this big crash, so Tim got up to see what was up. Tux, had wedged himself up on our bookshelf and was staring at George!! He trapped him! Tim got a cup and was standing there, George jumped off the shelf (probably felt like 3000 feet to the little dude), landed on Tim's foot and sat there stunned. When we put him back in his new glass tank, we noticed he was missing his tail! So either it came off because of stress or Tux bit it!! There was blood so I'm assuming Tuxy kitty got it!!! Anyways, his tail has grown back but its still not as long as it used to be and you can tell where the new growth is!! Its pretty cool. I'm just glad we found him before we moved...it would have been hard leaving knowing he was in that apartment somewhere!!

I've had Sonic (Betta) for over a year now.... I'm amazed at how long he's lived. Silent Bob, the other Betta has been around almost a year now!! As for knowing lots about reptiles, I'm still learning. They were Tim's passion when I met him, so I've been learning a lot as we go!! I still can't stomach "feeding time".....the crickets and silkworms just ick me out!! I won't even mention the special "treat" they get .... pinkies (baby mice) :( I can't be in the room when Tim feeds them!! Makes me cry!!!

Our house is interesting especially since every critter needs a different amount and type of care, we are always doing something with one or another of the critters! Thank God Brick is a good sleeper after he's had a long day of play and walks!!!

Yes I am a teacher - elementary!! The kids think its cool that I have so many pets. We have a betta in the classroom too which I's sure I will inherit in June...so that will be one more pet to add to our zoo!! I've only ever taken in the snails for them to see, as its pretty traumatic to move the lizards around...and their tank is HEAVY!!!! LOL

Ok, that was a long post!!! Wake up everyone!!! ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

How old is Bob??

Bill & Bob April 16th, 2004 05:49 PM

Yup, Bob does have big feet. He ripped one of his rear dew claws out about a week ago at the park. Just hard running. Just the nail though and it was a clean pull out from what I can tell. He didn't even make a noise. I didn't even notice until a woman there said "Oh my god, there's blood all over your leg!". Bob the little devil wiped his bloody leg all over me and I hadn't noticed. Anyhoo, kept it clean and he almost doesn't lick it at all now.

Best guess on Bob's age is about 1-2 years. That's what the SPCA said, but his teeth are pretty shiny and white so I'm thinking closer to one year. He still acts like a big dumb puppy sometimes too, which is entertaining. He kind of bowls other dogs over in the park though, which isn't good. Hard to teach a dog how to play though since they don't speak English very well.