Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Amphibians - rabbits - reptiles - rodents - exotics (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   help (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=72058)

the gang August 17th, 2010 11:25 PM

help

i have a hudge grampa toad!!! i have tossed him over the clossed in area 3 times--, felt real bad:shrug: but he keeps comming back, he was back tonight grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr on the back deck, hellooooo we have a acre, he has got disel 2 x in the mouth what do i do?? i put in a bucket tonight and brought across the street i want him gone!! dont want to hurt him, but diesel gets sprayed all the time:sick: any ideas? he is a big bugger, brenda and the pins

Luvmypitgirls August 18th, 2010 12:33 AM

Please, could someone tell me what exactly is a grampa toad, and what is it spraying? Sounds kinda creepy:eek:

the gang August 18th, 2010 08:33 AM

lol, i just called it a grampa, cause its so big and old looking it gives off a spray to keep animals away

Frenchy August 18th, 2010 09:10 AM

Put him in a box and drive him far from your house to relocate him ?

Luvmypitgirls August 18th, 2010 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=the gang;945402]lol, i just called it a grampa, cause its so big and old looking it gives off a spray to keep animals away[/QUOTE]

Ohhhhhhhhh........:o.......lol.

I didn't know toads gave off a spray, that's interesting. I love this site I learn something new everyday!:)

Dog Dancer August 18th, 2010 03:12 PM

I would think catch and release very far away should do the trick. Good luck.

Tundra_Queen August 19th, 2010 09:53 PM

brenda toads are territorial. I have tried for years to get toads to stay on my property as they eat tons of bugs every day! I believe it's their own weight. I hope u really don't "throw" him over the fence. Is there anyway u could put a barrier along the bottom of your fence so he can't get thru it and back into your yard? If he is that big he is a very old toad and probably has been around your area for years. If u move him somewhere else he might not be able to survive. :(

erykah1310 August 20th, 2010 08:22 AM

I have some in my basement, 2 to be exact, lilly and tilly :D
They dont really spray as much as they secrete an oil of sorts if something threatens them. Bailey was terrible for playing with them and getting that horrible tasting oil in his mouth. If the dogs left them alone no one would get the foamy mouth gagging problem.
Once toads find a place with lots to eat they will keep coming back.

the gang November 13th, 2010 07:51 PM

here is my toad lol

1 Attachment(s)
brenda and the pins[ATTACH]70367[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack November 13th, 2010 08:28 PM

Ummmm...Brenda? You're taking pity on him and letting him in the house, now?!? :eek: :laughing:

the gang November 13th, 2010 08:56 PM

lmao , I DONT THINK SO :rolleyes: