Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Photo challenges on Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   March '08 Challenge - The Ides of March (doom-destruction pix) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=49882)

rainbow February 26th, 2008 03:32 AM

Anyone have ideas for March other than St. Patrick's Day theme?

Easter is in March this year.....so we could do a bunny hop type of challenge, jumping pets maybe?

Western Easter is always the Sunday after the full moon after the Spring Equinox. That's why the date changes every year. Orthodox Easter is another date, usually a few weeks after.

How about "All Things Green"

In some places snow will be gone and grass will start to appear in March. I can't wait! But we won't see green until end of April. I check the weather every day and noticed + 11 C somewhere out west in Canada. *grumble*

Green for St Patty's and green for spring. The first taste of young grass shoots. *gnaw gnaw gnaw* Sniffing the crocus that just bloomed, etc. Or do the 'ol beer can pose beside a sleeping pet.

Spring Fever is another idea. Mud zoomies? lol

My Sheeba has never set foot on soft green grass. All she knows is snow and ice.

Judging by the forecast, going to be quite a while before we see any mud or green here :laughing:
Lots of the white stuff and ice though.

Yeah, I don't see where the green would come from, if I don't buy a can of paint!

Passover, Easter (both), St.Patrick ... sure ....

Or how about "white spring"

how about...

[B]Beware the Ides of March![/B]

we could photos of recent [I]assassinations[/I].... on stuffies.

[QUOTE=jessi76;552966]how about...

[B]Beware the Ides of March![/B]

we could photos of recent [I]assassinations[/I].... on stuffies.[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea but wouldn't work for those with cats only.

I forgot Easter was early this year. It's been done before but then so has St. Patrick's Day.

I liked the Mudfest idea :thumbs up but since you Easterners are still enjoying the winter snow :p:laughing: then I guess that won't work.

Any more ideas? .....

well, it could be any impending doom photos ... not just on stuffies.

Ides of March is a cool idea. The cat people could do scratching posts, or they have toys too.

Easter (March 23).

Spring (the equinox is March 20).

St. Paddy's.

But, I loooove the Ides of March idea. :lovestruck:

I'd have to go hunt the little mangled bodies down in the snow. My two seem to know they've commit murder and bury them. They don't seem to get the point the snow will melt and bodies everywhere. I like the idea tho, make little wanted posters, lol.

[QUOTE=jessi76;553168]well, it could be any impending doom photos ... not just on stuffies.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Byrd;553169]Ides of March is a cool idea. The cat people could do scratching posts, or they have toys too.[/QUOTE]

Never thought of the destroyed scratching posts.

I vote for the Ides of March too. :thumbs up

so the [B]Ides of march [/B]
means

"doom", "destrution" ??

[SIZE="1"]never understood it...[/SIZE]

The Ides of March, March 15th, is when Julius Caeser was killed.

[url]http://www.infoplease.com/spot/ides1.html[/url]

In modern times, the term Ides of March (Latin Idus Martiae) is best known as the date that Julius Caesar was assassinated, in 44 BCE

LOL i love google.

ok thanks

Ides was the term for the middle of the month the 15th or 13th depending on the month. A soothsayer said to Caeser "beware the Ides of March", and it turned out to be a true prediction because that's when Pompey and the council stabbed him to death.

LOL Who needs Google, just watch Xena.

LOl nono i cant handle xena, always seemed like there was more going on with her and gabrielle.

[QUOTE=aslan;553206]LOl nono i cant handle xena, always seemed like there was more going on with her and gabrielle.[/QUOTE]

HAHA That was one of the ongoing jokes, and only "certain" people would see the subtext. LOL They did both have male companions occasionally you know.

LOL and Rock Hudson was married. rotfl.

Our little :angel:s never destroy anything....no gloom and doom here, only perfectly :angel:ic doggies...

[SIZE="1"]And if you believe that, I have some beautiful bayou real estate you'll want to look at :laughing:[/SIZE]

Ides of March sounds like a great idea! If I come up with any pics, though, someone else will have to post them for me cuz I'm sure the thread will be too full for my bandwidth by then.

Quincy is already working on his march slaughter picture. Bailley on the other hand is a sneaky murderer. He does it when no one is around then acts like quincy did it.

:laughing: Smart Bailey!

shhh he already thinks he's perfect and he's sitting in my lap reading. We can't let him know we're on to him.

this should be an interesting thread with doom and gloom, ploting revenge pictures

[QUOTE=Byrd;553203]
LOL Who needs Google, just watch Xena. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Or, if you're my age, you learned it in school. :D

BAILEYSMUDGE February 26th, 2008 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay...when I think of spring... I think of "Spring Cleaning"... like this, for example...

BAILEYSMUDGE February 26th, 2008 08:31 PM

There could be all kinds of funny positions for our canine friends and feline friends alike.... :D

krdahmer February 27th, 2008 12:48 AM

[QUOTE=Byrd;553169]Ides of March is a cool idea. The cat people could do scratching posts, or they have toys too.[/QUOTE]

I like that idea... I have many a toy that has fallen victim to a claw or two... and my cat tree... it's pretty weathered too.
Although I must say spring cleaning could also be interesting (and super cute :lovestruck:)... maybe spring cleaning should be April's for us Canucks still covered in snow through March!

:offtopic: I have a wedding to go to on the Ides of March this year... I made a comment like that to my hubby when he mentioned the date and he had no idea what I was talking about! :eek: What DO they teach in country schools???:rolleyes::laughing: I don't think I'd want my wedding date to be one famous in history for someone being stabbed to death and betrayed by friends... :shrug:

aslan February 27th, 2008 06:27 AM

Krdahmer its ok my newfie spouse didn't know what it meant either. I think it would be kinda cool to be married on the ides of march then again i like Friday the 13th.

Frenchy February 27th, 2008 12:34 PM

So March challenge will be about murders , blood , assassinations desctruction ...

WOOHOO count me in ! :mwaha:

clm February 27th, 2008 01:09 PM

Nelly murdering the window frame going to be one of your pics Frenchy :laughing:

I like it, sounds like a good challenge.

Cindy

aslan February 27th, 2008 01:17 PM

Bailley got soooo busted, he must have forgot i was home. Its chewy went under the chair so don't i catch the little bugger chewing on the chair. He's so lucky he's cute or he'd be the death in march.

BAILEYSMUDGE February 27th, 2008 07:53 PM

Ok... How about this....

1 Attachment(s)
[I]Don't go getting your Irish up over a little matter like that![/I]

CearaQC February 27th, 2008 08:18 PM

Et tu, Brute? :laughing: Ides of March is a great idea! Caesar probably never said that, but Shakespeare thought it sounded good. :shrug:

Xena was a stupid show. :yuck: :laughing: :sorry:

Well heck if this Roman theme sticks, I fully expect to see pets in togas.

Example: [url]http://www.studpug.com/norman_agustus.jpg[/url]

[img]http://www.studpug.com/norman_agustus.jpg[/img]

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

jiorji February 27th, 2008 08:47 PM

HAHAHAH that pug looks so cranky

Frenchy February 27th, 2008 08:52 PM

[QUOTE=clm;553741]Nelly murdering the window frame going to be one of your pics Frenchy :laughing:

I like it, sounds like a good challenge.

Cindy[/QUOTE]

hummm , are you the one who e-mailed her to tell her about the next challenge ? Because she just destroyed her green Cuz :yell: it was from Dazy in Alberta :sad: (Fordgirl)

rainbow February 28th, 2008 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=marko;554391]

I was thinking about that exact same thing. (green eyes, foliage - aor anything creative with green)

....but it seems like Ides of march is getting more support which is totally cool.

Still have a few days though...[/QUOTE]

Actually, we have to decide by tomorrow. :D

I'm still with the Ides of March. :thumbs up

And, the Easterners are still complaining that they're buried under snow and have no green foliage. :laughing:

aslan February 28th, 2008 03:27 PM

Rotfl, omg the pug is a riot. I seriously can't see getting mine in a toga, willing to try tho. hmmm i might be the death in march.

marko February 28th, 2008 04:02 PM

Actually we have an extra day since this is a leap-year.

I'm cool with Ides of March though, and as always, I prefer members to suggest the topics, so...all good.

Thanks!

Marko

krdahmer February 29th, 2008 08:50 PM

Et Tu Brute has a nice ring for the title too... have fighting and wrestling theme pics... goes with the ides of march and St. Patty's Day... lol

[url=http://www.squidoo.com/wymondham-college][img]http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/fighting/fighting0049.gif[/img][/url]

Love4himies March 1st, 2008 08:32 AM

[QUOTE=CearaQC;552948]

My Sheeba has never set foot on soft green grass. All she knows is snow and ice.[/QUOTE]

he he, you're going to have to have your video camera ready for those first steps and smells.

Love4himies March 1st, 2008 08:33 AM

[QUOTE=rainbow;554439]
And, the Easterners are still complaining that they're buried under snow and have no green foliage. :laughing:[/QUOTE]

And it seems like we may have snow until April, if the long term forcast is correct:frustrated:.

hazelrunpack March 1st, 2008 09:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
:D While I can still post to the thread...

This is an old picture (we were still in the city, then!)--the boys when they were about a year old, teaching the arbor vitae to tremble when they approach...

[ATTACH]33973[/ATTACH]

And at Hazel Run, there is a lot of back-stabbing going on... No one is safe at the Ides of March! :mwaha:

[ATTACH]33975[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]33974[/ATTACH]

marko March 1st, 2008 10:47 AM

Ok everyone - The pre-challenge posts were merged and the thread title changed. The Ides of March it is.

Thanks everyone...time to poooooooooooooost. :D

BAILEYSMUDGE March 1st, 2008 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok...it's really hard to find a pose of my guys meaning anything other than unconditional love..:lovestruck:.... but, here is a shot of Bailey and neighbour Storm ... ok...here we go....
[I]
"Caesar once, seeing some wealthy strangers at Rome, carrying up and down with them in their arms and bossoms young puppy-dogs and monkeys......."[/I]

Now if only I could've fitted him with a toga.....:laughing::laughing:

Frenchy March 1st, 2008 12:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Watch out because we're coming ! :laughing: I have A LOT of destruction pics :D

Let's start by : killing of a stuffie .... and some flowers were victims of terrible Nelly :evil:

Frenchy March 1st, 2008 12:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Paddington starring in : Killing of a tail :evil:

1. hummm , what's that ?
2. why does it keeps moving ? Must kill :evil:
3. Bailey , the poor victim :sad:

Frenchy March 1st, 2008 01:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
WARNING , graphic surgery picture ..... so I guess it's a semi killing :D

1. Killing slowly the feet
2. Watching in horror , the surgery
3. Noooooo , amputated Cuz :sad:

Frenchy March 1st, 2008 01:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Under pressure from other pets.ca members : oh yes , buy the Wubba , she'll love it , no no , it's undestructible , don't worry :rolleyes:

meg4050 March 1st, 2008 01:09 PM

Attack of the tail Part 2!

3 Attachment(s)
Romeo's favourite past-time!

1. I'm so scary!!
2. Must..stop...the moving!
3. Must kill!

Frenchy March 1st, 2008 01:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Funny how my destruction pics are always featuring the same fuzzbutts :rolleyes:

Paddington semi kill of kleenex , took them out of the box , turn the box over , makes a comfy bed :D
3. Another victim :sad:

rainbow March 1st, 2008 02:26 PM

HA HA HA ....that's quite the conversation I had with myself in post#1 :laughing:

[B]Hazel,[/B] I love the look on Brier's (?) face in the third pic. I know I probably guessed the wrong name but I had to pick one of them. :o

[B]Baileysmudge,[/B] that pic of Bailey is too cute. :D

[B]Meg4050,[/B] Romeo thinks he's so brave for such a little guy. :lovestruck:

[B]Frenchy,[/B] cute pics but you've got so many destruction ones I think you're going to have to have your [B]own[/B] thread. :laughing:

Frenchy March 1st, 2008 05:43 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;555523]
[B]Frenchy,[/B] cute pics but you've got so many destruction ones I think you're going to have to have your [B]own[/B] thread. :laughing:[/QUOTE]

And I haven't posted them all ..... yet :evil:

meg4050 March 1st, 2008 06:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So..I have to admit that I spoil my fur-niece...she's not normally allowed on furniture but whenever I take care of her I let her :evil: So now, even if my sister and her hubby are home - Indie sees me and associates that with being allowed on furniture and jumps on the couch! :laughing: These are her destroying my bad after I'd JUST made it :wall:

She's keeping an eye on the door, making sure mom and dad don't catch her!:laughing: