Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Tech talk (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   using more than one quote in a post?? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44530)

breeze September 12th, 2007 11:09 AM

using more than one quote in a post??

I have always wondered how people quote so many quote in one reply??

I have seen the icon on the bottom right but I still can't figure it out :sad:
I tired yesterday but failed.

Can someone guide me on how to do this??

mummummum September 12th, 2007 11:31 AM

You do it in a series of cut and pastes.

Go to the first post you want to quote. Click on Quote. When in the reply dialogue box, "copy" the quote including the [quote] [ /quote] (not sure how you do it in Vista, I either right click to get a menu or use my browser's edit function). Either click on back or just close the reply dialogue box. Go to the next post you want to quote, click on Quote. In the reply dialogue box, the 2nd quote is already visible. Put your cursor before the 2nd quote [Quote] thingy (I like to put a line between the two by hitting enter) and "paste" (again, I'm not sure how Vista works but I have to either right click or use my browser Edit function) your first quote in place. And so on and so on.

marko September 12th, 2007 12:10 PM

This is just a test for the new multiquote feature

marko September 12th, 2007 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There is also the new multiquote feature, that we've had trouble with in the past...but seems to be working now. We wanted to test it with some new code we'll be adding soon but since this thread came up, here goes:

The icon at the bottom right of the reply box (attached here at the very bottom of this post) is the multi-quote button. If you click on more than one of those icons (ie one from member a, one from member b etc.) and THEN click the post reply button, you can quote multiple people.

As a test I did it in this very post with the quoted posts below my text here.

Hope that helps,

Marko

[QUOTE=marko;476973]This is just a test for the new multiquote feature[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=breeze;476953]I have always wondered how people quote so many quote in one reply??

I have seen the icon on the bottom right but I still can't figure it out :sad:
I tired yesterday but failed.

Can someone guide me on how to do this??[/QUOTE]

breeze September 12th, 2007 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=mummummum;476957]You do it in a series of cut and pastes.

Go to the first post you want to quote. Click on Quote. When in the reply dialogue box, "copy" the quote including the [quote] [ /quote] (not sure how you do it in Vista, I either right click to get a menu or use my browser's edit function). Either click on back or just close the reply dialogue box. Go to the next post you want to quote, click on Quote. In the reply dialogue box, the 2nd quote is already visible. Put your cursor before the 2nd quote [Quote] thingy (I like to put a line between the two by hitting enter) and "paste" (again, I'm not sure how Vista works but I have to either right click or use my browser Edit function) your first quote in place. And so on and so on.[/QUOTE]

Hope this works

[QUOTE=marko;476973]This is just a test for the new multiquote feature[/QUOTE]

This is a test from Breeze to see if it works... keeping my fingures crossed

breeze September 12th, 2007 12:19 PM

It does :highfive: It does :highfive:

:goodvibes: <--------- Breeze doing the happy dance :highfive:

thanks Marko and MX3 this is a very cool feature

rainbow September 12th, 2007 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=marko;476974]There is also the new multiquote feature, that we've had trouble with in the past...but seems to be working now. We wanted to test it with some new code we'll be adding soon but since this thread came up, here goes:

The icon at the bottom right of the reply box (attached here at the very bottom of this post) is the multi-quote button. If you click on more than one of those icons (ie one from member a, one from member b etc.) and THEN click the post reply button, you can quote multiple people.

As a test I did it in this very post with the quoted posts below my text here.

Hope that helps,

Marko[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=breeze;476978]It does :highfive: It does :highfive:

:goodvibes: <--------- Breeze doing the happy dance :highfive:

thanks Marko and MX3 this is a very cool feature[/QUOTE]

WOO HOO....I did it too :thumbs up and I'm quite computer challenged. :laughing:

rainbow September 12th, 2007 02:15 PM

Just wanted to say THANKS MARKO :thumbs up .....that neew feature certainly saves alot of cutting and pasting. :highfive:

breeze September 12th, 2007 02:16 PM

isn't great.. what a great thing to have. now we don't have to copy and paste copy and paste...

no if only someone could come up with something to help me spell :laughing::D

growler~GateKeeper September 12th, 2007 09:28 PM

I love this function thanks Marko!! :thumbs up