Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Posting (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=13092)

andone March 14th, 2005 02:37 PM

Posting

see, the problem is that people are asking for ADVICE or HELP to their problems, or just someone to talk to. Obviously, the decision has already been made, or they can't afford to get their pet fixed. Constantly suggesting getting the animal fixed, DOESN'T HELP. You aren't answering their question, just forcing your own opinion on them.

Lucky Rescue March 14th, 2005 03:13 PM

Did you mean to post this in the thread about the 4lb pregnant cat?

The original poster explained the situation, then asked:
[QUOTE]What would your suggestions be?[/QUOTE]

We were asked for advice. Everyone gave suggestions to have the cat spayed(and the other cat neutered), some offered to adopt the cat, pay for the vet, drive TO the vet,etc.

What would YOUR suggestion be? I'd really like to know.

chico2 March 14th, 2005 05:40 PM

I am not sure what poster you are talking about,but regarding the 4lb pregnant cat,we gave advice,help was offered....and our advice was not based on our opinions but on facts,you ask for advice,you'll get it here...many people and pets have been helped by knowledgable people on this Forum.
But I would never condone risking a little 4lb females life out of sheer ignorance.Spaying/Neutering is a MUST to ensure your cat/dog will have a long happy life,without adding to the thousands of animals being killed every year in shelters or freezing to death outside.
S/N is NOT an opinion but an absolutely necessary procedure.

Prin March 14th, 2005 07:12 PM

[QUOTE=andone]see, the problem is that people are asking for ADVICE or HELP to their problems, or just someone to talk to. Obviously, the decision has already been made, or they can't afford to get their pet fixed. Constantly suggesting getting the animal fixed, DOESN'T HELP. You aren't answering their question, just forcing your own opinion on them.[/QUOTE]
Didn't you receive an email when you signed up that said be prepared for trouble if you say you are not going to neuter your animal? And if anyone can come up with a reason to not neuter their pet, other than for breeding purposes of course, I'd like to hear it. Most of the time the reason is "because it is not natural". Well there are a lot of things we do that are not natural, like having a pet in the first place.

If you want support for not getting the surgery, you won't find it here.

heidiho March 15th, 2005 09:53 AM

There are plenty of places that have low cost spay and neuter,i know the rabies animal control here has it on saturdays for 60.00.

Britishvixen21 March 15th, 2005 10:04 AM

What post are you reffering to im confused!!! (but then that isnt hard) :party: