Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Go! Natural Dog Food (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22678)

technodoll January 5th, 2006 10:26 AM

Go! Natural Dog Food

Proudly Made In Canada... Anybody else feed this?... so far it's the most nutrient-dense food i've found for my boy... great ingredients, 617 kcal/cup means less is needed and less poop is produced... it's not cheap though, thank god we're only feeding him 2 cups/ day to supplement his raw diet (he's on half-half right now, as raw does not provide enough calories for this little monster... 110 lbs and growing boy!). he thinks he's getting "cookies", not food, so it's funny to see him go nuts over the dry stuff... but of course i add in 1/2 can wet food, cottage cheese, canned fish, whatever is lying around the house that day...

Ingredient list for ‘Go! Natural’ adult chicken formula:
Chicken Meal, Chicken Meat, Whole Brown Rice, Whole White Rice, Hulless Barley, Sunflower Oil, Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols (vit E), citric acid (vit C) and Rosemary extract), Salmon Meal, Dried Whole Potatoes, Rice Bran, Natural Chicken Flavour, Dried Whole Apples, Dried Whole Carrots, Ground Flax, Bee Pollen, Dried Whole Garlic, Ginger, Dried Alfalfa, Dried Whole Egg, Beta Carotene, Dried Whole Cranberries, Kelp, Yucca Shidegera, Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulphate, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Vitamin A acetate, Cholecalciferol (vit D), dl alphatocopherol acetate (vit E), ferrous sulphate, **zinc proteinate, zinc oxide, niacin, calcium pantothenate, copper sulphate, **copper proteinate, manganous oxide, riboflavin,
calcium iodate, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vit B6), folic acid, biotin, sodium selenite, cobalt carbonate, menadione sodium bisulphate complex (vit K), Vitamin B12.
** these items are chelated minerals.

Prin January 5th, 2006 10:50 AM

Go Natural was part of the toxicity "scandal", remember? Merrick let them use their plant while the beef ban from Canada was still in effect and the Go Natural food ended up tainted and killed a couple of dogs... But I mean, it happens to the best of companies...

I didn't even look at it for my babies because Boo can't eat any poultry.

technodoll January 5th, 2006 11:06 AM

yep but it only happened one one texan facility, had nothing to do with the products manufactered in Canada, where the pet food practices are different anyways. i blame the american grain source for that bad lot (which was small, not widely distributed and happened a long time ago)... still haven't found a holistic food which packs as much calories per cup (except Evo but i don't trust it) so that's why i like this brand... for now... i'm so fickle though, who knows what i'll feed him next, LOL! i'm so lucky he has zero allergies and can eat everything though. i would hate to be in your shoes, being restricted in what you can and cannot feed... :pawprint:

gdamadg January 5th, 2006 02:50 PM

I feed Sprint this and I have no complaints. He is healthy and active and has a beautiful shiny coat.

technodoll January 5th, 2006 03:28 PM

cool! how big is Sprint, and how much does he eat per day?...
:crazy:

Shamrock January 5th, 2006 03:58 PM

I used their products for a couple of years,and was very happy with them - high quality ingredients, and a Canadian local manufacturer produced them - a bonus.
I was alarmed when the tainted food alert hit, but as mentioned, it was not affliated with the Canadian plant.
My finicky dog didnt real like this food,however, a lot was being wasted.
The only brand I have found he will really eat is the Royal Canin Poodle - not nearly as good nutrition wise. I might try Go Natural again, as I am not happy with the RC.

My 3 cats loved Go Natural, did very well on it, but when the already- high price jumped last year. I switched them over to Felidae, also a good product that manufactures a larger, more cost-efficient bag.

gdamadg January 5th, 2006 05:02 PM

[QUOTE]cool! how big is Sprint, and how much does he eat per day?... [/QUOTE]

He's about 80 lbs., almost due to see the Vet and I think he has put on a bit since last time. I feed him 2 1/2 to 3 cups a day, he is semi active.