Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Gardening (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   my new garden (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77727)

edwina July 2nd, 2011 03:59 PM

my new garden

3 Attachment(s)
This is my herb and veggie garden that i started in front of my house, its still in progress, i had to move my raised beds because they were destroyed last year when they put in the water line to the house. I also want to put a patio in next year where the fountain is. But i think its starting to look nice. :)

edwina July 2nd, 2011 04:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More....

edwina July 2nd, 2011 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last one for now. :)

edwina July 2nd, 2011 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is what it looked like last fall when we got the house done, and new steps put on, before veggie/herb beds and flowers. :)

mikischo July 2nd, 2011 04:30 PM

Wow, Edwina! You have really put a lot of work into it.:thumbs up

It looks like a well established garden already. Hard to believe it looked like the last picture only last year.

I also like the raised beds for the vegetable garden. You can sure get a lot more things planted in a small area.

hazelrunpack July 2nd, 2011 06:34 PM

It's looking so lush and colorful! Quite a change from last year's pic! :cloud9: Do you use a lot of fresh herbs in your cooking?

Goldfields July 2nd, 2011 06:34 PM

Wow is the word, alright. Well done, Edwina. It must be very satisfying to see it come along so fast.

edwina July 2nd, 2011 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1016361]It's looking so lush and colorful! Quite a change from last year's pic! :cloud9: Do you use a lot of fresh herbs in your cooking?[/QUOTE]
I am a veggie girl and yes i like using herbs. :) I just never had to do without a veggie garden until last year, when dad was sick and we were putting in the new house i didnt have time. It was terrible without a veggie garden. :( So i decided to fix my raised beds this spring and get my garden going. My tomatoes are huge. I dont remember ever seeing them that big. :) I want to put in another raised bed next year to the left of these for more room. You cant see them but behind the beds are 4 big pots, 2 with squash and 2 with cucumbers. I ran out of room in the beds. :)

edwina July 2nd, 2011 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=mikischo;1016357] I also like the raised beds for the vegetable garden. You can sure get a lot more things planted in a small area.[/QUOTE]
I have to use raised beds, our ground is so wet, and clay, that it takes forever in the spring early summer to get anything started because you cant till the ground. :(

Dee-O-Gee July 2nd, 2011 11:07 PM

Enjoy looking at before and after pictures and your's truly show a labor of love Edwina! :lovestruck:

The raised beds really add character to the entrance and I'm sure they'll be even more rewarding when you walk out your door and pick your ingredients for your daily meals. Nothing better then fresh veggies and herbs. :thumbs up

Great pictures and thank you for sharing. :)

14+kitties July 3rd, 2011 11:18 AM

Very nice Edwina. You've been busy. :thumbs up