Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet product reviews - dog products (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   New Collar and we like it so far! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65155)

Winston August 24th, 2009 11:04 AM

New Collar and we like it so far!

3 Attachment(s)
I decided to check out a new collar for Winston and bought this new one! So far I really like it. It is supposed to be a Martingale. I have only been successful walking Winston with a prong collar because he is so strong but this one works very much like it but without the points. He seems to like it too! We havent run into another dog yet on our walks so that will be the deciding factor. If I can control him with it and not have him walk me out in front of traffic! :D

Oh and the collar had to be 30" :eek::eek: for it to fit!

Chaser August 24th, 2009 11:13 AM

And are there pics of your handsome boy wearing this smashing new collar??? :rolleyes:

Bailey_ August 24th, 2009 11:31 AM

:thumbs upYaaay! Glad to hear you're using the martingale instead of a prong. It's much more forgiving, and very safe. Great choice! Nice colors too!

Sylvie August 24th, 2009 05:24 PM

Wow, nice collar Winston. He will look so snazzy:D

Greta has one just like it only prettier because she is a girl. :laughing::laughing:

MyBirdIsEvil August 24th, 2009 07:25 PM

I haven't noticed a martingale being interchangeable with a prong collar, but if the martingale works just as well that's a good thing :thumbs up

Keep training training training, try to get away from relying on the training aids altogether :)

Have you tried a halti? I've had really good luck with them when fitted properly. I use the leash on the dead ring, I haven't noticed any benefit from the loop around the muzzle being allowed to tighten.

ancientgirl August 24th, 2009 07:49 PM

OH, that's really pretty!

Winston August 24th, 2009 08:27 PM

MBIE I need something that is strong enough to walk a horse! He is 110 lbs of solid muscle and as strong as an ox! Been there with the halty and he snapped a choke chain..

Chaser August 24th, 2009 08:29 PM

[QUOTE=Winston;818263]MBIE I need something that is strong enough to walk a horse! He is 110 lbs of solid muscle and as strong as an ox! Been there with the halty and he snapped a choke chain..[/QUOTE]

Agreed...he's one big boy! Maybe you could get a horse's head halter? LOL :laughing:

So where are the pics of him wearing it? :rolleyes:

Frenchy August 24th, 2009 09:14 PM

omg Winston got a pot flower collar ??? :eek:

:p just kidding. I like it :thumbs up

luckypenny August 24th, 2009 09:50 PM

[QUOTE=Chase_Mom;818105][B][SIZE="5"]And are there pics of your handsome boy wearing this smashing new collar???[/SIZE][/B] :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Chase_Mom;818267][B][SIZE="5"]So where are the pics of him wearing it? [/SIZE][/B]:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Here Cindy, just in case you didn't see the questions :D.

I'd like to see Winston wearing his new collar too :goodvibes:.

MyBirdIsEvil August 25th, 2009 12:26 AM

[QUOTE=Winston;818263]MBIE I need something that is strong enough to walk a horse! He is 110 lbs of solid muscle and as strong as an ox! Been there with the halty and he snapped a choke chain..[/QUOTE]

I understand that.

I had a rottie when I was a kid, tied her to a wrought iron post on my porch with a big nylon leash and went in the house for a second to get a drink. When I came back out there was half a leash tied to a post and she was up the street playing with my friends :laughing:
She apparently just lunged and snap went the leash.

I agree with the others, we need pics of him in the collar. :dog:

Winston September 14th, 2009 07:33 AM

Well yesterday was the ultimate test for the new collar and I have to say it failed for me! Keep in mind that it was used while we were at the WIggle Waggle Walkathon and not just on our regular walks.

I could not control WInston nor hang on to him without him dragging me somewhere! and that is no good for me! :sad: perhaps I am not strong enough I dont know but I definately will go back to the prong collar for areas we take him where there are many dogs! he was over stimulated!! other than that I have absolutely no trouble walking him with it around the neighbourhood!