Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Wildlife - squrriels, raccoons, skunks, opossums, groundhogs, etc. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   pet food donations (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66618)

just jen November 5th, 2009 10:19 PM

pet food donations

hi there,
i'm hoping by posting someone might be able to reccommend a place to me.
i work for a retail store, in the hamilton area and i'm looking for a non profit charity to which we would be able to donate our pet foods and litters to in the area.

our items include:
dry dog and cat food
cat litter
and bird/small animal food.

the few conditions that must be met are these:
all of the above items must be taken, not just the food
they must be able to pick up every two weeks or so
and they must be NON PROFIT.

we are looking to donate to more of an animal rescue center if possible, that has wildlife (like raccoons, foxes, squirrels, skunks, possums etc) that might need these supplies.
if you are, or know of a wildlife rescue/sanctuary that might need this food, please post the location, and if possible, provide a phone number at which they might be reached.

thanks very, very much.
~ just jen

aslan November 5th, 2009 10:21 PM

actually a member here who has a catuary on her property, plus indoor kitties, birds and puppers to the tune of 30 some on kitties. could possibly use your help... her name is 14+. There are many members here who do rescue i'm sure one or all could use the stuff. Oh and thank you for even being willing to help out.

14+kitties November 5th, 2009 11:11 PM

Aslan, thank you for thinking of me. :grouphug: I am a private sanctuary and not registered so probably not what they are looking for. I appreciate the wonderful thought though. :thumbs up

Don't know if this is something like you had in mind or not.........

[url]http://www.hamiltonnature.org/aboutus/90thanniversary.htm[/url]

Good luck and thanks for thinking of our wonderful pets!

TwinTails November 5th, 2009 11:15 PM

I agree with Aslan, 14+ would be a wonderful person to donate to (if you are able to!).

If not, your local food bank or food share program would be a good option. I know many people who use the food bank also request pet food. It's so popular now that they allow to to come by any time for pet food/litter (in fact every week our local stores donate to the food share program, so every charity in town gets some to help out).

luckypenny November 6th, 2009 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;844828] I am a private sanctuary[/QUOTE]

All the more reason if you're not getting public donations :shrug:. So many of us here can vouch for you and the work you do with all the cats :angel:.

[B]Just jen[/B], it's wonderful that you're looking to donate items to a rescue :thumbs up.

rainbow November 6th, 2009 04:42 AM

I agree ....[B]14+kitties[/B] would be an excellent choice. :thumbs up

And, what a lovely gesture, [B]just jen.[/B] :angel:

14+kitties November 6th, 2009 09:53 AM

Aww thanks guys!! :grouphug:
JustJen - If you will consider me I would be grateful. As stated I have a privately owned small sanctuary for cats. Currently it houses 31. I also have 5 in the house that are permanent house kitties. We have an acreage near Grimsby. I also feed the birds in the area. I'm sure if there are raccoons they are helping themselves as well but I never see any.
I am also aware of a dog rescue in the Beamsville area. Between the two people who have them at their farms there are close to 100 dogs. I would be able to ask my co-worker if they would be interested in the dog food you have so kindly offered.
If you think I am the right person for you you can PM me or put a message on my info page. I noticed you checked it out last night. :) When you do that could you also tell me the food brands that would be available and the litter types? Thank you very much.

NoahGrey November 6th, 2009 12:11 PM

Hamilton Humane Society could use the donations. I am sure there are other rescues groups in the area as well.

ACO22

BenMax November 6th, 2009 12:23 PM

I will absolutely vouche for 14+K as well. No one is more deserving.:thumbs up

Chris21711 November 6th, 2009 12:26 PM

[QUOTE=ACO22;845217]Hamilton Humane Society could use the donations. I am sure there are other rescues groups in the area as well.

ACO22[/QUOTE]

All Humane Society's could do with donations ACO22....14k pays for everything out of her own pocket

BenMax November 6th, 2009 12:31 PM

Rescue groups usually get donations from a specific source as well as shelters (usually, this source is exclusive).

There are so many individuals that are so deserving since there is no other source to help with these expenditures. Really - it is they that need this donation more so than a shelter or rescue.

Please - consider 14+K. She has helped countless animals and countless people. She deserves it hands down.

TwinTails November 6th, 2009 12:32 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;845232]Rescue groups usually get donations from a specific source as well as shelters (usually, this source is exclusive).

There are so many individuals that are so deserving since there is no other source to help with these expenditures. Really - it is they that need this donation more so than a shelter or rescue.

Please - consider 14+K. She has helped countless animals and countless people. She deserves it hands down.[/QUOTE]

Here here! :highfive:

shirley1011 November 6th, 2009 01:28 PM

I also agree 14+ is so deserving but if not TAGS is looking for donations for an Indian Reserve where dogs & cats are in dire need of food. I delivered two bags of food to them last week to help with their plan to send to this reserve.

BenMax November 6th, 2009 01:33 PM

[QUOTE=shirley1011;845251]I also agree 14+ is so deserving but if not TAGS is looking for donations for an Indian Reserve where dogs & cats are in dire need of food. I delivered two bags of food to them last week to help with their plan to send to this reserve.[/QUOTE]

Another good one for sure.:thumbs up

NoahGrey November 6th, 2009 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;845225]All Humane Society's could do with donations ACO22....14k pays for everything out of her own pocket[/QUOTE]

I know all Humane societies could use donations. I was just thinking she lives in Hamilton and most like to support their community local HS.
I wasn't disputing that 14+ should not get it. It would be great if she did get it. I was just laying options on the table.

ACO22

Winston November 6th, 2009 03:13 PM

Thank you so much for stepping up to offer this to someone! it will be appreciated by whomever gets it I can assure you of that! there are so many places in need of this type of thing.

We can all pitch in and make some form of donation to those in our areas! or to those that we know need the help! and its a great time to do it too with the holidays coming!! :thumbs up