Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Bird has been adopted (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72251)

14+kitties August 28th, 2010 08:15 PM

Bird has been adopted

My Peach faced love bird, who's partner died in the spring, has been adopted by my brother. :cloud9: I have been feeling guilty because I haven't had the time to spend with him to tame him and socialize him. My brother and sister in law were visiting last night and my bro said he would take him. :thumbs up He now has a cockateil "sister" who has a cage hanging close to his and a brand new very large cage to fly in. His new name is Joey.
My SIL wanted a kitten but my bro put his foot down and said no, two dogs, two cats and two birds are enough. :laughing:

Love4himies August 28th, 2010 08:31 PM

Awwww, now they have pairs of everything :thumbs up :lovestruck:. Of course, 4 cats or 2 cats, just as much work, so I can't believe they didn't take 2 kittens :shrug: :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee August 28th, 2010 10:16 PM

Awh..that's so sweet of your bro and SIL for taking in little Joey :lovestruck:

:highfive: to your SIL for discussing another kidd-ay. Can't blame a girl for trying! :shrug: :D

chico2 August 29th, 2010 07:43 AM

14+,that's great for Joey,I always thought that he might be a little lonely and you are certainly busy enough.
:grouphug:to your brother

Chris21711 August 30th, 2010 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;947871]My Peach faced love bird, who's partner died in the spring, has been adopted by my brother. :cloud9:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Does he want two more 14k.....:D[/B][/COLOR]

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully your Brother isn't tempted to put the two birds in the same cage...when Ethel brought Lovey :evil: home we put her in the flight cage with the two Cockatiels and she terrorized them :frustrated:

14+kitties August 30th, 2010 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;948093]Hopefully your Brother isn't tempted to put the two birds in the same cage...when Ethel brought Lovey :evil: home we put her in the flight cage with the two Cockatiels and she terrorized them :frustrated:[/QUOTE]

My bro has had other birds in the past. All older when he got them. He kept their cages when they passed and Joey went with the one that was here. His OH had mentioned putting them in together. I said to start slowly and put the cages closer together if they seemed as though they were getting along ok. Eventually if the cages were side by side and they were on the walls closest to each other it may be safe enough to try to put them in together. At least that's what I've read to do. Right at the moment he is going to be working on taming him and letting him out of the cage occasionally.
It's funny. The first night they phoned and told me to come get my *&%%#$#$@# bird because he was too loud!! Told him to suck it up and deal. :thumbs up He's a good guy. :cloud9:

Dog Dancer August 30th, 2010 10:34 AM

Being good folks must run in the family then! Glad Joey has a new friend. :thumbs up Bro and OH.