Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Could roxy love me that much!!a little worried (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=61899)

heidiho April 2nd, 2009 08:07 PM

Could roxy love me that much!!a little worried

Ok,so i dont know why she is doing this but am worried..The days i do work i leave at 8:00am and dont get home til 5:00 my mom has been telling me the whole time i am gone she stya in the bed under the covers and does not come out til come home.which yeah when i walk in the door i dont even have to speak and i can hear her collar jingling as she comes out to the lving room.mom says she goes in there throughout the day and will pet her,and pull covers back and talk to her as she pets her,but still nothing,she wont come out.Now when i am home she will let them pet her(which she does do when mom goes in room)she will lay in kitchen basically she will stay out..I am feeling really bad about this,that is over 9 hours she is staying under the blanket...honey and roxy have come nose to nose with no incidents,honey still hisses at her and swats,but they have walked up to each other and smelled each other faces so on that end there is progress.but i am feeling like crap now when i have to work

Jim Hall April 2nd, 2009 08:25 PM

how long have you had her and she is a cat? i seem to remeber

heidiho April 2nd, 2009 10:38 PM

2 years, got her when she was about 3 to 4 weeks old.she is a cat.

Love4himies April 3rd, 2009 07:21 AM

Yup, she loves you that much :lovestruck:. Snowball was like that too, when I left for work he would howl, go to bed and not move until my expected arrival time, then go to a front window wait for my car to come in the driveway, then run to the door. Don't feel guilty, though, it is routine and they get acustomed to it.

14+kitties April 3rd, 2009 07:24 AM

I have a 14 yr old toy poodle who does the same thing. She won't eat or drink until I come in the door. She won't play, won't move from her spot on the couch. :cloud9:
As long as when you are home she is doing all things cat she is ok. Remember, she has had lots of upheavals in her life lately. It may take a while before she comes around again. JMO

catlover2 April 3rd, 2009 11:18 AM

Nothing to worry about, as long as she is behaving 'normally' while you're in the house. Roxy is still adjusting and working out her relationship with Honey which they will do eventually, and settling in. Just let it be. If Roxy was 3-4 weeks old when you got her, she is [I]still[/I] "your baby" and extremely attached to you as she was taken from her mother too soon (should have been at least 8-10 wks). Just give her lots of love and encouragement and assure tell her that you're not leaving her and this is "home". I always say to my cats when I have to leave, "I'll be back in an hour", or "late afternoon". I don't know why it works, but it seems to, and often cats will be waiting when I come in the door.

heidiho April 3rd, 2009 05:15 PM

Just want to make clear for the people that dont know..Roxy was brought to my door at that age she was going to be taken to the humane society,she was found on the property where i lived i would never take a animal that young i know better,but it was me or the humane society.Just wanted to clear that up..Yeah when im home shes out,like today,shes been out playing the games we play(fetch,attacking my ankles when i walk by)her and honey finally have come nose to nose,smelled each other than walked away,honey still hisses at her &me if i pet her and have roxys smell on me.And i have always done that i always say i will be right back..So i guess i will just let this play out the way it is gonna.I justcant imagine what she is feeling when im gone for the day,breaks my heart,i think maybe the 13 ride in the crate on the plane maybe makes her think im not coming back,guess i will never know..I just hate to see roxy in pain whether physical or in this case emotional..It s to much..

14+kitties April 3rd, 2009 05:32 PM

heidiho - don't feel bad for Roxy. She probably spends most of those hours you are away sound asleep. It's what cats do. :shrug: I understand she is bonded strongly with you but believe me, she isn't hurting when you are gone. Just staying where she feels comfy and can feel mommy close by.

heidiho April 3rd, 2009 05:47 PM

Even my mom is in awe of roxy,she said she has never seen anything like it,she adores her,loves her personality said when i move out shes keeping her(over my dead body) well i will try and not let it get to me,i have to work that isnt gonna change so she will have to adjust,and yeah she gets worshipped upon when i am here,like any cat should..:D

heidiho April 3rd, 2009 05:59 PM

Also roxy has been laying in honeys kitty litter,like totally kick back laying in it??Any thoughts.

Frenchy April 3rd, 2009 08:17 PM

Don't worry about it Heidiho , like 14+ mentioned , most cats do sleep all day .... so they can play all night and wake us up :evil:

I have 4 cats here now , when I come home from work , I can tell they were all :sleepy: party time here starts around 11 pm :crazy: