Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Puppies have arrived! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=82961)

breeze December 10th, 2012 05:05 PM

O MY !!!!!!

:cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9:

Barkingdog December 10th, 2012 07:29 PM

Why do the puppies have collars when they're so small? It seem risky to me.

angeldogs December 10th, 2012 08:37 PM

The mom is a goregous dog and pups are too cute.

Dog Dancer December 10th, 2012 10:22 PM

I get the impression it's just for identification purposes, but perhaps GF or someone who has bred dogs could chime in. We love Noya's colouring and are truly hoping to get a boy who looks like her, but no promise from the breeder. :frustrated:

Barkingdog December 10th, 2012 10:46 PM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1050604]I get the impression it's just for identification purposes, but perhaps GF or someone who has bred dogs could chime in. We love Noya's colouring and are truly hoping to get a boy who looks like her, but no promise from the breeder. :frustrated:[/QUOTE]

The love the markings on Noya's face , she is really a beautiful dog. I hope you can get a boy that looks like her.

Dog Dancer December 11th, 2012 12:14 AM

Noya is beautiful isn't she Barkingdog! We are keeping our fingers crossed that the breeder gives us a dark little boy.:fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper December 11th, 2012 01:25 AM

:goodvibes: for getting the pups DD! so exciting :D

The coloured collars are to identify which pup is which, sometimes when they are so small & if they have similar markings it's hard to tell who is who. At this age there's no playfighting etc to be concerned about a collar getting caught & they aren't moving around too much/too fast basically just searching for food & warmth :)

CsqU4r3d December 11th, 2012 10:55 AM

This thread just has too much cuteness!! Noya is a real stunner. Our Mal Gal Tarkha had the mask and nose bar my fav. The pups are just too precious for words. You are very brave to get two pups at once. Puppy stage with Tarkha was quite a ride...she was a real chewer!!

Dog Dancer December 11th, 2012 01:13 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Growler, I figured it was just for identification purposes, but since I've never bred was just guessing really.

Thanks all for the nice comments. And for the :goodvibes: that we get the black little boy puppy. It's going to be a challenge that's for sure with two of the little beasts. Already though I'm smitten :lovestruck:

TeriM December 11th, 2012 04:04 PM

Congrats Dog Dancer, the pups are adorable :lovestruck:.

I honestly would not get two puppies so similar in age together. I've known many very experienced people who have done it and would never do it again. I would suggest waiting a year for the second pup. Then the first one is still plenty young to keep the new pup busy and exercised but they won't have that crazy bond. I even still have issues with Riley and Sam as littermates and they were raised in seperate homes but are crazy competitive with each other much different from their interactions with any other dogs.

Barkingdog December 11th, 2012 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1050607]Noya is beautiful isn't she Barkingdog! We are keeping our fingers crossed that the breeder gives us a dark little boy.:fingerscr[/QUOTE]

I will keep my fingers crossed too. I have never seen a marking like that before on a dog face . It looks like a Native American symbol was painted on her nose.

Dog Dancer December 11th, 2012 10:57 PM

Teri please don't try to scare me, I can do that myself! Yeah I know it's going to be tough for a while. The bonding thing is a major concern that we will have to work on constantly.

If the boy has those markings on his face I could call him Inukshuk (the Eskimo symbol of friendship) and we could call him Shuk (it's pronounced shook) for short! I actually kinda like that but I'm sure DH won't.

Barkingdog December 12th, 2012 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1050654]Teri please don't try to scare me, I can do that myself! Yeah I know it's going to be tough for a while. The bonding thing is a major concern that we will have to work on constantly.

If the boy has those markings on his face I could call him Inukshuk (the Eskimo symbol of friendship) and we could call him Shuk (it's pronounced shook) for short! I actually kinda like that but I'm sure DH won't.[/QUOTE]

I just looked up the Eskimo symbol of friendship and the marking on her face does look alike. That is great that you see a symbol too. Now I really hope you get the boy. I think it will work out fine getting two puppies at the same time.
They'll keep one another company when you have to go for awhile.

Dog Dancer December 13th, 2012 11:17 AM

I am impatiently waiting for new pics!!

hazelrunpack December 13th, 2012 11:35 AM

So are we, so I hope you're planning on posting them when they arrive! :D

Dog Dancer December 13th, 2012 04:20 PM

Most definitely my friend.

angeldogs December 13th, 2012 05:51 PM

Puppy pics when DD gets them :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee December 13th, 2012 09:53 PM

Oh...puppy overload! :flirt:

They're all so SWEEEETTTT! :cloud9:

Here's hoping you get the little black one :fingerscr and keep them there pictures coming. :thumbs up

Dog Dancer December 14th, 2012 02:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, finally! More pictures.

The little girls at 13 days old and then the three boys at one week.

hazelrunpack December 14th, 2012 07:27 PM

Awesomely cute, DD! :lovestruck:

angeldogs December 15th, 2012 06:36 PM

OMG :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck::cloud9:

Barkingdog December 15th, 2012 07:29 PM

[QUOTE=Dog Dancer;1050765]Okay, finally! More pictures.

The little girls at 13 days old and then the three boys at one week.[/QUOTE]

They're too cute . I would want all of them.

Goldfields December 15th, 2012 08:17 PM

Beautiful photo's, DD, and do not fear, we reared 3 pups together basically, one was born a month after the first two. I say rear two while you can. I'd probably do it again, even at my age. With my breed it's better watching two pups play together than be being heeled yourself by a bored little cattle dog pup bent on mischief. :D We sleep all our dogs separately, and if doing obedience to develope a bond with them that is of course a one on one experience, I've never had dogs that bonded more to another dog than to me, ever. You'll be fine, you have all the good folk here to help you.

Dog Dancer December 16th, 2012 01:40 AM

Amen to that GF, and I plan on using all the wisdom I can garner from this board. It's been along time since I raised a puppy. :cloud9:

angeldogs December 22nd, 2012 12:00 PM

Is there any more news or pics of the pups ?.

Dog Dancer December 24th, 2012 04:01 PM

I will check on the breeders facebook sites to see if I can snag a couple. I did get a video from the breeder with the females but I don't know how to put it on here.

angeldogs December 24th, 2012 07:53 PM

Sounds good.:thumbs up.

Dog Dancer December 29th, 2012 11:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, let's try a picture of the boys at 3 weeks. No pics of the girls just yet.

Still don't know which boy is mine, but have asked for one of the darker ones. I don't really care, I'm in love with all of them... (How many hands can you count holding all those puppies??)

hazelrunpack December 29th, 2012 01:24 PM

omd, cuteness overload! :flirt: :lovestruck: :cloud9:

Dog Dancer December 29th, 2012 03:35 PM

They're pretty big for 3 weeks old aren't they Hazel! I must ask her what they weigh. I can't wait for Feb!!!!:crazy: