Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   My Girls are Being Spayed (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=5808)

mizzlittle July 23rd, 2004 05:07 AM

My Girls are Being Spayed

My lord I'm worried to the point of distraction and tears as I type my little ones are lying on the operating table being spayed - I've bitten all my nails off and I have snapped at nearly every person who has even looked at me! I'm so worried about them and no one seems to understand!!! I've been told to give it over they are just pets!!! JUST!!! They are my kids, my family!!! I don't know what I would do without them

buriedinfur July 23rd, 2004 09:53 AM

They are not JUST pets they are your family, so boot anyone out who gives you that line. Your babies should be just fine though, spaying is quite safe. Feel free to phone your vet for updates, when I was working clinic, I thought that it was always cute when an owner did this, you can mabey even ask them to call you right after the surgery is done to allay your fears. It will always bee nervewracking to send a loved one under the knife, but it is the best for them. Hang in there!

Princesss04 July 23rd, 2004 09:56 AM

I know you are worried but they will be okay. The vets know what they are doing and this is a normal procedure for them. Hang in there and in a little while call and check on them that is what I did with my cat. Are you bringing them home today or are they spending the night. They are lucky to have someone love them as much as you do! :D

Lucky Rescue July 23rd, 2004 10:01 AM

WE understand! I worried like crazy each time one of mine was being spayed or neutered - even my rat! But they were all fine, and I'm sure yours will be too! :D

heidiho July 23rd, 2004 10:02 AM

Dogs and cats are spayed everyday,i think they will be just fine..

wAggie July 23rd, 2004 11:11 AM

omg I know how you feel!

My bf at the time was actually to the point of tears at the vet's when he went to drop the Ho off!!

not to worry, she'll be allllllllll right :D

Luba July 23rd, 2004 12:42 PM

Oh it's hard but things will be okay! You'll be fine once you know that they are...now go get your emery board out and file those nails. When you pick them up you don't want those chewed on edges getting snagged in fur! LOL

glasslass July 23rd, 2004 04:14 PM

I identify completely! If no one around you understands, it's their loss. Obviously, they don't know the joy either! They'll be fine! :)

dmc123 July 23rd, 2004 05:18 PM

I know how you feel, mizzlittle, I tried as best as I could not to worry, but still worried about all of mine until I heard from the vet...they know I will call soon after the surgery.(they've seen me a lot). It is such a nice feeling when you hear they are doing fine. They'll be home with you soon, if not already.

Your girls are lucky that you care so much :)