Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   SOS MIOW Still Operating despite Rumours (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=16594)

SOS MIOW June 22nd, 2005 01:30 AM

SOS MIOW Still Operating despite Rumours

Just want to nip a rumour in the bud before it goes around and around and around .......

SOS MIOW is not closed. Our 'shelter' is closed (actually the Centre Canin rented the space we were using to a groomer and cancelled plans to allow us to renovate their barn). I believe they are going 'dog-only' now. We had about 3 weeks' notice and went into a a bit of a panic as we still had 7 cats at the shelter. Between adoptions and volunteers taking cats home to foster, we managed to place everyone.

About 10 days ago, when I was in the midst of moving to Pincourt, I got a call re two of our cats that were placed in a foster home in Coteaux du Lac. Apparently the foster parent couldn't keep them (boyfriend problems I think). I personally couldn't take them (already having my own 3 cats plus 2 fosters and my 2 little dogs), so the volunteer arranged with Lucky Rescue to have them at Lucky's adoption day last weekend. Thank you Debbie for helping out in a crunch.

However, rumour has it that we are asking for help because we are closing up. Not true .... At the moment, we have been forced to downsize considerably (at one time we had over 20 cats/kittens at our shelter). The cats you see on our website are now safely ensconsed in foster homes and we are having an adoption clinic on Sunday, June 26th at the Carrefour Don Quichotte in Ile Perrot.

We will have to restructure, as we are not on the 'front lines' any longer (i.e., dealing with cats picked up by the animal control people), and we didn't have the need for foster homes before. We are still hoping to have another shelter, but for now we have to make do with the resources we have.

Lucky Rescue June 22nd, 2005 09:03 AM

I thought the white cat, "Sugar" got adopted? She was the one Lisa was going to take.....?

SOS MIOW June 22nd, 2005 11:41 PM

[QUOTE=LuckyRescue]I thought the white cat, "Sugar" got adopted? She was the one Lisa was going to take.....?[/QUOTE]

The only white cat we have is Ziggy who was pregnant and is at La Perdriolle. Sugar was adopted ages ago, but not by Lisa (she never showed up for her).

Lucky Rescue June 23rd, 2005 05:47 PM

The cat left at the Hudson vet is "Kilmet" (one of yours) and not Sugar. Are you taking him back?

canine14 June 23rd, 2005 09:27 PM

What?

Just for the record, saying that I "never showed up" to pick up Sugar is somewhat inaccurate. In case you have forgotten, when I emailed you to inquire about her, you wrote back and told me that she had been adopted to a lovely couple from Chateauguay. Perhaps you should review your emails.

Please don't cast aspersions on me. I have helped you out three times in the past few months.

Thank you.

SOS MIOW June 24th, 2005 08:37 AM

Perhaps I should have worded it better - my apologies. When Lucky told me you were coming for Sugar, she was still available. She was adopted shortly AFTER the clinic we thought you were going to come to to pick her up. I certainly didn't mean to insult you .... you have been wonderful in helping with the urgent rescues we've had.

SOS MIOW June 24th, 2005 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=LuckyRescue]The cat left at the Hudson vet is "Kilmet" (one of yours) and not Sugar. Are you taking him back?[/QUOTE]

I don't know any Kilmet, but we had Minette at the Hudson Vet and she is now with one of our volunteers (see picture below).

Lucky Rescue June 24th, 2005 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Kilmet was listed on your site, along with Minette and a few others.

SOS MIOW June 24th, 2005 09:25 AM

What site is this? The only cat we have is Minette.

SOS MIOW June 24th, 2005 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=LuckyRescue]Kilmet was listed on your site, along with Minette and a few others.[/QUOTE]

I found the site you are referring to. It is the CASCA website. Johanne Humpries asked them to put Minette, Zelda and Penny along with Hudson Vet cats on the site. These were the 3 cats (Minette, Zelda & Penny) that Debbie had at her clinic at the IGA last Sunday.

For future reference, our website is [url]www.sosmiow.com[/url]. We are not associated with CASCA, although we have worked together on various things in the past. The cats we still have for adoption are listed on our own site, although I am glad that CASCA has shown the pix of the 3 that were at the IGA clinic with Debbie and the other kitties.