Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   PNE 2007 pics (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44181)

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 08:34 PM

PNE 2007 pics

3 Attachment(s)
Some Pics of the Pacific National Exibition 2007 in Vancouver BC

pic 1 & 2 interesting statue/water garden added to the park in the last coupla years

pic 3 contest to build something out of cans that will be donated to the food bank - these are 3-d & held together with only scotch tape & cardboard

breeze August 30th, 2007 08:37 PM

pic 3 the wonders of the imagination :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 08:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
pic 1 & 2 also the cans pic 2 is a strawberry on the back of an ant!
pic 3 House of Cards! in a sealed chamber nothing holding the cards together the tallest structure in the middle is a representation of The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 08:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
pic 1 is also the same house of cards (but focus on the right of the Hotel) the round structure is a representation of The Vancouver Public Library building main branch in downtown. I couldn't figure out what the other buildings were supposed to be :shrug: but so cool!

pic 2 is the CardMaster at work
pic 3 amazing sandsculptures

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 08:45 PM

3 Attachment(s)
pic 1 & 2 more sand sculptures
pic 3 this came in 3rd place but I thought it should've been 1st! in the bottom right hand corner there is a little gargoyle! Check out the drawbridge too. WOW

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 08:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
pic 1 this was the 1st place winner from Russia - I love the boots
pic 2 & 3 baby bunnies :cloud9: :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 08:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
pic 1 this is the mascot for a farm in the Fraser Valley this bull is HUGE over 6' tall & many many tonnes
pic 2 not so little baby Clydesdale :lovestruck:
pic 3 one of the many set ups for the SuperDogs show for this one there are 2 dogs that run @ the same time opposite sides they start under the SD sign run towards camera through the 1st tunnel through the jumps, through the tunnel then over jumps & tunnel over jumps, through center corner tunnel then over the last jumps in the middle of the floor to the 2 podiums closest to the camera on the bottom of the screen. Those dogs love to run! So funny when they decide to go off course & not where they should :D

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 09:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A couple of pics of the SuperDogs getting some lovin' from adoring fans after the shows

pic 1 A pair of Sibes Kodiak is in the background, I don't remember the front ones name :o

pic 2 Border Collie from Brazil named Whipstart (?) something like that

pic 3 Blue Merle Rough Collie named Flint, the guy also has a tan & white named Creed & a tri colour named Treasure those 3 running a timed obsticle course [I]all at the same time [/I]was priceless!!

hazelrunpack August 30th, 2007 09:08 PM

The card house and sand sculptures are absolutely breathtaking! :eek:

At first I thought the baby bunnies were the most exquisite sand sculptures I'd ever seen...but the hazel poked me in the ribs and told me they were real. :o

That castle is just awesome, though! :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 09:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more superdogs :D

pic 1 a Shepard mix rescued from a Vancouver animal shelter again I can't remember her name :o there are so many dogs & they alternate throughout shows
pic 2 the Sibes delivering something to the announcer via cart

Alot of the dogs are rescues from various shelters, there was a boxer mix who was rescued a couple of years ago from a Humane Shelter - the dog was going to be pts because he was deemed "untrainable" & aggressive - the shelter allowed the SuperDog handler to give the dog a chance & he is now a well trained well behaved SuperDog. They also have little dogs too, this year included a Boston, a Yorkie & a Papillion

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=breeze;471585]pic 3 the wonders of the imagination :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

they were very neat & all the food goes to the food bank :thumbs up

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;471623]The card house and sand sculptures are absolutely breathtaking! :eek:

At first I thought the baby bunnies were the most exquisite sand sculptures I'd ever seen...but the hazel poked me in the ribs and told me they were real. :o

That castle is just awesome, though! :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

CardHouse was amazing to see the guy working on it too, but they wouldn't allow you to see the back while he was working, I just hope he's not sneezy :D Baby bunnies were all sleeping in the box except 1 who was sleeping under mom, not in the box :D Castle was so cool, can't believe that was 3rd place :shrug:

TeriM August 30th, 2007 09:26 PM

Cool pics growler. I haven't made it over yet this year but hopefully maybe this weekend :fingerscr . I love the superdogs :cloud9: .

Frenchy August 30th, 2007 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=growler;471632]more superdogs :D

pic 1 a Shepard mix rescued from a Vancouver animal shelter again I can't remember her name :o there are so many dogs & they alternate throughout shows
[/QUOTE]

She looks like LP's Lucky !

Love the bunnies and the baby horse and the superdogs :cloud9:

Lukka'sma August 30th, 2007 10:32 PM

Wow so many good photos. I love the sand sculptures and the cards. The bunnies are my fav though....I LOVES BUNNIES

mummummum August 30th, 2007 11:36 PM

What a super show it must have been ~ so much to see and do packed into one day! I've seen a couple of Superdog shows ~ they are great fun. Sand sculpture can be so exquisite it's breathtaking.

growler~GateKeeper August 30th, 2007 11:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another one for you Mx3
this was 2nd place

there was lots more stuff but they still could've added more, a historical BC event/showcase would be great. There are also horse shows, acrobats etc plus there are also lots of rides & games too.

marko August 31st, 2007 01:51 PM

wow - a lot of really cool shots there. Got to get to Van. again sometime soon. It's been a number of years

breeze August 31st, 2007 01:57 PM

these are all great pictures.... lots to see

but I think I like the sand sculptures the best :thumbs up

Rick C August 31st, 2007 03:08 PM

I love the first Super Dog picture, with all the hands coming in. Well done.

Lots of interesting sights at the PNE.

Rick C
[url]www.goldentales.ca[/url]

growler~GateKeeper September 1st, 2007 02:01 AM

Thanks all :o

Yes Marko a trip to Van should be in everyone's future plans :D

Rick C The SuperDogs were so great with all the kids who wanted endless pets & kisses.

Breeze the Sandsculpturers are from all around the world, they started doing them @ the PNE just a few years ago

Lukka'sma yeah those baby bunnies were darn cute!

Byrd September 1st, 2007 11:49 AM

It looks fairly similar to the CNE (Canadain National Exhibition) here in Toronto which is ending this weekend. There's a midway with games and rides, lots of vendors from far and wide, horse shows, the SuperDogs of course (my trainer and a few others I perform with in the demos are there performing, maybe in a couple of years we will be too), oh and let's not forget the food building :cloud9: . It's fun to go to, but I haven't been for years.

Those sand sculptures are really cool!

rainbow September 1st, 2007 06:20 PM

[QUOTE=growler]Yes Marko a trip to Van should be in everyone's future plans :D [/QUOTE]

Make sure you all drive through the beautiful Kootenays first. :cloud9: :thumbs up :D

Awesome pics.....the sandcastles are great :thumbs up and the Sibes :lovestruck: The Can Building Contest with the cans being donated to the food bank is an excellent idea. :highfive:

But, I have one question......where's the pic of the mini donuts? :D

Byrd September 1st, 2007 07:09 PM

Oh, you guys have Tiny Toms too!!! Yummy!

growler~GateKeeper September 1st, 2007 11:31 PM

[QUOTE=Byrd;472231]It looks fairly similar to the CNE (Canadain National Exhibition) here in Toronto which is ending this weekend. There's a midway with games and rides, lots of vendors from far and wide, horse shows, the SuperDogs of course (my trainer and a few others I perform with in the demos are there performing, maybe in a couple of years we will be too), oh and let's not forget the food building :cloud9: . It's fun to go to, but I haven't been for years.

Those sand sculptures are really cool![/QUOTE]

Yup it sounds about the same Byrd. We also have a Home Depot home improvement building, a Farm Country (like 4H) building where the bunnies, chicks & ducks were they also had an enclosed active bee hive with tubing allowing the bees outside & back in (& selling the honey), also stalls you can pet the horses, llamas etc. Plus they also have the PNE Prize Home there is a draw to enter to win the home - the actual house is @ the PNE then they dismantal it to move it to the final location, you get furnishings included & maid service for a year, & a $10,000 pre paid Visa card :eek: :thumbs up

Here's a virtual tour [url]http://www.pne.ca/pneprizehome/virtualtour/tours/index.htm[/url]

The best little donuts are: "The Original Those Little Donuts" :cloud9: yummy!

I didn't know you & Willow were in with the SuperDogs - very cool!

[QUOTE=rainbow;472303]But, I have one question......where's the pic of the mini donuts? :D[/QUOTE]

:o I ate them all instead of taking pics of them :o

rainbow September 1st, 2007 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=growler] :o I ate them all instead of taking pics of them :o [/QUOTE]

:p :p :p :p