Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Found Kitty In Georgetown near the hospital (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=43903)

Dextrophobia August 22nd, 2007 11:20 AM

Found Kitty In Georgetown near the hospital

This lil kitty showed up at my work at 1 Princess Anne drive last week. She is the sweetest cat and obviously belongs in a family, there's just no way she's always been on the streets.

She seems very skinny though, I'm guessing she had not had anything to eat in some time. My guess is that she is around a year old, mostly tabby, but has very unique stripes on her, almost tiger like, she's obviously a mix of something, she's got some orangey patches and black and white colours, big eyes, and cute as a button. She's a mutt of some sort, that's the best I can describe her. I will add a photo as soon as I get a chance.

Surely someone will claim her, but if not, she needs a home, I already have 3 cats and the upper credit humane society told me I can't take her there because they have no room. Right now a co-worker and I are feeding her and whatnot, but she has to stay outside sadly.

Hope I hear back from someone.

Love4himies August 22nd, 2007 11:48 AM

Please try to keep the kitty as safe as possible and thank you for caring for this kitty. Have you contacted the local vet's office to see if a cat with her description has been reported as lost?

Also she may be microchipped so a quick visit to the local humane society or a vet office may let you know who the owners are.

NoahGrey August 22nd, 2007 01:18 PM

Did you fill out a found report with Upper Credit? I would also have her scanned for a chip. She also might have a tattoo in her ear? She sounds like a calico.

Since she is so skinny, I would take her to a vet..see if they can take her in? If she is skinny, she is mostly likely dehyrated and may need to be on fluids? I know that some vets will take in strays and find them homes.

ACO22

Dextrophobia August 22nd, 2007 02:10 PM

There's no tat in her ear like my cats have. We can't see the chips though right? I'm going to try and take her to the vet today, and if she's not sick I will just bring her home, my cats are just going to have to suck it up lol ([I]lil buggers[/I]) She's been drinking a lot, my friend and I have been giving her fresh water every day and she's been eating really well. And yes I did fill out a report, that's when they refused to take her.

Poor lil thing though, spent about 2 hours cuddled up in my arms while i was at work, I brought her in for a bit because it was raining.

NoahGrey August 22nd, 2007 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=Dextrophobia;467873] And yes I did fill out a report, that's when they refused to take her.[QUOTE]

I know that they are EXTREMELY FULL of cats there. Please don't be so hard on them. They are doing the best that they can.

The chip is under the skin. When you take her to the vet, they will have a scanner to see if she has a chip or not.

ACO22

Dextrophobia August 22nd, 2007 04:15 PM

looks like i found him, there's a notice in the local paper today, he's been missing since july 17th which would explain the weight loss. I went to pick him up at work but he seems to be off exploring lol He'll prolly be there when i get to work this evening and I'll bring him home til I hear back from the family.

*crossing fingers* hopefully it's him.

chico2 August 22nd, 2007 04:26 PM

First you said SHE and my heart went for a leap,hoping it was a friend of mines female declawed kitty.
But they did find the remnants of a cat,obviously killed by a wild animal...they live near Georgetown.

growler~GateKeeper August 22nd, 2007 05:13 PM

hope you see a picture of the cat with if possible the supposed owner before showing/handing off the kitty to this person, though is sounds like it might be theirs - you still have to be careful for the cats' welfare. there are sick people out there.

:fingerscr it is the right people

Dextrophobia August 29th, 2007 11:25 AM

I have faith in people not to lie. It was not th is ladies cat, but she may be willing to at least give it a home if I can't find the owners.

I have pics of my little mutt though. Hehe I love this cat. I'm only guessing this is a female cuz of the orange colours, but I really don't know. And she is not declawed and also no chip. I am only going on personality that this is a family owned cat.

The other morning at work I was sitting outside with a couple of co workers eating a tim hortons bacon and egg thing, she came up to smell it, so I let her and said aw you wouldn't like that, as i pulled my hand away after she smelled it, she reached up and grabbed my sleeve with her paws and pulled my arm down and stole my breakfast lol I didn't want her to get sick from it but it was funny as hell.

[IMG]http://www.noraoffroad.org/kitty/kitty.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.noraoffroad.org/kitty/kitty2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.noraoffroad.org/kitty/kitty3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.noraoffroad.org/kitty/kitty4.jpg[/IMG]

Dextrophobia August 29th, 2007 11:28 AM

I really hope someone knows this cat, I'd hate to see anything bad happen. At least being right outside my front door at work I know she's safe and fed. If I brought her home I'm sure my other 3 would have a problem with it. I come home daily to find Skyler has unrolled the toilet paper again (she thinks its fun) Gunny has knocked dishes off the counter or broken something else in the house and I Susy got in another fight outside lol. I have a hard enough time with these guys as is, a 4th would just be hell.

rainbow August 29th, 2007 12:47 PM

She is very pretty. :lovestruck: Hope the lady who lost her cat :sad: will give her a home. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Dextrophobia August 29th, 2007 07:41 PM

she is sooo pretty and sweet and snuggly, i love her to bits.

Chris21711 August 30th, 2007 08:46 AM

She looks so cute, it's kind of scary though thinking that something may happen to her when you are not around. Could you not foster her until you find a home for her or the rightful owners? I find with my own bunch of furballs that when I get a new one they work it out in the end with not too much of a hassle.

Dextrophobia September 6th, 2007 08:37 AM

I would love to, but my cat susie, when i brought the two kittens home didn't even talk to me for a couple days and didn't come home one night. She was really mad at me. Now go figure, my baby Susie has been missing since monday morning. Usually she goes out when I go to work and as soon as she hears my scooter come down the road she comes running. I'm bloody well worried sick. Hopefully she's just mad at me for getting 2 birds and she'll come home when she's over it.

chico2 September 6th, 2007 03:44 PM

Dextrophobia,just a couple of questions,is she declawed??
Does she have a white belly??
My friend in Georgetown is hoping the pieces of fur they found,was not their girl-kitty.:pray:
She was only 3 yrs old...declawed(:evil: )and spayed,would stay out much of the daytime and come in at night,until one day she did not...

NoahGrey September 6th, 2007 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;474241]would stay out much of the daytime and come in at night,until one day she did not...[/QUOTE]

This is why ALL cats should be kept in doors. As I'm sure you'll agree. I always here...ooooo..but, my cat is only gone for a couple of hours, but my cat has been missing for a couple of days now *UGH* This frustates me to no end.

PLEASE...everyone keep their cats indoors and ONLY indoors.

ACO22

Love4himies September 7th, 2007 06:32 AM

Dextrophobia, has your kitty, Susie, come home yet?

chico2 September 7th, 2007 07:33 AM

ACO,I agree with you,although my cats are in the backyard with us and believe it or not,they stay with us,are very obedient..
They are not even interested in what goes on beyond the fence and if we go inside so do they.
We are retired and LOVE to be outdoors.
As for my friend in Georgetown,they found the remnants of a cat and believed it to be their girl,but still hope..
I did not add insult to injury,buy telling them how wrong they were,first declawing and then letting the cat outside,I think they know:sad:unfortunatey it cost their poor little girl-kitty her life.

chico2 September 10th, 2007 06:52 AM

Never mind,it's not her:sad:

Mahealani770 September 14th, 2007 07:47 AM

Can we get an update on these 2 situations please??

chico2 September 14th, 2007 07:52 AM

We never heard again about this kitty,but my friends are still hoping beyond hope the remnants they found was not Cindy,I believe it was:rip:Cindy