Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Molly's makeshift cold weather wear (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60209)

otter January 25th, 2009 03:20 PM

Molly's makeshift cold weather wear

Molly and I are having a rough go these days but I took these pictures and they made me smile... and smiles are best shared with friends so, I post them for you.

It's been COLD and with Molly not being so well, I'm trying to keep her warm when she wants to venture outside.

First try... a way too small jacket with a fleese blanket underneath :thumbs up
Worked pretty well but was so NOT stylish
[IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/SXzG4ZVdeeI/AAAAAAAACYY/Gm1HUMzQNSA/s640/IMG_4088.JPG[/IMG]

and it didn't cover her belly...

So, I tried out one of my vests on her
[IMG]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/SXzG6ena6dI/AAAAAAAACYg/cEbl6zMlaHM/s640/IMG_4090.JPG[/IMG]

I think it worked out really well! :thumbs up and the black absorbs some of the sun for extra heating capacity :thumbs up:thumbs up

Not too shabby
[IMG]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/SXzG-Z_JQ1I/AAAAAAAACYw/XK18GjhLMws/s576/IMG_4098.JPG[/IMG]

Perfect ball chewing gear :cloud9:
[IMG]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_IQVP0j2YCM8/SXzG_wMaLuI/AAAAAAAACY8/lc7W_JsP4SM/s640/IMG_4094.JPG[/IMG]

sorry no standing pics.... she's having a mostly laying down day

hazelrunpack January 25th, 2009 03:46 PM

The vest was a great idea! :highfive: although I thought the first solution was pretty snazzy. :D Looks really warm and actually pretty sylish...that layered look is [I]in[/I], y'know. :thumbs up

But the vest was a stroke of genious--warm but not too bulky!

I love the "Not too shabby" picture--she looks so regal! :flirt:

otter January 25th, 2009 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;737880]The vest was a great idea! :highfive: although I thought the first solution was pretty snazzy. :D Looks really warm and actually pretty sylish...that layered look is [I]in[/I], y'know. :thumbs up

But the vest was a stroke of genious--warm but not too bulky!

I love the "Not too shabby" picture--she looks so regal! :flirt:[/QUOTE]

Ya, the vest has worked really well... wish I had of thought of it earlier. Even the zipper up the back works well, easier than velcro and the vest is big enough that I can lift it away from her fur to zip up.

I too love the "not too shabby" shot... just gotta find me a really good photoshop editor to take out the garbage in the background :D

hazelrunpack January 25th, 2009 04:28 PM

She looks comfy enough in it--plus very proud to be wearing something of mom's! :cloud9:

bendyfoot January 25th, 2009 04:32 PM

Wonderful solution! She looks proud of her "designer" outfit!!!:D:grouphug:

Smiley14 January 25th, 2009 04:35 PM

Otter, what are Molly's measurements? I might have something that could fit her. I have SO many big dog coats, it's ridiculous! She looks happy to be outside though! :lovestruck: And I think your ideas were actually really clever! I had to do the vest thing with Petey once too when we were on a trip and it was much colder than expected. :laughing:

chico2 January 25th, 2009 04:48 PM

It's nce to see Molly,she has the prettiest old girl face:lovestruck:
She looks great in whatever she's wearing,the cold does not seem to bother her too much,since she's laying down. Love Molly:lovestruck:

14+kitties January 25th, 2009 06:05 PM

Aww Molly. Stylin' and Profilin'! So cute in Mom's vest. Well, I guess it's her vest now. ;) She is such a sweet girl. :cloud9:

Diamondsmum January 25th, 2009 06:17 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwww Molly pics Soo pretty in her vest :)

Is there treats in her pockets ?:D

Huggs otter I think I have the same kinda thing here I will have to try on Diamond.

angeldogs January 25th, 2009 06:22 PM

The vest looks good one her,but hey Molly could make anything look good one her.:thumbs up

Chris21711 January 25th, 2009 06:39 PM

Molly is beautiful Otter :lovestruck: she has such a soulful face.

Sad to hear that she is going through a bit of a rough period :pray: that it passes soon for her and she gets back to feeling her old self again.

luckypenny January 25th, 2009 08:09 PM

There's beautiful Molly-girl :cloud9:. Give her a big hug and kiss for me, will you [B]Otter[/B]? I just love the look on her face in the last pic :lovestruck:.

ancientgirl January 25th, 2009 08:20 PM

She looks pretty darn good to me. Is that a childs vest? You could always get her a couple in different colors.:D

TeriM January 25th, 2009 10:10 PM

Molly looks beautiful in those pictures :cloud9:. I love that even when she isn't feeling well she still loves her ball and has a smile for you :lovestruck:.

otter January 25th, 2009 11:05 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;737912]It's nce to see Molly,she has the prettiest old girl face:lovestruck:
She looks great in whatever she's wearing,the cold does not seem to bother her too much,since she's laying down. Love Molly:lovestruck:[/QUOTE]
I think she has to lay down... she hasn't perfected standing and keeping all her paws off the ground :laughing: As soon as she was standing she was all "my paws are cold, my paws are cold" holding them up one after another :angel:

[QUOTE=14+kitties;737957]Aww Molly. Stylin' and Profilin'! So cute in Mom's vest. Well, I guess it's her vest now. ;) She is such a sweet girl. :cloud9:[/QUOTE] Molly's, mine... no difference, everything I own has a bit of Molly on it :laughing:

[QUOTE=Diamondsmum;737965]Awwwwwwwwwwwww Molly pics Soo pretty in her vest :)

Is there treats in her pockets ?:D

Huggs otter I think I have the same kinda thing here I will have to try on Diamond.[/QUOTE]
If there was treats in the pockets... there probably wouldn't be pockets :laughing: Someone would have chewed them out (not Molly, of course). Good idea though :thumbs up
For Diamond you'll probably need to do a little nip and tuck to reduce the amount of fabric in the body... I used safety pins but you'd probably want to use thread to be safe.

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;738009]She looks pretty darn good to me. Is that a childs vest? You could always get her a couple in different colors.:D[/QUOTE] :laughing: ADULT XL ... need to have a bigger size to accommodate the neck and length in the body. Molly might be bigger than ya think :D

otter January 25th, 2009 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=Smiley14;737908]Otter, what are Molly's measurements? I might have something that could fit her. I have SO many big dog coats, it's ridiculous! She looks happy to be outside though! :lovestruck: And I think your ideas were actually really clever! I had to do the vest thing with Petey once too when we were on a trip and it was much colder than expected. :laughing:[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much Smiley14, I really appreciate the offer :thumbs up I'm afraid Molly might not make enough use of it though :sad: I'm terrified to order anything for her, cause she might not be here when it arrives :sad::sad: Sorry to be so depressing... but I know the end is not far off

[QUOTE=angeldogs;737966]The vest looks good one her,but hey Molly could make anything look good one her.:thumbs up[/QUOTE]
Awe, I'm sure Molly blushed when I told her :lovestruck:

[QUOTE=Chris21711;737978]Molly is beautiful Otter :lovestruck: she has such a soulful face.

Sad to hear that she is going through a bit of a rough period :pray: that it passes soon for her and she gets back to feeling her old self again.[/QUOTE]
Chris... I so appreciate you thoughts and optimism. :goodvibes:

[QUOTE=luckypenny;738002]There's beautiful Molly-girl :cloud9:. Give her a big hug and kiss for me, will you [B]Otter[/B]? I just love the look on her face in the last pic :lovestruck:.[/QUOTE]
[B]YOU BET![/B]:thumbs up

angeldogs January 26th, 2009 12:29 AM

I do hope it helped make her day along with the rest of compliments.she is a beauty.

krdahmer January 26th, 2009 01:35 AM

Aw she looks much happier in mom's vest I think!!!:cloud9: Such a beautiful girl in anything she wears! :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper January 26th, 2009 03:08 AM

Molly :lovestruck: enjoying some sun & some Toy chewing :cloud9: :2huggers:

Love4himies January 26th, 2009 08:10 AM

Awwwww sweet Molly :lovestruck: :cloud9:. Such a lovable face.